• Mr Am4zin

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Oldergrower

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • C526

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As I look at the list of last years winners, I absolutely am dumbfounded in making my decision. There are soooo many friends on there that to vote for one would mean...not voting for someone else. This is why I don't breed bird dogs any more. I just couldn't pick a pup to keep out of a litter. To pick one meant that I didn't get to pick another one and I loved them all! I may have to sit this one out......unless.....one of you can juggle while riding a unicycle and doing bong hits. Then they would have to get my vote.....unless one of you can juggle while riding a unicycle while rolling a joint....then they would have to get my vote. Now it would have to be a smokable joint and I would have to be the judge of that. Best of luck to all of you and in all you grow!

Bwah hah hah :) You are SO right, uptheholler! MORE UNICYCLES! MORE JOINTS!

So much value in the combined weight of the nominated folks.....how to choose who to single out and honor for their contributions in 2015? An important piece of what 420magazine provides to us all could easily be overlooked so I'd like to mention it and why it will factor into how I vote today. This space, this community is one of the only outlines I utilize to connect me to the world outside of my home. Sure, I travel out into the world as life requires, and I have a phone and internet and all of the things that people use these days to stay connected....but....I also have a condition that severely limits my ability to cope with the stimulus out there in the world. Often I can't manage traveling more than a few miles from home before I have to retreat to my safe place. Frustrated and sometimes rather lonely, I can spend a lot of time feeling isolated and defeated in my efforts to maintain healthy social habits. But when shit gets dim and no one is near for me to find the warmth of human interaction in (or when I'm not in a space to interact face-to-face), I can mosey into the forums and find a kindness just when I need it. That kindness doesn't even need to be heading in my direction to be valuable; sometimes just reading over someone's outpouring of love on another person is enough to brighten my living room or dry my weary eyes.

What I'm getting at is that some of us (maybe all of us) come here for more than free lessons on pot farming, more than pretty pictures to get us salivating, more than contests and prizes and diagnose-my-sick-plant parties. We come here for what other people go to the bar, the pool hall, the club or team or whatever for. We come here and are met with some warm, welcoming folks who neither know nor care if we are 20 or 200, size 2 or size 32, wheelchair bound or running marathons - it just doesn't matter. We come as we are and are accepted as we are and that, my friends, is a rarity. And be sure of this: the generalized notion that cannabis culture is full of happy, stoned, nice guys is nonsense. I've met just as many (if not more) stuck up, self-righteous, judgmental, angry, even violent people in our slice of society as I have elsewhere which tells me one thing: this is truly an exemplary community. YOU people are amazing.

All of that said and giving considerable weight to how each of the candidates interacts with the community, I am still torn to pieces because, OG and LA, you two are aces in my book. You guys both offer good information to folks, you spend a lot of your time investing yourselves in these forums, you entertain us while educating, you guys are great. But beyond all of that, you both stick out in my mind as being real friends of the community (which I'm sure all of the named people are) and that carries serious weight in my book. I'll pick one of you - by coin flip if I have to - and vote today, but you both deserve to be recognized and are both widely appreciated. Thanks for being here OG and LA!

So much value in the combined weight of the nominated folks.....how to choose who to single out and honor for their contributions in 2015? An important piece of what 420magazine provides to us all could easily be overlooked so I'd like to mention it and why it will factor into how I vote today. This space, this community is one of the only outlines I utilize to connect me to the world outside of my home. Sure, I travel out into the world as life requires, and I have a phone and internet and all of the things that people use these days to stay connected....but....I also have a condition that severely limits my ability to cope with the stimulus out there in the world. Often I can't manage traveling more than a few miles from home before I have to retreat to my safe place. Frustrated and sometimes rather lonely, I can spend a lot of time feeling isolated and defeated in my efforts to maintain healthy social habits. But when shit gets dim and no one is near for me to find the warmth of human interaction in (or when I'm not in a space to interact face-to-face), I can mosey into the forums and find a kindness just when I need it. That kindness doesn't even need to be heading in my direction to be valuable; sometimes just reading over someone's outpouring of love on another person is enough to brighten my living room or dry my weary eyes.

What I'm getting at is that some of us (maybe all of us) come here for more than free lessons on pot farming, more than pretty pictures to get us salivating, more than contests and prizes and diagnose-my-sick-plant parties. We come here for what other people go to the bar, the pool hall, the club or team or whatever for. We come here and are met with some warm, welcoming folks who neither know nor care if we are 20 or 200, size 2 or size 32, wheelchair bound or running marathons - it just doesn't matter. We come as we are and are accepted as we are and that, my friends, is a rarity. And be sure of this: the generalized notion that cannabis culture is full of happy, stoned, nice guys is nonsense. I've met just as many (if not more) stuck up, self-righteous, judgmental, angry, even violent people in our slice of society as I have elsewhere which tells me one thing: this is truly an exemplary community. YOU people are amazing.

All of that said and giving considerable weight to how each of the candidates interacts with the community, I am still torn to pieces because, OG and LA, you two are aces in my book. You guys both offer good information to folks, you spend a lot of your time investing yourselves in these forums, you entertain us while educating, you guys are great. But beyond all of that, you both stick out in my mind as being real friends of the community (which I'm sure all of the named people are) and that carries serious weight in my book. I'll pick one of you - by coin flip if I have to - and vote today, but you both deserve to be recognized and are both widely appreciated. Thanks for being here OG and LA!

Thank you for such a wonderful compliment. To me that is more valuable then any prize.

Dave, this was so moving. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I've felt like these people were my family from my first day on the site and every day the affection deepens. On numerous occasions they've selflessly stepped up and saved me when I thought I was splintering apart. There's something very special going on here and we all feel a little privileged to be a part of it.

Dave, this was so moving. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I've felt like these people were my family from my first day on the site and every day the affection deepens. On numerous occasions they've selflessly stepped up and saved me when I thought I was splintering apart. There's something very special going on here and we all feel a little privileged to be a part of it.

Hey Sweet Sue! You and Dave are absolutely right! The folks and the staff on this site are the reason that the atmosphere is so fantastic.
Other marijuana sites are full of people who are almost confrontational with people who are asking for help with problem in getting through a pot grow, or growing through life in general. Our community here is first rate.... full of top notch folks....and supported by dependable sponsors. We truly are a blessed bunch! Best of luck in all you grow!

You definitely abide, dave, you definitely abide. This was so beautiful.

Good luck to all, my vote goes to Light Addict. He journals aren't filled talk, he grows great plants, and is very helpful when you need it. I like going in his journals cause I can see evidence of him growing, unlike some journals where you get mostly talk,, boring pages of talk and fake kindness.

Good job, LA.

Ouch

:thumb:

What's fake kindness look like?

I'm sure I wouldn't know, Pigeons, and neither would you. :love: :hug: :love:

I'm fairly certain everyone in this room has no argument about LA's status among us, but we've discussed this more than once here. There's much more that goes on with this site than the growing of plants. Each of the members represented in this list rose to the title through legitimate means. To suggest anything else is to demean the motivations of the members who cast their votes in their direction. I, personally, have made it one of my primary goals to present myself here as authenticly as is humanly possible on a digital field. If that comes across in any way other than joyful and loving it's a matter of interpretation on the reader's part. I'm comfortable in my own skin and my sense is that every member up on that list can say the same. I've always been impressed by the way this site encourages authenticity.

I echo the sentiment though - well done LA. :circle-of-love:

L.A got my vote
4LGmGFh.gif

OK bugger it lol, Ill step in here!

Firstly I want to say thanks for everyone's support for all the members represented within this comp!

Were part of a big movement here and we all do our parts! Me I certainly didn't believe I had a hope, due to not being as active as I once was! My time here has been blessed already and I've tried to repay all I've found in life through this site, I'll continue on until I drop down dead lol.
To compare, although the point of the comp, is to miss the simple truth that this site is just like a plant. We have many parts making the whole work! Were all part of this living organism and without individuals providing differing inputs we would stagnate!
In short I myself have gone through times where I used to write a big daft welcomes every day and stupid poems for folks and tried to welcome everyone etc etc. Yet we can't all be happy all the time and if we were it would perhaps drive me nuts! When you've been here a few years it all becomes more about the friends and of course the plants! Also perhaps I'm now a grumpy git lol
Anyway lol, it takes us all working in our own little ways for this wondrous place to continue on and thrive, so it doesn't matter what or how we give to this wondrous cause and site, it just matters that we do and share the joy! ;)

Oh and the only reason I'm not a guy who replies with the multi quote is simply until recently I posted for a cpl of years off my phone and it didn't work lol. So I've got into the habit of just liking comments without reply unless I'm asked anything! So not anything more to it lol. ;)

Either way its a home here at 420 for so many, so its only correct to treat each other as we want to be treated! When I ran pubs my line was always the same when trouble brewed. I live here, so this is my front room! So treat it accordingly ;)

Anyway folks just grow, love and pass on blessings when ya get chance, it ain't rocket science ;)

Well said LA. I'm honored to be in the same class with you. :circle-of-love:

Isn't it funny how the longer you grow the more you begin to think of life in terms of the cultivation of cannabis? LOL!

Light Addict, that was well put. Thanks for that.

This magazine is a beautiful place full of amazing people. I can't count how many times I've said that but it's true. This magazine is life changing and I see it everyday. There are people here that depend on this place for far more things than growing cannabis and I'm one of them. I've made life long relationships here I'm so appreciative of. And it started at LA's journal.
When I think 420 Magazine, I think Light Addict. How awesome is that? This place is on a level of its for many reasons and he is one of them.. That's Member of the Year material right there! That's Member of the Magazine right there! Why?
Well, for all the reasons listed above. Or take a look at his journal. I see education, love, support, criticism and perhaps even some "boring talk" ;) this man is a legend and I can't express enough how honoured and privileged it feels to be on the same list as this guy, let alone 2nd place to him!!!

:adore: you're a gem to this site big guy it's an honour to be amongst you :adore:

:love:

Back
Top Bottom