Alex's - SCROG - 620 Watt CFL's - Actual Wattage - Super Lemon Haze

True that a light that is 1150 will never get any brighter, but more lights does = higher lumens. I dont believe you can just add all the lumens but more bulbs = brighter = more lumens.
LUMEN - A measurement of light output; relative to human perception
which refers to the amount of light emitted by one candle that falls on one square foot of surface located at a distance of one foot from the candle.
So if it looks brighter to the eye, there is more lumens. I think both KingJohn and I are both right btw. 1=1 may not equal 2, but it does = >1.

Anyway I can't sem to help myself uploading pictures hope use ain't getting bored :)

DAY 4 FLOWERING CYCLE

Today I had my first major trimming as fan leaves were bushing out everywere. I hope to not defole now for at lest a couple weeks.
Numeros leaves I snipt off and any I could just tuck under the screen I tucked

The bigger plant is getting insane by my standards. The potental flower sites are everywere. Sites ud not notice growing natural are all like main tops in scrog its amazing :)

Here's another few piks post trim
IMG01076-20130512-1803.jpg
IMG01073-20130512-1800.jpg
IMG01072-20130512-1800.jpg
IMG01071-20130512-1800.jpg

In a SCROG, do you need to constantly check on the stems to make sure they are not outgrowing the zipties?
Im doing LST and ive found that a few days after initial bend, there is actually more "give" to the plants. Ive also found the twisting of leaves/stems to get to the light is extraordinary. Im fasinated with all the techniques in this forum. My father was recently bragging about all his plants he grew in the '70s and he used the term 'string pots'. I asked him what he meant (being completly nieve obvisouly lol) and he said they would tie plants down to get more tops. Apparently LST has been around awhile. Id love to ty a scrog next time. Do you think it is easy enough for a noob to do?

In a SCROG, do you need to constantly check on the stems to make sure they are not outgrowing the zipties?
Im doing LST and ive found that a few days after initial bend, there is actually more "give" to the plants. Ive also found the twisting of leaves/stems to get to the light is extraordinary. Im fasinated with all the techniques in this forum. My father was recently bragging about all his plants he grew in the '70s and he used the term 'string pots'. I asked him what he meant (being completly nieve obvisouly lol) and he said they would tie plants down to get more tops. Apparently LST has been around awhile. Id love to ty a scrog next time. Do you think it is easy enough for a noob to do?

Hey spimp yea u do have to be carefull of the ties if u over tighten them. If u leave a fir bit of room though ud be ok. Iv had to cut 2 off anf replace more loosely. I think scrog is totaly do able for a complete noob. I have a degree of experiance butin the grand scale of things im a noob myself. I look at scrog as being
Basicly how ur dad described ''string pots '' but u don't need to feck about with string ur screen is ur ready made skellaton to make ur plant follow as u wish it too. A basic scrog like mine is simples :)

I also agree witu I'm completey intreeged by the plants abilty to pull to light from being tid n twisted

Can u tell I'v been smoking again- I go on and on and on. :)

DAY 6 FLOWER CYCLE

so today I decided to to install my second screen which I think looks cool :)
Placed 4'' above the first screen
Here's a couple piks of the progress. Its only 2 days since I stripd my girlys leaves and look at there growth from the above piks after leaf removal to now

IMG01080-20130514-1602.jpg
IMG01082-20130514-1611.jpg

No pistils yet but I'm sure there there not far away

DAY 6 FLOWER CYCLE

so today I decided to to install my second screen which I think looks cool :)
Placed 4'' above the first screen
Here's a couple piks of the progress. Its only 2 days since I stripd my girlys leaves and look at there growth from the above piks after leaf removal to now

IMG01080-20130514-1602.jpg
IMG01082-20130514-1611.jpg

No pistils yet but I'm sure there there not far away

It looks soooo good! Nice defol.. Those tops are going to fill that screen out nicely within the next weeks. I am amazed at the vertical space you save using this method.. You're doing great alex!!!

Double Scrog , NICE
I was planning to try on a plant next grow , but now I am thinking it will be mandatory .
I have done tie down to screen and push under screen , and I will be watchin ya as I am on day 1 of veg.
:peace:

Hey lurch firstly I think ur a great gardner I quietly folowed the latter sections of ur RACK grow and it was a superb read
Waiting for harvest piks I think though :) I'll tag along to ur new grow.
Nice to have u here I got this idea from a journal I found "one man and his bush" it realy shows u the ponential of double scrog

It looks soooo good! Nice defol.. Those tops are going to fill that screen out nicely within the next weeks. I am amazed at the vertical space you save using this method.. You're doing great alex!!!

Hey mate :) thanks for the kind words im doing my best :)
I no wat ya sayin about space so far fro soil to lights it measures 11" that will increase with flower growth but I would say given 2ft of vertical space ya could pull it off. Iv no shortage of space I have over 7ft but this was something I wanted to try

I will be starting mild 1/4 flower nutes in a few days

Looking great Alex! I am very much leaning towards type of grow in the near future. They look healthy and strong.
:popcorn:

Hey spimp thanks :)
They are looking good but there's lots of time for me to fuk it up yet lol
From what iv learned vegging is the easy bit

DAY 8 flower
Alls looking good still but still no pistols. I no its not uncommon for sex to show itself upto about 10 days after flipping 12/12 but from my expiierence its usually about 5-7 days. Theyv had 3 plain water feeds in the last 12 days would you people suggest I start my flowering nuteriants on my next feed this being tomorrow at 1/4-1/2 strengtg

I have had em go 3 weeks without showing sex but 3 weeks is the long end i normally start 1/4 strength nutes on pistil sighting and work up from there till I find what she likes, looking good though man she dont look to need any food yet might use additives like molasses or superthrive lightly but I wouldn't feed yet

Thanks cnd iv never used this molasses but it would seem every one else seems too I'll do some research

Done some reading on that sounds a great product. Problem now is sourcing it. Iv had a flick thru the uk's supermarket websites but itdoesnt seem to be stocked. I guess the hydro store wil probs sell it as its such widely used for this type of use

Back
Top Bottom