Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Shottafire

Votes: 33 37.5%
  • Miwa

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
good luck everyone.

@BID, the most places i find growers need help is in the frequently asked questions part of the site, im always going to that section to offer help and advice as most new growers dont post journals they just post help questions in that section, i know king is also all over that section as well, plus the 420 staff do as much as they can to answer questions their but theirs lots of them been posted each day so some go unanswered for a day or 2 so i try and get through as many as i can, its a pain been subbed to many many journals but most come for help then when they get help they create a journal and stay with the site, so it brings new members and new customers for the sponsors,
i know you spend a lot of time helping others but when its done via pm it goes unoticed, trust me i know as i speak with many growers via pm and a lot pm when they get problems and some dont have journals or threads open so a lot of this help via pm goes unoticed, its only when you post in journals that you get noticed more of even tell the people you help via pm to post a msg in your journal thanking you for all the help, its not easy been subbed to so many journals, im on here easily 8 hours a day sometimes more if im not doing stuff with my kids or helping family members so i know it takes a lot of time,

good luck everyone,

your all winners, your work has gotten noticed and the good things you do for others has been noticed, so everyone up their deserves to win and in my eyes been nominated is as good as winning,

I feel there is others that deem there work worthy of being nommed and they are feeling left out.

I want nothing more than to share what I know to help people achieve better, I am over it sorry if anyone gets offended from my posts earlier. The important thing here is cannabis and how to grow it with the best ways possible. Light one up and lets get to it. I forgot about the contest and am blind to it now. cheers all

Yeah but its not really about that. This contest is a way for the mods to reward someone for helping them out. In some way you have made life easier for them and in doing so the mods seek to reward you.

You can have the most helpful person on the forums, always helping the noobs out, always doing cannabis research and posting their findings, or just always offering good advice to random questions in the FAQ. But if they also in turn do things the mods dislike then they simply will not be nominated. Or if they are just not buddy buddy with enough people they just will not win (gotta remember answering new guy questions in FAQ can be a thankless task as most new people wouldnt even know about the monthly contests).

With all that said people liked you, the mods liked you and they all deemed it worthy of you to win. IMO just go with it, as even though you may not feel you are being that helpful or deserving there clearly are others who disagree with you.

I voted for Miwa, just because he is a good dude. He comes to my journal, cracks jokes or talks about his ladybugs, or does whatever he does. Its not because he has necessarily gone out of his way to help tons of people, or flags tons of posts or whatever it is the mods think you should win for. I just voted for Miwa because I like having the dude around, much like I am sure a lot of the votes you got Shotta are for similar reasons.

If it wern't for dudes like Don Paul, Miwa, Fishcake, JamestheGreen, ChronictheHemphog, LEDERF, Smokemup, Spring2012, RelaxedLeester, Trichomes, Stealthgrow, OldManMed and lots of others in the 420 gang I probably wouldnt keep on posting or being on the forums as much as I am. Its not always about the guy helps the most, or visits the most journals, or even (as the mods like it) rats the most. Sometimes its just about the guy who is the most and apparently your a pretty OK guy Shotta :)

couldnt agree more, you either got nominated because your stood out to the mods as either helping others, or keeing the journals safe by reporting spam msgs, theirs lots of different reasons why members get nominated, some are all over the site helping others, some are helping the mods by reporting spam and new member who join just to post links to other sites, even been an all round nice person will get you nominated, if members like speaking to you and you get on well with everyone then you have got a good chance of been nominated,

plus it might not of been the mods who nominated you, you could of given someone some great advice or someone likes the info you provide and they then could of told 420girl that you deserve to be nominated, none of the nominees would be up their if they didnt deserve to be up their, everyone nominated stood out for one reason or another and its all good, clearly you all deserve to win else you wouldnt of been nominated, in the past when members could nominate it was usually the same people getting nominated each month, but now the mods do the nominating it makes it more fair as they members get nominated for many different reasons instead of getting nominated because they know the most people,

so to be nominated is a great thing, yep their are many members who deserve to be nominated but everyone who deserves it will be nominated at some point or another, so dont think you dont deserve it or others desere it more, its members like you that keep this site what it is so been rewarded for it is not a bad thing,

good luck everyone, im going to have to have a good think about who to vote for, miwa is a very good candidate, i just watched him destroy a load of spider mite with his turbo charged vac,

Thanks guys I am stoked on it dont get me wrong. Just going to continue to work hard and keep my mouth shut.

I am happy either way right now. Just harvested a few grape krush and they smell insane. I just hate when the bud to leaf ratio is in the leafs favor.

wow im really glad i broke the silence and cracked open the convo, finally ppl posting in here again, i posted my inital post because i felt it time to talk about it and get ppl evaluating what this thread is and means to them, the staff said yo! were gonna do it different and see how it goes, its been going a while now we sort it out at least as far as what ppl think of the new method, me i feel neither way is perfect it seems a hybrid might be the best , hmm just like cannabis sometimes a hybrid it the best medicine! lol i do wish there were more ppl in the list with as many helpful contributing members as we have 5 seems a bit short but thats me, its a tough one since all but the first guy i know to one degree or another and all deserve the w! im gonna have to go scope out doode #1 and see his postarifficness! i think a few other criteria should be part of a members condideration, like diy & innovation in growing as well as other things like bringing new concepts ,news,data, reference material,content generation etc. theres so many layers to this site and its members , something thats been mentioned i want to touch on again is the popularity thing, here its not the same animal as real world, here your no gonna get popular from your looks or your financial profile, you get popular for being helpful,and doing many of the things on the "list" so its got a different meaning to be popular here vs Hollywood,tv,high school etc. its about being a good member in alot of ways, you dont become popular here for being quiet,grouchy,giving bad info, at least thats how i see it, my personally popular members are the ones i see helping ppl giving good advice doing something different creating a helpful useful diy thread that makes my search for a better way easier, answering questions wherever they find can help, so in my eyes popularity here has a real value, ok thats my comment for the moment *steps down off the soap box,hands mic back to the mc*

Yeah but its not really about that. This contest is a way for the mods to reward someone for helping them out. In some way you have made life easier for them and in doing so the mods seek to reward you.

You can have the most helpful person on the forums, always helping the noobs out, always doing cannabis research and posting their findings, or just always offering good advice to random questions in the FAQ. But if they also in turn do things the mods dislike then they simply will not be nominated. Or if they are just not buddy buddy with enough people they just will not win (gotta remember answering new guy questions in FAQ can be a thankless task as most new people wouldnt even know about the monthly contests).

With all that said people liked you, the mods liked you and they all deemed it worthy of you to win. IMO just go with it, as even though you may not feel you are being that helpful or deserving there clearly are others who disagree with you.

I voted for Miwa, just because he is a good dude. He comes to my journal, cracks jokes or talks about his ladybugs, or does whatever he does. Its not because he has necessarily gone out of his way to help tons of people, or flags tons of posts or whatever it is the mods think you should win for. I just voted for Miwa because I like having the dude around, much like I am sure a lot of the votes you got Shotta are for similar reasons.

If it wern't for dudes like Don Paul, Miwa, Fishcake, JamestheGreen, ChronictheHemphog, LEDERF, Smokemup, Spring2012, RelaxedLeester, Trichomes, Stealthgrow, OldManMed and lots of others in the 420 gang I probably wouldnt keep on posting or being on the forums as much as I am. Its not always about the guy helps the most, or visits the most journals, or even (as the mods like it) rats the most. Sometimes its just about the guy who is the most and apparently your a pretty OK guy Shotta :)
Well said Jimmy, I feel exactly the same way you just said it much better than I did:)

haha, of course it is a popularity contest, and of course you want to be recognized internationally for your work...that's right work, that you have done on the site! You GET popular by giving good advice, bein a good joe, not irritatin the mods too often ( I'm pretty sure they get a vote), doin some research, sharing your experiences....just being positive!, positive makes everyone feel better! I love you all, you are some of my greatest heroes..............but my vote will be the result of a compilation of all these things................and how they fit into the details outlined in the rules and requirements...........This award is really an honor! YOU ARE RECOGNISED INTERNATIONALLY!

Such politics and drama surrounding a simple contest... Amazing.

That is three months in a row where the populace has announced their disdain with this contest. Same people get nominated all the time... don't know any of the people this time... You asked for a change, it was delivered, and now more complaining.

Congrats to all the nominees... you have each contributed in a different way on the site.

...........This award is really an honor! YOU ARE RECOGNISED INTERNATIONALLY!

Under a pseudonym for 99% of us... but I get your point.

c'mon Rico...faster..tired...got low T...i'm trying to help...i need a rest...

Thanks Miwa.

Ahem
:cough:

Boo Hoo

I'm not worthy.

Don't vote for me.

There are people more deserving than me, etc.

Boo hoo.

Please take my name off the list.

(are you sure this will work, Miwa? :scratchinghead: )

Thanks Miwa.

Ahem
:cough:

Boo Hoo

I'm not worthy.

Don't vote for me.

There are people more deserving than me, etc.

Boo hoo.

Please take my name off the list.

(are you sure this will work, Miwa? :scratchinghead: )

ba ba BAAHAAHAA

nope

too late

try it next time :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom