Auto Grow

Well postman pat has been and also the arrival of my auto beans.i only payed for these yesterday morning and its half 12 here today in uk dinner time .thats some fast shipping full steam ahead ha ha.
DSC_13582.JPG

These are 2 Tyrone specials..... they average about 24 inches tall and avg yield of 135g..... I know a few more folks but these were grown by proven growers not folks just getting started
4ZsjGats.jpg
3R1VLg.jpg

Thanks atrain il be aiming for bigger buds and and a heavy yield off the tyrone special i grow.;)

Am thinking if i grow next year that i will be doing autos. Photo's are difficult to finish on time here in glasgow as that is the case with my current grow. If i could force flowering then i would but getting out every 12 hours to cover and uncover for 3 days in a row is nigh on impossible (family life and f/t job) so have to let nature take its course. Even the early finishing strains still dont flower early enough to finish on time. If i do autos they will be thc bomb. Is it worth topping these autos and if so will the yield increase? Also have never topped before so will need help along the way. I hear what has been said so topping at the 3rd node is where it should be done and is that after the first set of leaves? Also do you wait until a 4th node has appeard then top down to the 3rd node?

Id say find an auto that can handle outdoor conditions.mold resistant etc.pick a seed as spart said there is lots of 60 day autos about maybe that would suit u best.and topping yes mate anywere after the 3rd node or u can cut off the 3rd node leaving bottom to sets of leafs on plant;) but i dont know about topping outdoors if u dont get great weather they may be stunted.all down to the growing conditions how fast ur plant will recover;)

Being mould resistant is really only applicable to wet countries, although if you do have a wet summer then a mould resistant plant would be beneficial. Thc bomb auto have had good reviews and is a mould resistant plant so will do well over here. My only option is to guerilla grow so would start off indoors, harden them off on the balcony and transfer to final growing place. I intend (if i do it) to top before they go outside to their final resting place. The only problem i may have is i am looking to grow around 10 of these plants so cant plant them into 7" containers (approx 1 gallon in size) so am having to put them into 3" containers which are very small. The reason for the small containers is to make them easier to transport to my site. Carrying 10 x 7" pots would be far too difficult whereas i could probably fit 10 x 3" pots into either 1 or 2 hard bottomed bags and easily transport them. The other problem with small pots is the plants becoming rootbound. Would be growing indoors for around a month including 2 weeks to harden off.

With putting autos outdoors it's better to get them use to it as soon as the seed cracks and leaving them under a small cfl for a few hours a night that way they are pre adjusted to the sun, even some window love for a half a day. I normally leave them under a cfl til about 10 o'clock at night first few weeks is under a 6700k because there in "veg" or are maturing after about two or three weeks get yourself a wider spectrum of light 2 or 3 cfls with a mix both 6700k & 2700k. My little blackberry is still getting the same treatment I figure it's like the plant is getting less lumen so it kinda thinks it's in the shade. She goes under the cfl at night and during cloudy days.

I've just been lurking and watching myself.... both atrain and beast plants are very very impressive. I wonder wich one will yield the most?? Only time will tell..... I know ide be happy with half of either of them

Welcome to :420: new grower

Best of luck in your first grow

:Namaste:

So nice to see so many new members coming on board... Youve chosen well.. This is by far, the friendlist weed forum on the planet.... All the " keyboard ninjas" are ranting on other sites... And that suits me just fine...

:circle-of-love:

Budworshipper u have an eagle eye;) spotting the new growers. A pat on the back for u mate;). ghostface and charliebrown great for u both to stop by my grow respect.hope u learn something:) and budworshipper is bang on.u picked the right site to be on .;) full of fellow green growers all eager to help share and learn and share.420 mag is awsome.happy growing every1;)

I really don't think we're that far off on topping autos.... you can top autos and increase yield I agree...... but not all auto strains take it well due to weaker genetics.... if you top DP or mephisto or some of the other lines that are bred out yes it will increase but I do know for a fact from in person test SOME f1 autos or weaker strains can be stunted.... but I believe your next run with topped autos will be bad ass..... they are all nice strains

Hi Atrain.... I agree with the ability of autos to take a bit of training, never topped one personally tho... Kinda think that as the strains have developed over time, the " auto" is more of a unstoppable time line with the added bonus of a Femseeds genetic strength... Tolerance to training for example... Before starting my first auto grow, i read some horror stories of stressed out autos going to the compost heap in the sky.... Sure we all have, but this seems to be less of a problem... I had to use LST in my 2nd grow... It was neccessity, went away for a weekend, opened grow space and was like " ok, which smart arse swopped plant on me. :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::rofl::rofl:

I took my advice from the journals of the good people of this forum... With a lot of encouragement i took the plunge..... I had too... I did notice a bit of a ( stroppy stall)... But after a few days, she was off like a rocket....

Its was autoseeds #1 if i remember rightly...

She would have been in trouble in that space if i didnt do it, so was worth the risk....

After awhile, it was clear she was building more budsites in the open areas, new branches shooting up etc.... I was glad i done it, against conventions that i had worried about before i did it...

It can be done, as the genetics grow ever stronger... The harvests are bigger...... And if you get it spot on, you will be a very happy grower...

I learned so much in that grow.... I agree an experiment is so worth it, if you have the space and money.... It may just surprise you, it might fail.... But its better to try and fail, than fail to try at all... The knowledge gained, will see you in good stead for all future grows, worth more than a bean, i feel...

And to finish up.... A train, that plant for POTM, was a real stunner.... I could only say " wow", when i saw her.... Most deserved win

Budworshiper..... the potm of the past are nothing compared to the autos I'm finishing up now...... take a look in my journal it's the top "current link" I can't enter til December see ya then..... and only time will tell ..... I only used LST on the ultimate..... I can only sit and watch beast grow his next one and top it then see the end results.... but I really think everyone is mixed up on my view.... when he tops the ultimate it is going to be a beast.... in the right hands these plants go 95 days and can yield 550g plus dried....

Budworshiper..... the potm of the past are nothing compared to the autos I'm finishing up now...... take a look in my journal it's the top "current link" I can't enter til December see ya then..... and only time will tell ..... I only used LST on the ultimate..... I can only sit and watch beast grow his next one and top it then see the end results.... but I really think everyone is mixed up on my view.... when he tops the ultimate it is going to be a beast.... in the right hands these plants go 95 days and can yield 550g plus dried....

:jawdropper::drool::drool: holy crap, thats a serious weight dry....

Gonna pop on over to your journal real soon...

:high-five:

Hi Beast , just needed to say your auto's look great , those buds on the Ultimate look mad , shame it had a hair cut early in its life those buds would of been massive .
Just started my first , 3 weeks ago , Cream of the crop , Crop Circle auto.
started in coco but after reading this thread Iv'e just ordered sum Biobizz , sounds great .
I must say Iv'e learnt so much reading the info on this site , great site , and everyone just seems to want to help .
Iv'e read yours , Atrain's , dutty panty , light addict and subbed to many more .
Read the thread on bud washing , gees long thread , i'm game .
Anyway , don't mean to harp on , can't wait to see ya auto weight's .
Be safe ..

I cant wait to see the results of Beasts grow too... The last one was awesome....

Im torn which way to go now.... We shall see... Only got a 200w cfl at the mo.... But i will be adding LED to the party, in time..

Sonic i know i was gutted when she was attacked im missing half the plant:(!but its cool.i have another ultimate for my next grow.;) fairplay for taggin along and popping in respect.and love to see ppl learning and trying new teqniques .making full use of 420 mag this is good;) best of luck withbur grow mate and a good choice of feed .i havnt used it yet but will be switchin to biobizz when i run dry of feed i have. harvest is soon 9 days tobe exact. Will be chopped at day 91 of life.and what a joy they have all been to grow.did snap some buds shots of the autos this evening for u fine gardners.here is auto acid;)
DSC_13621.JPG
IMG_20151015_210428.JPG
[img
DSC_13594.JPG

Back
Top Bottom