• Coke420

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Shottafire

Votes: 33 37.5%
  • Miwa

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How ever i would just like to point out !

That past MOTM winners have all but faded away from the forums, where are they now ?

Are the forums not indeed of their assistance or has it served their purpose ?

But we the few hardcore members help keep the standards my ol china, that is whats important :thumb:

Stiff upper lip, our time will come & maybe in other ways !
I am relatively new here, but I wanted to say something on this point. I can name three past winners off the top of my head that have absolutely stayed active since winning MOTM...KingJohnC, DonPaulp, and BigIrishDoode. One thing we must remember about winning MOTM, IMHO, is that now they are subject to being referenced to others...noobs such as myself to PM and ask individual questions. So there is a lot going on with these winners long after the Title is obtained. A lot of it in the background such as PM's and other members quoting, sending the person to the MOTM's thread or otherwise giving answers crediting the MOTM for the information. It doesn't really end when the title gets there. They now have a kind of duty to fulfill for the life of the membership. Just my opinion.

you dont become popular here for being quiet,grouchy,giving bad info, *steps down off the soap box,hands mic back to the mc*

* takes mic * SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEL yow!

Hey you don't have to single me out like that :cheesygrinsmiley:

I am a past winner and I am on here the same as always........I don't give recommendations in pm's....the whole idea is to share the information, htf can anyone draw any quality conclusions if they only get a portion of wtf is happening with a grow? I'm not clicky, but if the mossbacks aren't visible, maybe they are somewhere else on the forum. Good day!:circle-of-love:
The three members' names I gave are only what came to mind immediately. There are SO many others that I have been sent to since joining here that I couldn't possibly name them here. I've "threatened" to PM Ricorico several times recently to get something answered, but so far haven't done it as I got the answer by reading up. So, he's safe from me....at the moment. :rofl:

Personally I have PM'd people in order to not "hijack" another growers thread when I've read something and a question comes to mind on my own grow, or to ask an off topic question....or mostly to ask a question that has been probably asked a hundred times by newbies and seasoned growers might get irritated answering the same thing over and over again on the posts. I don't have any luck whatsoever with the "search" feature on this site. I must be doing something wrong....but it is so far of no use to me.
I do see you around a lot, mcloadie, and I have learned much from your posts! I'm just saying that there are avenues being followed that others may not think about when they don't see a previous MOTM active on the threads. :) Their information is there on their own grows and threads...forever to access and learn from.
I think the mods have a way of knowing if there are grower help PM's going on too, I'm sure they add that to their considerations for MOTM.

The three members' names I gave are only what came to mind immediately. There are SO many others that I have been sent to since joining here that I couldn't possibly name them here. I've "threatened" to PM Ricorico several times recently to get something answered, but so far haven't done it as I got the answer by reading up. So, he's safe from me....at the moment. :rofl:

Personally I have PM'd people in order to not "hijack" another growers thread when I've read something and a question comes to mind on my own grow, or to ask an off topic question....or mostly to ask a question that has been probably asked a hundred times by newbies and seasoned growers might get irritated answering the same thing over and over again on the posts. I don't have any luck whatsoever with the "search" feature on this site. I must be doing something wrong....but it is so far of no use to me.
I do see you around a lot, mcloadie, and I have learned much from your posts! I'm just saying that there are avenues being followed that others may not think about when they don't see a previous MOTM active on the threads. :) Their information is there on their own grows and threads...forever to access and learn from.
I think the mods have a way of knowing if there are grower help PM's going on too, I'm sure they add that to their considerations for MOTM.

I hear ya bro, if ya get on my journal you're welcome to expand in any direction with anybody there or on your own tangient......I am at a point that I've experienced in so many areas........work, life, bike.....I'm at a spot where tiny things are making big differences in my work, I learned these things by some off the wall stuff that inspires me....or makes my single brain cell function one more time! It comes from you and all the fine, and might I add respectful, folks here on 420!

IMHO, I don`t think there`s any to get away from MOTM being a popularity contest. It doesn`t matter how the nominees are selected, people will not vote for someone they don` know. They will vote for their friends or at least a name they recognize. This is human nature. I can`t think of a solution. Now I did read a post, couldn`t find it or who wrote it, but it sure sounded like a great addition to the plant and nug contests. It was to post the pictures anonymously. After the voting was over then names would be added. If this is feasible it sounds like a good idea.

IMHO, I don`t think... It doesn`t matter, people will not vote for a human. I can't think....

Now I did read a post, It was to post the pictures anonymously. After the voting was over then names would be added. If this is feasible it sounds like a good idea.

We could post the nominees for MOTM anonymously as well :thumb:

That would solve all the bickering :partyboy:

can't pull Rico..pushing works..go Rico...Fire is gaining speed..he'll be outta sight if you keep lagging:)

Well, Miwa I may look like a loser,
but I feel like a winner just for being nominated :thumb:

And I got a few votes, so some 420folks think enough of my contributions or whatever to give me their vote :thanks:

That means more to me than a nug jar ever could :Rasta:

:amen:

Oh no, like I said...all the nominees and members are my friends, I will check it all out and vote on the last day.

I'm glad shotta is so far ahead, it takes the pressure off the rest of us.

It feels good to know that I can come back here next month,

bitching about how it used to be better in the old days

and how it has become such a popularity contest :partyboy:

being nominated is good enough people, it shows your work and comments are getting noticed,

im on here as often as i can be which is usually a good few hours each day, im subb'd to that many journals and help pages now that its best to drop me a pm if you need to get hold of me a bit quicker as it takes at least 8 hours to get through all the journals im subbed to, even longer if ive not caught up on all the journals in a few days, then when i get to the bottom of the list and refresh the page it all starts again,

but i love the site and love the members, its the only place i can talk weed and talk plants so its all good,

good luck everyone, my vote will be just before the contest ends as well, its a tough call as usual,

Oh no, like I said...all the nominees and members are my friends, I will check it all out and vote on the last day.

Totally agree... I know all of them except one and I checked him out. Gonna wait till the last day and give my vote to an underdog.

Any of them are deserving, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom