AllSmiles Gone Organic with Holy Grail Kush - Motavation - Dark Star - CBD Kush - LBH

Re: AllSmiles Gone Organic with Holy Grail Kush - Motavation - Dark Star - CBD Kush -

Do your plants sleep at night? So I purposely set my lights to go on at 5am in the morning on this grow. This is because I'm an early bird and am always up at this time. I like to tend to my plants in the morning before heading off to work and just relax once I get off. It's been working out great. So back to my question. Since lights go off at 11 now I've been noticing that starting around 9pm my plants leaves start to droop. Right before lights out they will just lay on the smaller growth. This had me worried for awhile but they always seemed fine in the morning. I never noticed this before cause I never stayed up late enough to notice when I use to start lights at 8am. Here's some pics from last night.

IMG_267812.jpg
IMG_267618.jpg
IMG_267712.jpg

I know it's not from over/under watering as they look happy in the mornings and are nice and healthy. I see this with my outdoor vegetable garden but really only when it's hot outside and in the mornings when its cool they are nice and perky. I've read different opinions on this and just wondering if your plants do the same thing. I'm not going to change anything cause they are thriving at this point.

Re: AllSmiles Gone Organic with Holy Grail Kush - Motavation - Dark Star - CBD Kush -

It's normal, and more prevalent in some plants/strains more so than others. In my current grow, for instance, the Blue Dream does it much more dramatically than the 8-ball kush.

:cool:

That is completely normal. Circadian Rhythm is the cause. To observe a high degree of it, you may also need a healthy Krebs Cycle, but that is just conjecture on my part. Ironic, as I left my timer on the "always on" position last night, just a few days into 12/12 - and so I threw off their rhythm (and their florigen levels). They were mostly in sleep mode with the light on. I'm going to try to not do that again :)

I have a lamp on my desk in my grow room and have left it on before. I try not to do that anymore either.

I've heard of it happening before, don't know why though

It's not your watering, I've seen plants in dwc do it. You'll also notice they perk up an hour before lights on. They're amazing plants

It's normal, and more prevalent in some plants/strains more so than others. In my current grow, for instance, the Blue Dream does it much more dramatically than the 8-ball kush.

My blue diesel does same thing at times

That is completely normal. Circadian Rhythm is the cause. To observe a high degree of it, you may also need a healthy Krebs Cycle, but that is just conjecture on my part. Ironic, as I left my timer on the "always on" position last night, just a few days into 12/12 - and so I threw off their rhythm (and their florigen levels). They were mostly in sleep mode with the light on. I'm going to try to not do that again :)

Thanks for the responses everyone. I feel a lot better now and at ease knowing this. I really didn't see much posted on this topic so its great to hear.

Hey CS. I just pulled up Circadian Rythm and Krebs Cycle on wikipedia. Very interesting information. I'll have to finish reading up on it tomorrow as I've just dabbled into my ak chunk jar. :volcano-smiley: I can't stay focused long enough to read it. :laughtwo: I seriously appreciate the topics though. I love learning new things. As for leaving your timer on I did the exact same thing as you once on my timer except this was the timer for my little ceramic heater I have in the grow room. I walked in and it was low 80's in the room. :laughtwo: Not sure how that happened. :tokin:

I have a lamp on my desk in my grow room and have left it on before. I try not to do that anymore either.

:laughtwo:

ihave noticed it on a lot of plants usually the ones in veg the leaves tend to sag before lights out
then when the lights go back on they are back up shouldn't be an issue

I was just going to say Chronic that I never noticed drooping during flower when the light period is shorter. In veg the leaves don't seem to reach for the sky like they do during flower. Maybe the smaller leaves but the big leaves in my experience during veg are level or slightly reaching up.

All plants are in their final pots:slide: Fired up the Mars2 700 LED in the 2'x3' tent. It's all systems go. Probably going to veg for 3 more weeks minimum to allow for the roots to fill up. Thinking of flipping on March 1st. All plants have to be done by June 7th and cured for at least a week. Looks like my toppings on 3 of the plants were actually FIMs. Good thing I'm not a Dr. It also looks like you don't know what you'll get with FIM except that all side branching bursts out just like topping:)

Final shot of all girls (you hear me SJ) in one tent.
IMG_55166.JPG

Motavation got 5 branches from the FIM. The 2 side brances and 3 new growths.
IMG_55283.JPG
IMG_268713.jpg

LBH and DS still loving life.
IMG_55277.JPG

IMG_55263.JPG

CBD Kush is another FIM. She got 3 branches from it.
IMG_55254.JPG
IMG_268412.jpg

SJ is finally starting to take off. Big difference from last week. She got put in a 3 gallon final pot. I'm thinking she is a she as she is so stout :laughtwo:
IMG_55135.JPG
IMG_269411.jpg

HGK has really taken off too. Another big difference from last week. Even though she is small her root system is just the same as others. She probably could have been transplated at the same time as the others also as she is more root bound then them. She was also a FIM and got 4 branches :) Very happy with her progession as I've read nothing but good things about this strain. I put her in a 5 gallon.
IMG_55092.JPG
IMG_55114.JPG
IMG_26908.jpg

Here are the girls in their new homes. SJ and HGK got a drench with Compost Tea Brew. Hopefully that helps with the transplant stress. All of them got foliar sprayed with the same brew.
IMG_26889.jpg
IMG_269810.jpg
IMG_55368.jpg

Until next week. :peace: :)

Pretty Update you must be ALL Smiling :thumb:

Well crap. Since I fired up my 2nd tent yesterday I forgot to set the dark cycle so the lights were on 24 hours.:thedoubletake: Well, at least I didn't have the timer on a flowering cycle. Motavation is a little droopy right now. LBH handled the 24 hours a lot better. Hopefully they'll be back to normal tomorrow after some sleep tonight.

Those roots look great! I'm afraid to see the roots in my 1L pots after all this hahaha. This round makes me wanna get bigger pots! Everything is looking great still/again! Do you keep the light in the tent that high all the time? Id think you should be able to get it to at least the 1 foot mark.

Those roots look great! I'm afraid to see the roots in my 1L pots after all this hahaha. This round makes me wanna get bigger pots! Everything is looking great still/again! Do you keep the light in the tent that high all the time? Id think you should be able to get it to at least the 1 foot mark.
What's up J. The bigger pots are testing my patience right now. The girls are so healthy and thriving that I just want to start flowering. But i'm going to restrain and let them roots fill up. I may have to do another round of toppings on LBH to keep her under control.

I like to keep my lights at least 24" from the plants during veg. It gives me a bigger foot print and I don't think vegging plants quite need that intense of lights. I've noticed that the leaf edges will curl up when the lights are too close. During flower I don't mind the tops being 12" to the light.

Also am I like the only one who doesn't wear gloves at all times?

Ha ha. No man, you're not. I use to not where gloves at all. Guess I'm just lazy nowadays as it saves me time scrubbing my hands and cleaning underneath my nails. I normally only where them when I'm harvesting or mixing up soil since I just dump soil, perlite, azomite, and dolomite lime in a bucket and mix it by hand.

Back
Top Bottom