All Organic High Brix

Doc,

another bizare question for you.

Does the higher sugar content from using brix method in the erb get in to the blood system when smoked like normal sugar intake through digestion?

My partners doctor told him his sugar level was 109 which was higher than usual for him.

We have been using molasses the last few grows, and the last one we used molasses and the stumptea etc, so I'm not sure he really consumed a large amount of sugars through smoking if any.

This grow is about the same additives as last but with organics as a base instead of OC+.

He has lost 20 lbs in the last few months so his doctor is alarmed he is losing weight but his sugar is up.

I lost 30 pounds last year and cant seem to gain an ounce, except at harvest time, lol.

may there be some other sort of ingredient used for growing that could cause weight loss? At first I thought it was just me, but now he's losing weight also which sends up a red flag to me.

I never was a big person, slender build weighed 175 2 yrs ago and I'm like skin and bones 145 now.

He was heavy all his life. A few years ago she started walking and lost a lot of weight, which leveled off. Now he loses 20 lbs.

I know I'm grasping at straws looking for answers to why the common weight loss, but weed is the common denominator we both do. Him in excess and me moderately. Unless it is something environmental since we live a block away.

Depending on how much Caco3 you need, could one just add egg shells that have been dried and ground up in a coffee grinder?

Also wanted to add if people are having a hard time finding soft rock phosphate or azomite I found them very affordable from ebay. I know azomite is made here in Utah where I'm from.

Eggshells would be better than nothing, but not as good as limestone. You'd have to use a lot of it!

Thanks for the heads-up about ebay.

Doc,

another bizare question for you.

Does the higher sugar content from using brix method in the erb get in to the blood system when smoked like normal sugar intake through digestion?

My partners doctor told him his sugar level was 109 which was higher than usual for him.

We have been using molasses the last few grows, and the last one we used molasses and the stumptea etc, so I'm not sure he really consumed a large amount of sugars through smoking if any.

This grow is about the same additives as last but with organics as a base instead of OC+.

He has lost 20 lbs in the last few months so his doctor is alarmed he is losing weight but his sugar is up.

I lost 30 pounds last year and cant seem to gain an ounce, except at harvest time, lol.

may there be some other sort of ingredient used for growing that could cause weight loss? At first I thought it was just me, but now he's losing weight also which sends up a red flag to me.

I never was a big person, slender build weighed 175 2 yrs ago and I'm like skin and bones 145 now.

He was heavy all his life. A few years ago she started walking and lost a lot of weight, which leveled off. Now he loses 20 lbs.

I know I'm grasping at straws looking for answers to why the common weight loss, but weed is the common denominator we both do. Him in excess and me moderately. Unless it is something environmental since we live a block away.

PM incoming.

Got my soft rock phosphate and gypsum, still waiting on lava sand and calcium carbonate to arrive :)

My plants are looking amazing so far Doc!! really appreciate the help!

Got my soft rock phosphate and gypsum, still waiting on lava sand and calcium carbonate to arrive :)

My plants are looking amazing so far Doc!! really appreciate the help!

It's my pleasure bro! I'm glad you have the stones to break away from tradition and try something new. I'm sure you'll be rewarded for it.

We'll get a nice test of the hardiness of these plants over the next couple days. One of the ducts on the lights blew off, so I had temps in the mid 90's for part of a night, and the hot air was blowing right on one of the plants. (blue dream not Lemon Paki)

The leaves on all the plants started to curl a little, like they do with stress (some stress is good, this was too much). So, we'll see how high brix plants deal with stress.

Doc sorry if im being a bomb and asking something that's already been answered but if im going the high brix route and i fortified my, soil properly with micros, rock powders, microbes and compost with manure how should i go about the weekly teas without buying a kit bt im most likely going to get the amaze n pgr and the bloomit looks like it may be similar to gravity lol i dont know im medicated. Sorry to ramble on but your help will be highly appreciated. Im have read all your journals n followed the og n this one from the beginning sorry if i didnt feel up to the reread. But oh yeah great job gorgeous ladies

Just get something that allows you to brew an AACT. Bucket, air stone, pump and organic material. Compost and/or worm castings will do. Purpose made teas are better in some cases.

Just feed the tea and an occasional organic fertilizer and you'lll be fine.

Plants got through the heatwave pretty well. I think I mentioned that a cooling duct blew off a reflector the other night. High temps got to 96.5, humidity to 19% for anywhere from 12 or fewer hours. The plants were all twisted up....but seemed to have recovered well.

Note to self: Check clamps periodically to make sure they're all tight.
IMG_25885.JPG

IMG_25895.JPG

IMG_25905.JPG

IMG_25917.JPG

IMG_25928.JPG

IMG_25937.JPG

IMG_25943.JPG

IMG_25954.JPG

IMG_25964.JPG

IMG_25973.JPG

It doesn't look like there's any damage from the heat...I suspect plants grown with high Brix techniques would be better able to deal with any stress you throw at them.

I've been playing around with intentionally stressing chili peppers to increase capsaicinoids for years...but I've never intentionally stressed cannabis...they usually get enough stress without me trying. :)

:Namaste:

It doesn't look like there's any damage from the heat...I suspect plants grown with high Brix techniques would be better able to deal with any stress you throw at them.

I've been playing around with intentionally stressing chili peppers to increase capsaicinoids for years...but I've never intentionally stressed cannabis...they usually get enough stress without me trying. :)

:Namaste:

There's some damage....a bit more ragged on a couple of 'em. The leaves appear to be untwisting, however.

I have 2-3 more weeks! Tomorrow I'll give them another feeding, then I'm going out of town for a week.

I've got a friend who's going to give them a good soaking with straight RO on Wednesday. I may top dress with something....Sucanat perhaps, maybe some DE. I'll decide tomorrow. But tomorrow they're going to get more tea than they've gotten in a while.

Looks like they survived the heatwave... 95 yikes!!! good thing that they have that nice shiny waxy coating on the leaves, probably helped keep them from loosing too much moisture in the heatwave...whew!!! There really looking great Doc!!! Thanks again for all your help in learning this awesome new High Brix method... Ive been using my meter on my produce lately and its nice to know that my local growers ranch/market has some high brix foods :)

Ok so what if i wanted to incorporate oc plus as my fert would i go about the teas the same. Would it be ok if i started with a medium like promix and if so what would u recommend i add to it. Dont mind shilling out a lil coin on powders or meals, ect.and what did u mean by purpose made teas. Sorry to seem like such a newb bt im honestly am to organics and high brix. I cant really think of all i wanted to ask but if you see any useful info that could be added please feel free to do so. I will be so thankful and im sure others could learn from it. Thankz doc, you really are thd bud doc lol.

You can use OC+. You just have to make sure the soil has a high humus content and that you use a microbial tea weekly.

I suppose you could start with Pro-mix, but I don't know off the top of my head how to amend it for High Brix, because it's a soiless mix and you'd have to add organics.

I'm toying with doing an OC+ control on the next round:

Vermisoil+Humus+minerals. OC+ in one or two pots, organic ferts in the others, living tea for all.

It will be interesting, for sure.

Here's the progression, as I see it, up the "quality" ladder.

1.)OC+ soil......gives consistent high grade product.
2.)Soil plus organic amendments (super soil) Better than "1"
3.)Organic soil plus microbial tea. This is where I was till recently....superb products
4.)High Brix

High Brix is organic, but with this method we're really focusing on the soil, not on the plants. We're not looking at NPK....we're looking at making happy soil, with all kinds of minerals, especially calcium. We're also using purpose designed foliar sprays......everything designed to feed microbes.

Tonight I'm going to vape some lower buds from the Lemon Paki, just to check on 'em.

I'll be gone from Sunday to Sunday, so if you don't see any posts or PM's returned it's because I'm away for a week! (much needed)

Wow i guess if you going to do the high brix might as well do it right so im jus going to get the whole kit tea kit as well as the amaze n pgr and which would be better the biominerals or bio forte if im saying any of this right. I may get the bloomit too but i should be good for high brix with promix if the kit has everything ferts and all. But im going to try a few oc to see the differences. Thankz doc you are always of much help

I don't know if this is true....but i suspect it is.

I think the "kit" is probably the easiest option for container gardens in decent potting soil. It's easy to use and it delivers the goods.

However, I'm observing that the plants in pre-mineralized soil got the High Brix look faster than those in unamended potting soil.....

So, I'll get some potting soil tested, get recommendations on the amendments needed and move forward from there.

It could be that the "kit" becomes the OC+ of High Brix gardening. It delivers the goods, is cost effective and easy to use......but probably with a great deal of effort, better results could be achieved with a custom approach.

How much better? How much effort? I dunno.....and it may not even be worth it!

I gave them a good, deep, root-soaking feeding today.

I mixed up 28 gallons of tea/minerals and fed 10 plants with that, after giving each one a gallon of RO plus Maxicrop. I did this by hand, instead of with pump and wand, because when I water by hand I tend to see things and notice things.

I noticed that indeed, there are a few spider mites on a couple of lower leaves on at least one plant. The leaves with the mites show no damage at all, with very few eggs and about 2 dead mites for every live one. I haven't sprayed a damn thing. High Brix chokes the borg. Gotta love it!

I watered the other tray as well, and was relieved to see that pistils are forming at a nice rate now....finally!

This may be the last post on this journal for about a week, as I'll be out of town. I may try to check in if convenient.

I'm going to vape a lower, premature nug of the Lemon Paki tonite, so I might get a "vape report." The smell is stronger than OG smell. I can't wait to do a crop of OG with High Brix methods all the way through.

This little bud was the lowermost one on a Lemon Paki. It pretty much lived in the shade, so I trimmed it off to vape.

It was in a sealed baggie in the closet when my wife walked in the room; "Smells like pot in here...." Yep. The smell was leaking out of the bag that was in the closet.

High Brix weed is incredibly aromatic, much so than I've grown before.

The flavor on the vape is really nice, and I can see why it gets the "Lemon" in its name. It also has a pretty strong fuel/resin scent, that is a bit more floral than chemical. It's delicious!

Being harvested this early, the effect isn't representative of what the finished product will be.....but this is very strong weed. There wasn't much of a body stone----triches were almost all clear---but it had a very relaxing cerebral buzz, very warm and relaxed. The real power will come in a few weeks, but I'd say that even as is, it's stronger than a lot of what's out there.

This is going to turn out really, really well, provided they make it through this week!
IMG_25986.JPG

IMG_25995.JPG

Hey dcloud, get the organic garden kit, it has biominerals (which contains the biosol forte ferts), the tea supplies, a sprayer, a tea maker, and mycos....everything you need in one box. I got the "garden add on kit" which is all the biomineral components, unmixed and not powdered. I precharged my soil with that before I started at about 1/3 strength (covered 3 large raised beds).

Thanks for that info. Thats some of what i wanted to know but didnt know how to ask. I want to premineralize the mix and add whats needed to a simple mix bought at my local home depot or lowes. Im willing to order everything online except soil. So would someone say toward the way im trying to go. I need a pretty easy mix that will work with the high brix kit i jus want to do the weekly teas and having a kit that pretty much has everything in the right ratios will help. Let me jus say im Medicated. I want to have a good base to add the biosol forte and minerals ect to the microbe teas. Is any of this making since or am i not understanding the concept. I can almost get ahold to any ingredients caz i will order online except soil.

Sounds like your headed in the right direction, however I wouldn't use soils from home depot or lowes. They are very low quality and are many times already infested with pests like fungas gnats. If your going to purchase all these needed organic items to grow High Brix I wouldn't skimp out on quality potting soil.

you can look at the local farm supply places for a quality base soil. Just inspect the soil beforehand, maybe even get a smaller sample and run a plant in there to see how they react.. I have never amended a new soil fresh out of the bag, I ran fox farms happy frog and then roots organic 707 soil with organic teas, and then after harvest, I amended with a mineral blend, and some EWC/compost for microbe food, and a touch of blood/bone/phos guano for added food and nutrients. This sat in a trash can for a month and now I'm growing plants in it again, so far I've never had plants grow like this and be this stinky in veg.

Doc, nice call on the mites.. I have no doubt it's all the minerals making the cell walls really strong on the plant. I have a SLH which tends to attract the mites first before all other strains I have, but this most recent plant I have is completely untreated for any sort of bug, in 100% amended soil, and I'm seeing absolutely no bug pressure. Healthiest, largest leaves I've seen on any plant I've grown. Really excited to flower this girl out.

Best form of bug defense is to beef up your soldiers, aka the plants.

Hey Doc!! Wanted to thank you again for all the help with developing an understanding of the High Brix method, my plants are looking amazing. Just wanted to stop in and say I appreciate all the help!!! :thumb:

Hey Doc!! Wanted to thank you again for all the help with developing an understanding of the High Brix method, my plants are looking amazing. Just wanted to stop in and say I appreciate all the help!!! :thumb:

A completely agree Ice! and a super nice job you are doing as well!
Doc I also want to thank you. I have not posted on your journal in quite some time, but I have read every post. I have also changed over to a high brix method as well. I have mostly asked Vape for answers to questions I have regarding this, but just really wanted to say :thanks:

I hope you are enjoying what I am sure of is a much needed vaca!

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom