• Mr Am4zin

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Oldergrower

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • C526

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last I checked though, C526 had no votes, so I'll rectify that right now. When I first joined he was all over the place. I definitely have a soft spot for that guy. I think he had some medical issues going on and it worries me that he disappeared. I wish him all the best, wherever he may be. ❤️

Some might think that was a wasted vote. I wouldn't be one of them. :circle-of-love:

I don't get how somebody can be here and in under 3 months be motm... I don't get how great people, growers and more importantly, medicinal explorers/discoveriers (is that a word) still aren't motm or beaten when put up or aren't nominated at all.and if it just needs my nomination, well that shouldn't be enough... I was rapt to the hilt when jaga won his..shattered when 420motoco missed his, so along with others made sure members knew why he should win the next & moty.... I liked it and it seem to make more sense when the mods would nominate the members.. But I think all that's needed is a member of the year. Mods could nominate the twelve, hand them all freebies, then we vote to give one the mother load...at the moment, some here, all over it for few months, get the prize, hardly seen after that. At least if mods selected at endofyear,it'd be for a years worth of 420mag service.... Sorry, just the way I feel, which I have a bad habit of letting others know, without actually wanting to offend or debate, it's just the way I feel, lol...... light addict will get mine... A lot sub to his wacky styles, lol. He grows poty plants (should have entered your girl in December last year, would have won, lol).....

It's always good to get someone's perspective Grizz. No apology necessary. I understand what you're saying. Life can get really complicated and sometimes someone who won this title finds themselves unable to continue with the high level of visibility. I've come across a few members who aspired to the title. None of them even made it into the nominations. It's not a title any of the people on this list sought, if that means anything to you, and I know my fellow nominees make me proud to be associated with them.

Now I feel like a tosser... Weasel, I read incentive as insensitive. I couldn't work out the sentence but thought you was saying I was being insensitive, thought I better elaborate, whoops.... Thought my buddy was disappointed in me....

I understand. The system as it is isn't at all perfect. It favors the FAQ addicts (people like me who wander around being a forum junkie and posting a lot :)) There are many people more deserving than me who aren't on this list. There are people every month who I'd really like to nominate but I know they don't qualify according all the stated parameters.
Nevertheless, this list is made up of some great members and they have helped a lot of people out. The awesome ones who aren't on the list will continue to be rewarded in different and way more important ways for their awesomeness. Maybe it's our job to recognize and thank those people in whatever ways we can. Seems to me that a few trinkets and a title aren't the important part of this.

Ha ha!
No worries. I found the MOTM thing a bit confusing as well. It was flattering to win but to be perfectly honest I breathed a big sigh of relief when it was all over.
I think MOTM has a useful function to make this website run, from the point of view of the management. It's basically a good thing, especially if we don't read too much in to it. It is what it is. There are more important things going on behind the scenes. As always.

I hereby proclaim you Grizzwald of the Month. Congratulations, GOTM! PM me your address and I'll mail out your reward at once- it is a box of fresh snow, just fell in my yard today. Awesome to cool you down in the midsummer Australian heat. :thumb:

Esky filler, send it now.... And none of this is coming from a "why don't I get nominated" platform.. Apart from not having the time patience care or conversation, I'm considered a cheat in these parts, can't happen. I've just been here few years, while before signing up, and seen what some say and how often to whom and when....moty, that's a title, potm notm poty noty, thats what all should be wanting to achieve here, majority motm, yawn.... Was happy when you won Weasle, and others...... Can I stop now, lol.... Eveready, just keeps going and going, lol....

I know what you mean by the sigh of relief... Man that potm I was in, checking every few hours, lol... Almost glad at what happened, don't know if I could handle that again, had I won, lol... I go through your yard, get a better focus for your camera, your plants look gorgeous, potm worthy.....

Grizz.. Congrats on your "Grizz of the Month" title. It is well deserved and fits you nicely. :)

The nominated candidates for MOTM are the direct result of the appreciative members sending in their nomination requests to the moderators with the reasons.
Those names are then reviewed by moderators to see if the qualifications are met. This is a community chosen name list, that comes from members recognizing the help and participation of the candidate.

There is still time to put a nominee in to the moderators for this months' Member of the Month contest if you have someone specific in mind. :thumb:

I wish I could send you some snow, was going to send some to a friend in California....but it kept melting before I could get the shipping label on. :laugh::laugh:

Understandable, just glad to see you are being an active member and joining in :goodjob:

Hey older grower! I'm just trying to show support because I would like the same in return. Feel like I found a new family here as I am a housewife who takes care of her husband that is a disabled veteran. Much of my time is spent at home. This site gives me a place to socialize, learn, grow, and be an advocate for legalization and research of marijuana around the world.

Amen to that! :laughtwo:

OG, loving the new avatar. :circle-of-love:

Me too OG, seeing that prompted me to change mine back to my old one I had before I did the news hawk thing. I just love the solders helping one another, kinda' fits the whole 420 Warrior theme IMO

OlderGrower, that new avatar is sweet!
:thumb:
Thanks guys, that was a spur of the moment idea I had to try and lighten up my newest journal since it kind of was a rocky start. Liked it so much after I took the picture I had to make it my avatar :Namaste:

I don't get how somebody can be here and in under 3 months be motm... I don't get how great people, growers and more importantly, medicinal explorers/discoveriers (is that a word) still aren't motm or beaten when put up or aren't nominated at all.and if it just needs my nomination, well that shouldn't be enough... I was rapt to the hilt when jaga won his..shattered when 420motoco missed his, so along with others made sure members knew why he should win the next & moty.... I liked it and it seem to make more sense when the mods would nominate the members.. But I think all that's needed is a member of the year. Mods could nominate the twelve, hand them all freebies, then we vote to give one the mother load...at the moment, some here, all over it for few months, get the prize, hardly seen after that. At least if mods selected at endofyear,it'd be for a years worth of 420mag service.... Sorry, just the way I feel, which I have a bad habit of letting others know, without actually wanting to offend or debate, it's just the way I feel, lol...... light addict will get mine... A lot sub to his wacky styles, lol. He grows poty plants (should have entered your girl in December last year, would have won, lol).....

Trust me Grizz when I say I was not expecting the nomination after 3 months, and I sure as heck did not imagine winning it. In fact for me personally I did not like it at all. I found myself being compelled to look every day to see if what I thought was happening was actually real. Then I started questioning my own motives. Was I greeting this new member because I wanted them to feel welcome and become an active member, or was I really just campaigning to get another vote. Are there members who should have been nominated instead of me? YES many many many more, I could start with Cajun, 420motto hell I could come up with 100 people I feel are more deserving of being MoTM then me. When I first came to this site in October of this year, I was greeted by Pigeon, Major Pita and Rifleman to name a few. They let me know right away that I was welcome and my contribution to the community was welcome. I had never gone onto a site and had so many people actually be decent and genuine. I started to payback their kindness by doing to others what I saw them do for me. Funny thing it was infectious. I really enjoyed it. I started helping people when I could, heck even when I did not know the answer to questions off the top of my head, I pulled out my books and looked it up and if I couldn't find it there I used google. It helped others but it also helped me.

Ha ha!
No worries. I found the MOTM thing a bit confusing as well. It was flattering to win but to be perfectly honest I breathed a big sigh of relief when it was all over.
I think MOTM has a useful function to make this website run, from the point of view of the management. It's basically a good thing, especially if we don't read too much in to it. It is what it is. There are more important things going on behind the scenes. As always.

I hereby proclaim you Grizzwald of the Month. Congratulations, GOTM! PM me your address and I'll mail out your reward at once- it is a box of fresh snow, just fell in my yard today. Awesome to cool you down in the midsummer Australian heat. :thumb:

At least you had a breather before having the MoTY. I got it back to back, and I will say not being in the lead and not even being close, has made me way happier then winning the MoTM. In fact I can not wait for this contest to be over and done with, so I can go back to just doing the things I enjoy for those reasons and those reasons only.
When I say I am honored, that is true, but I also know that so many people contribute a whole lot more then myself and while they may not be doing their contributions as spread out as me, the contributions they do contribute, dwarf anything I have or ever will do. That is why I make comments like, the should not be just about growing, there is so much more here then growing. Sure growing has become a big part but people like Cajun and 420Motto contribute in ways that not only make people feel welcome, they give people hope. People like Radogast and 420Warrior help motivate others to be more active not just here in our community but out in the real world. I could name so many people here this post would never end.
The people I have come to know here at 420 are selfless and generous. I only want to emulate them.

Thanks OG. It's amazing. You echo exactly a lot of the feelings I had, & have. As for MOTY, I completely forgot till recently that I would even be on this list- checked it, and there I am. ;). Someone even voted for me and that is very sweet. It's not a race that I feel like I'm actually in though, nor should I be. What a relief!
How do we honor the people who actually selflessly fight to advance the cause of cannabis liberation, and help on the medical front, and make great advances in the art of growing?

Thanks OG. It's amazing. You echo exactly a lot of the feelings I had, & have. As for POTY, I completely forgot till recently that I would even be on this list- checked it, and there I am. ;). Someone even voted for me and that is very sweet. It's not a race that I feel like I'm actually in though, nor should I be. What a relief!
How do we honor the people who actually selflessly fight to advance the cause of cannabis liberation, and help on the medical front, and make great advances in the art of growing?

I bet a simple "Thank You" would make their day. We, as humans, don't say it enough.

Thank You all for fighting.

Thanks OG. It's amazing. You echo exactly a lot of the feelings I had, & have. As for POTY, I completely forgot till recently that I would even be on this list- checked it, and there I am. ;). Someone even voted for me and that is very sweet. It's not a race that I feel like I'm actually in though, nor should I be. What a relief!
I do apologize for rambling, but anyone who actually knows me, they know that is how I am
I bet a simple "Thank You" would make their day. We, as humans, don't say it enough.

Thank You all for fighting.
Hope you do not mind, but I would love to ad your quote to my signature. so well said my friend, so well said

There are a lot of things that go into picking a "member of the month" much less member of the year.. these things vary between each person. You guys always know I'm as straight of a shooter there is and don't mind sharing my votes and why due to I believe in giving proper respect to the person I cast my vote for....

To me the criteria of member of the month or year isn't base as much on how many times a person says hello or remembers my birthday or wishes a happy day. These are all great things that are always appreciated bit Imo the person on the list above that has put out solid info and led by example and changed the way many people grow cannabis and taken us all in a positive direction through GROWING is my friend Light Addict.... my vote goes to you

Good luck to all entries a fine group of folks here

:bump:....:circle-of-love:

As I look at the list of last years winners, I absolutely am dumbfounded in making my decision. There are soooo many friends on there that to vote for one would mean...not voting for someone else. This is why I don't breed bird dogs any more. I just couldn't pick a pup to keep out of a litter. To pick one meant that I didn't get to pick another one and I loved them all! I may have to sit this one out......unless.....one of you can juggle while riding a unicycle and doing bong hits. Then they would have to get my vote.....unless one of you can juggle while riding a unicycle while rolling a joint....then they would have to get my vote. Now it would have to be a smokable joint and I would have to be the judge of that. Best of luck to all of you and in all you grow!

Back
Top Bottom