Be Irie.. BG,WR, and mystery 1st grow

Thanks Berry it helped.... I have them in 3 gal pots (will go at least 5 gal next grow). I give them a half gallon each every watering and I have run off, I will just water them when they ask... I think I will start the flowering this weekend..:grinjoint:

A professor at my university did an experiment to determine exactly when you should water a plant. It probably differs by plant, but he came up with some very interesting results. A good soil is comprised of about 25% water. What he did was test the rate of photosynthesis as the percentage of water in the soil declined. He did this by having each plant in a completely sealed environment and measured how quickly CO2 was changed into O2.

He found that the rate of photosynthesis was relatively steady as the percentage of water fell from 25% to ~14%. Once it hit 12.5%, photosynthesis fell dramatically, to practically nothing. What is most important, however, is that once it reaches that point, the plant can never rebound back to its maximum level of photosynthesis. It can recover and still be a healthy plant, but it will never achieve what it could have if the soil didn't reach that stage of dryness.

I don't know exactly how his results would apply to cannabis, but I thought I would share that little gem of information. You can buy probes that measure the moisture content of soil, so if you had the know-how you could set up an automatic watering system that watered when the moisture content was around 14% and stopped at 25%. It would take the guesswork out watering, which I guess would be more beneficial to new growers. Master growers obviously wouldn't need such a system, but maybe one could try it out and see how the crop compares to his normally-grown crop.

He was a guest speaker in my horticulture class semester, so I'm not exactly sure. I emailed my professor from last semester to try to get some more info about the guy and his research. I'll let you guys know if I learn anything more.

If your soil is correct density a wet dry water always maintains 25% moisture.

Can you explain this? I have read on here that weed likes a wet-dry cycle, and I trust you guys when you say it. I'm just wondering how dry should it get before you water? Would a plant ultimately yield more or be more potent if you didn't wait for the bottom set of leaves to droop before watering? I honestly don't know, I just wanted to share that study with you guys to see what you think.

If the soil is correct, all you are doing is getting the soil damp. You wait for some runoff and the plant is watered. I don't know the moisture content at this point, but with heat and humidity in the room, the soil goes just damp soon after watering and stays moist 2-4 days.

Of course you could use meters on an auto drip timer and keep it perfect I guess :)

Thanks for the kind words.... No:adore:w lets all pray for ladies!!!!!:adore::cheesygrinsmiley: Last night was their first full night of darkness.. I have two 400 HPS going on them and the hurricane of fans is set back up:rofl:) Sounds like I have a jet locked in the closet!!!

Their heights as of start of flowering BG-1=14" BG-2=20.5", MB-1=17.5" & MB-2=20" The white rhinos are almost 6 " now and are staying in veg for a few more weeks.. OFF we go into phase two... Let them be ladies...:smokin:

Should I flush them on their next watering.. I have been using Big bloom (organic) and a little bit of grow big as needed( never full strength)?

My fingers are crossed for you Be IRIE. :Rasta:

Yes, flush the veg. nutes out and get ready for flowering ferts.

Thanks Roo..... I think one has showed HER sex, going to wait a day or so (make sure no hairy balls appear) to confirm it... SO keep those fingers crossed :cheesygrinsmiley: I will flush tomorrow then start the flowering ferts....It is MB-2 that showed..

OK, time for a quick update... It looks like 3 of the 4 are females..Hopefully there will be no suprises here in the coming weeks..

MB-1 female- her name will be Wendy- Good job Roo you picked her right!!!!:cheesygrinsmiley:

MB-2- Female - The girlfriend gets to name her..

BG-1- Male- he dies when I am 100% positive it is a he.

BG-2-female- Not named yet

I will get up some pics when they start to develop... Any tips or tricks or advice on the flowering stage would be much apprecaited...:grinjoint:

The 2 WR's are doing good- they are under four CFL's.. Not growing nearly as good as with the MH, but they are still looking beautiful and healthy.

...MB-1 female- her name will be Wendy- Good job Roo you picked her right!!!!...

Needless to say brother. :grinjoint:

Take care of "Wendy" and all the other girls. :peace:

(I posted this exact message about 2-3 days ago and I guess it got deleted for some unknown reason because I don't see it and have no record of it. :hmmmm: As such, I am reposting it.)

You can remember what you posted yesterday.. man, you are better than me :) LOL

Long term memory, intact. It's the short term that doesn't function as well.:grinjoint:

Something seemed to swallow one of my posts too.... Thanks guys, the ladies are doing well, they are reaching for the sun.. All three are around 25-26 inches tall, little buds starting to form all over the place specially on the two with the LST. MB-1 is slowing down a bit and looks like she wants to start concentraiting on her litlle buds.. I am not sure that she will get much taller hopefully just really fat..:cheesygrinsmiley: The camera wont be home until next week so I have to hold off on pics until then.

Question.. I am thinking about sexing my WR's and then returning them to veg.. Will this hurt them or just slow them down a bit??

#2- with the OJ.. When is a good time to start adding that? How often should it be added?

Thanks guys...You guys ROCK..

Thanks Boss, I will do it on the fourth week.. By the way, just got to say that I am amazed at what you accomplished with that army of CFL's.. That was one hell of a job you did there..:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom