Well seems I was totally absent for the final run - although I didn’t miss the harvest, was right in the thick of it actually when dabs had his near midnight panic about where to put all his bud :rofl: Glad it worked. I did say you might be surprised how much you can stuff in to a freezer! :thumb:

Happy to see it out and making you some nice dabs. I’ve never tried dabbing - or anything outside herb or hash (or infused oil). Don’t know anyone who makes it either. It sure looks amazing though - like canna toffee. :yummy:

Thanks for a great journal Dabber! I’m heading back a few tens of pages now, to the light frame build. I’m about to start building mine. All the plans are drawn and only the alu angle left to buy :slide:

Assuming I’ll find your new journal in your sig... I’ll drop over sometime and checkout the seedmaking.

:thanks: :love: :surf:

(just sharing a little bit of love there Urban, not gushing all over the place ;) )

Okay suppose I should do this journal some justice and make a smoke report.....

So Mama G and Babay G were clones from Gloria, my first big scrog plant.

The strain was strawberry kush. And I am honestly devastated I lost this cut. I've grow 2 others from seed and this was the superior plant in every way... but too late to cry. I have 1 remaining seed, and may just grab more at some point...

Ivy, also a strawberry kush (from seed) did okay I want to guess. 8 zips. Shes coming out of the fridge very soon. And I will still review her pheno when the time comes.

But this is the review of the Gloria cuts. I was extra inspired to do this more complete review because it was the first and only time I have grown the exact same plant twice. And I was preparing some of Gloria 1.0 for extraction today and was just amazed at the contrast in quality.

Don't get me.wromg, my first grow was a success on so many levels. The main one being I made harvest even after a lockout, and was able to identify as a rookie grower. But the quality from that harves to this was night and day.

I thought my first batch was dense, but this one grew straight boulders. Now I understand the massive droop.

You cant really crush this cut, even when its extra dried out, which is how I prefer it. It's just too dense and it ruins the smoke. Instead a grinder is a must to get the full flavor profile. Which is sweet and pungent and berry. I just smoked the top of one of the lead colas and DAMN!

It crushes up and you get that skunky berry goodness that sticks to your fingers like honey. Then the smoke is very strong due to the dense nature of the buds, combined with calyce covered in trichomes. After the initial thick smokey woody hit is held the flavors hit your palate like a slap in the face. Woody becomes earthy then pungents skunky and leaves you with a sweet strawberry sandalwood flavor that leaves you licking tour lips and craving more.

It has a 8 of of 10 for the lung expanding effect and the buzz is uplifting and immediate. Surprisingly cheery and motivating initially for an indica dominant strain. Those effects slowly melt into a soothing pain killing sleep inducing trance that is great.

I generally prefer Indica and can smoke it all day long, so the lethargy typically is an evening occurrence for me personally.

Love this strain 9 out of 10.

And the voters agreed.

Thanks for the NOTM support and love. It was this grow that did it!

Well I'm out until the next review shouldn't be long, hoping to run some diamonds with IVY.

Dabs

Thanks guys. The original plan was to make dabs out of the rest of Gloria, and get some gifts in the mail today.... but the wife didnt leave me the card. Seems how I've dried these nugs like 3 times now (expecting to make dabs days ago) and they would make for shit dabs, because of the trich degradation, I may try the MB2...

Just need to be sure I have enough oil. Cause I cant go buy any...

Yeah. Some sleep would make life a tad easier... lol. Was wide awake all night planning a productive day, get to check out and had no monies. Lmao oh well.

So as you all probably remember I froze My harvest.

I did not take weights off mama or baby G(loria)

But I got that extractor extender so I wanted to weigh out 5 ounces so I know if I will need more or less in the future....

I blasted 1.5 ounces of IVY last week

I weighed 5 zips exactly for the impending oil run.

And there was 1.65 ounces remaining

So just over half a pound.

8.15 ounces or about 230.645 grams.

I'm not displeased at all. I don't think I hit the 1 pound mark this try, but shouldn't have been too far off. Doubt I did less than a gram a watt which would be 370ish grams.

Back
Top Bottom