Ak-47 - LED - DWC

Looking good man! You should for sure make some butter out of those trimmings! Im still eating cookies from my last harvest 3 months ago!

Definitely going to be making some butter with them. Hopefully going to have some special Christmas cookies if you know what I mean.

:welldone:

Nice looking girl there Nine44. Can't wait to hear the dry weight. Can't wait to hear your smoke review. Your journal is a nice read too.

I never used Bovida, so please give us a review on them too, if you don't mind.
:bravo:

WJ

Hey Jim thanks for keeping up with me here. I've vaped a bit of uncured popcorn and it almost tasted like apples. Boiled apples. Burned well though. Friend compared blindly my uncured ak47 and whatever I had bought for 240 a zip.... supposedly orange crush.... and he actually said mine tasted better.

Can't wait until she's cured. My little humidity meter is saying is about 55% in the jar, although I'm not sure how accurate that may be.

Got the boveda packs just in case I or whoever takes care of the cure forgets to check on it they should hold the jars at the right humidity within reason. Kind of like a fall back.

After the cure I'll be weighing and separating the harvest in jars by the half ounce since that's my usual monthly quota. At that time I will post the cured weight and smoke report, so sorry if anyone is anxious but you (and I) are going to have to wait.

Just in case you can't make butter right away. I have fresh frozen my trim and pop corn to make butter at a later time. Just made some from three week old fresh frozen. It works just fine with fresh frozen. Trim makes great butter. And I have buttered toast every morning.

Enjoy yours and I look forward to your final review and your next grow.

WJ

Looking good man! You should for sure make some butter out of those trimmings! Im still eating cookies from my last harvest 3 months ago!

hunterNitro please share your recipe with us i'm very high and started to crave for one of those cookies lol

plus i suck at cooking and need some advice :)

She sure looks good in the jars doesn't she.

Decided they were dry enough to fill the jars up fully for the rest of the cure. Now I have four 1300ml jars filled to the brim with delicious nuggets. Humidity in one of the jars is 56 again I don't know how accurate that is. Nugs feel really good though not moist or crispy just somewhere in between.

Vaped a 0.2g popcorn nuglet last night with a friend and he quit before the nug was done. Certainly seems like this is going to be a pretty potent harvest for an autoflower and for my first grow.

Obviously arrived late as per usual, but nonetheless congrats on your plant. Since I am using small lights I am leaning towards DWC with one auto plant just like yourself. So thanks for all the experience and knowledge you shared in this journal.
One question though: wasn't the one bucket setup too much of a hassle when feeding? Would you use a two bucket setup next? (One reservoir, one for the plant.)

Well truthfully it was more of a 2 bucket set up. Where as 8 let bucket 1 go empty while I had bucket 2 prepped with nutes so I would transfer the plant over to the already full bucket and repeat as necessary.

Truth be told as the roots got bigger and the plant as well it became more tedious to do so. In the future I would probably do as you said with a reservoir bucket and recirculating pump.
That is if I weren't going to try high brix as my next method of growth.
DWC is great and all but I checked in quite a bit on it to make sure everything was in good conditions and I believe my micromanagement of the bucket environment is the reason why my plant was healthy almost 100 percent of its life.

Good luck with your endeavors and thanks for the love

IMG_20141110_061840.jpg
Daily inspection revealed what I believe to be bananas.

No colloidal silver was used in the making of these.

Too late to make seeds so should I just pluck this bud off for now?

You should remove the female pollen sacks from your buds with a sharp pair of scissors and spray water to neutralize any stray pollen.

Big question is do I give her the mythical 36 hours of dark before I snip or just cut at the end of her regular 6 hour dark cycle.

I'm thinking since her dark cycle has been so short her whole life she may be able to benefit from the extra dark?

I've got a couple days to decide so I hope my 3 nanners didn't scare everyone off

I read a study where plants were given 24 hours of darkness before harvest and plants were not given a period of darkness before harvest. Both plants cannabinoids were tested and were nearly identical, the myth of giving your plants a period of darkness before harvest has been debunked.

I thought the reason for the dark period had nothing to do with the potency and more to do with using up the remainders of the stored sugars that can give a harsh taste and burn.

All these may be true but what worked for me was the convenience. Day before I wanted to cut I unplugged the light at the dark period as I was unsure of what time I was able to Harvest at.

By doing that I insured that I cut during the dark no matter what came up that day

I thought the reason for the dark period had nothing to do with the potency and more to do with using up the remainders of the stored sugars that can give a harsh taste and burn.

How is a plant going to use stored sugars and energy with lights off? It has to have light for a plant to convert energy through Photosynthesis. What i read in a study onetime anyway.

What I know about plants is that their processes run on photosynthesis. Without that, most processes go to sleep. The 24h dark period supposedly makes sure that by virtue of most processes being halted for a longer period of time, the plant goes into survival mode where it supposedly burns the sugars instead.

This seems to confirm it: Carbohydrates help plants survive drought (altho it explains it different, and for me to try and reword it here, would be futile .. go read it :) )

Edit: important part:

"To pin point the role of the NSCs (soluble sugars and starch compounds, called non-structural carbohydrates (NSCs)) more precisely, the team manipulated NSC levels by raising some seedlings first under dark conditions and then swapping them to lighter growth conditions, while doing the opposite with another set.

The two groups of seedlings were similar in every way except those that were raised under dark conditions last had run down their stores of NSCs whilst those that were finished off under lighter conditions had replenished their stores."

Edit 2: It also suggests that withholding water from the plant before harvest could be a good idea .. if not detrimental for other reasons.

Firstly plants do a lot of things in the dark.

BASIC PHOTOSYNTHESIS Basic of light and dark cycles.

The important part is this

"The second major phase of photosynthesis involves the conversion of CO2 from the atmosphere into carbohydrates and other biological molecules. This set of reactions is sometimes referred to as the "dark reactions" of photosynthesis because light is not directly involved. However, this terminology is somewhat misleading because light is required for the formation of the ATP and NADPH needed for energy and reducing power. If a photosynthesizing plant was suddenly put in the dark, the so-called dark reactions would only continue until the supply of ATP and NADPH was depleted."

How is a plant going to use stored sugars and energy with lights off? It has to have light for a plant to convert energy through Photosynthesis. What i read in a study onetime anyway.

So what this means is during dark your plant makes carbohydrates. This is not an energy free conversion. It then turns those carbs into different energy, H and O and water by using energy. When the process is done and extensive dark periods are introduced the plant keeps on living and burns the rest of it's energy stores.

Back
Top Bottom