AllSmiles Gone Organic with Holy Grail Kush - Motavation - Dark Star - CBD Kush - LBH

Re: AllSmiles Gone Organic with Holy Grail Kush - Motavation - Dark Star - CBD Kush -

Thanks CC.

Woke up and fed all the girls except HGK another round of 1/4 strength GO and noticed preflowers on all except SJ. Of course SJ is the only one I'm concerned about as it is a regular seed.:icon_roll

Whipped out my camera and took a few macros.

IMG_55453.JPG
IMG_55483.JPG
IMG_55494.JPG
IMG_55593.JPG

No pistils here. Just thought it was worthy of a post.
IMG_55765.JPG

Not sure why I still get excited about preflowers but I do. :peace::)

Re: AllSmiles Gone Organic with Holy Grail Kush - Motavation - Dark Star - CBD Kush -

It's a Canon DSLR with a Canon 100mm 2.8L Macro lens. The lens is pretty kick ass. I got it used for half the price. I use to be really into photography like 10 years ago. Besides taking it out on vacation for family photos these days its just been tucked away in the closet. Since I started growing just over a year ago I've found another use for it :) I never edit any of my images besides putting text to help follow the journal. I just play around with the aperture and shutter speeds and the lens does all the work.

I can't use my dslr (I shoot nikon) for that purpose really because I don't have a macro lens. Have considered getting a cheap adapter since I don't really shoot macro so having a full on lens isn't really necessary. I'm thinking about jumping to Canon because I don't really have much invested in my Nikon gear. I'm a photographer on the side making a little money here and there FYI.

I can't use my dslr (I shoot nikon) for that purpose really because I don't have a macro lens. Have considered getting a cheap adapter since I don't really shoot macro so having a full on lens isn't really necessary. I'm thinking about jumping to Canon because I don't really have much invested in my Nikon gear. I'm a photographer on the side making a little money here and there FYI.

I did the same thing. Used Nikon F1's for years when I was also using it to generate income. Sold off almost all of my old film gear and got a Canon EOS Rebel XTi and a few lenses. I haven't rounded out any of it yet with a shoe-mount flash...or a proper macro lens. My cell phone has a macro setting and even though it's just a GS III, it takes really good standard shots.

:peace:

Sweet Update Brotha Smiley :thumb:
and I do see pistils in the first couple of pics :high-five:
Happy Skunkday :Namaste:

I bet you could take some pretty good close up shots with your existing gear. Try getting as close to the plant as possible to where you are still able to focus manually to the spot your trying to capture with your current glass. Crop the piece you were trying to capture and it should blow it up some.

It doesn't crop that well...its a d7000. Just not enough detail so that there's no color fringing and noise when blown up. My phone is 41mpx so I can crop an get descent detail if the lighting is right. Other than that its a poor replacement for a dslr.

The d7000 is more than strong enough to get a good pseudo macro photo with cropping even on a jpeg setting. Cheapest best macro is the tokina 105mm 2.8 1:1 500usd or the 60mm 1.8 1:1 Nikkor

The d7000 is more than strong enough to get a good pseudo macro photo with cropping even on a jpeg setting. Cheapest best macro is the tokina 105mm 2.8 1:1 500usd or the 60mm 1.8 1:1 Nikkor

As far as showing fine detail like trichomes I tend to get alot of noise when I blow it up even in RAW. None of my lenses really focus that well within 10" and none are tremendously sharp...its not worth it for me to go through the process of cropping and noise reduction just for an update. I don't shoot macro professionally so it just...eh.

If your getting noise might want to check the ISO setting. The 7000 is sharp up to H2 or about 3200, well usually anyways. If you find that you are having weird noise issues might want to check your settings through the menu make sure your not using too many hard in camera adjustments. Adding lots of extra light also helps.

If your getting noise might want to check the ISO setting. The 7000 is sharp up to H2 or about 3200, well usually anyways. If you find that you are having weird noise issues might want to check your settings through the menu make sure your not using too many hard in camera adjustments. Adding lots of extra light also helps.

I don't remember what ISO I was shooting at last time I tried with my bud but it was probably 400-800. I may try again just for the hell of it.

I was up before lights came on and snapped some shots. I have a lot going on today so I didn't get them out to proper lighting. Just used the flash as it's pretty dark in the basement. My flower times are days in flower cycle. Everyone is happy and healthy and no issues with 1/4 strength GO schedule. Going to up to 1/2 next time. This feeding they will get another dose of compost tea.

Here is tent 1 with Mars 700.
IMG_56316.JPG
IMG_56295.JPG
IMG_56324.JPG
IMG_56255.JPG
IMG_56275.jpg

And tent 2 with 2 x G8LED 240. SJ still not showing sex. :reading420magazine:
IMG_56527.JPG
IMG_56493.JPG
IMG_56377.JPG
IMG_56605.JPG
IMG_56591.JPG
IMG_56363.JPG
IMG_56422.JPG
IMG_56554.JPG
IMG_56443.JPG

Everything is going pretty smooth right now.:wood:

Well, now I'm going to test out my new Magical Butter machine I received for Nug of the Month:)
Going to make a tincture with Everclear of NL5H from my last grow. I'm going to seal them up and decarb them in the oven at 250 degrees for 30 minutes. Then toss them in machine at their recommended setting of 130 degrees (for high altitude) for 4 hours. I may do another tincture without decarbing first and compare. I'll see how this turns out first. Going to use an ounce of NL5h to 2 1/4 cups of Everclear. I'll take some pics of the process. Oven just beeped so its ready to bake herb. I'm not grinding the herb.

:peace::)

Dude, you're killin' it. Every single one of them is perfect. DS is so sharp. Color on HGK is glorious. LBH is looking like a beast. SJ looks fem as she's not stretchy :cheer:

Life is better with a magic butter machine, good to see you in the kitchen :)

Enjoy the butter machine man. Plants are looking great, you make all the canopies look nice and level

Tincture is running in butter machine. Three more hours :) I'm pretty happy with the plants on this grow. Think I've settled in to a method that suits me. Hope flowering goes just as well.

Dude, you're killin' it. Every single one of them is perfect. DS is so sharp. Color on HGK is glorious. LBH is looking like a beast. SJ looks fem as she's not stretchy :cheer:

Life is better with a magic butter machine, good to see you in the kitchen :)
Thanks my man. LBH is a beast for sure. She could easily fill up that 2x3 tent if I spread her out. I'm going to have to take advantage of vertical space and the penetration of LEDs on this grow. I rearranged both tents before this grow started to have the inline fans on the outside of the tents. This gave me a good 12" of extra vertical space in both tents. Last grow NL5H was a 1/2 inch from touching lights. So I should have plenty of space. Oh, and I probably gained another good 8" going from waterfarms to soil pots.

Kind of nerve wracking using an ounce of bud to make tincture for the first time. I hope it turns out good or I've wasted some good weed.

Back
Top Bottom