Beateo's Winter 2015 Multi-Strain Indoor CFL Grow in Soil

Today is a month since I put my girls in their containers. I've been busy with designing, building, painting, and family stuff so this may not be my most detailed update. :(
I hung a second keyed entry door between my grow room and the rest of the world.... I was too cheap to buy pre-hung so I had to do all the chiseling, drilling. and painting for the hinges and lockset.... but got it done. I made a moving shelf in a grow room closet for my future mothers that can be adjusted in 1" increments... I had to drill 140 holes for the adjustment dowels.... that's a buncha holes. :)
Here's a picture of it:
DSCN22027.JPG

A few random pics of my girls!
DSCN21993.JPG

DSCN22035.JPG

DSCN22045.JPG

DSCN22056.JPG

DSCN22066.JPG

Some of my equipment:
DSCN22076.JPG

Has anyone ever used this or know anything about it??
DSCN22095.JPG

My all time favorite very bestest website in the world! :)

DSCN22084.JPG

Thanks for looking!
:Namaste:

Looking fantastic Brother Beateo:).....i like the adjustable cabinet...damn...that is a lot of holes:)lol.......the girls are looking beautiful and those slight burns shouldnt hurt anything.....i have definately had some look worse than that:)lol......i noticed your fan hanging on the cieling.....you do have one that blows directly on the girls right?:).....i cant seem to remember seeing one:)

Thank you gentlemen! I think those burns are from them growing into the CFL's three times in one day. :)
I just moved that fan to where it is because of the heat from the new light... I know it doesn't look like it in the picture but the girls are swayin' in the breeze. :)
No one commented on the rooting powder? Anyway, I used it on 4 Haze clippings and 2 Amnesia clippings and I'm going to try to clone in that closet using 2 CFLs. Here's how I am having a go at clones.... I trimmed from near the bottom. This time I cut about 1/3 of each leaf off. Then I took a razor blade and very gently scraped the first 1/4" and carefully split the stem, also for 1/4". Dipped it in the rooting powder per the label, put it in the pencil hole I made in the pre-moistened soil in the peat pot, squeezed all the soil to the stem, took a spray bottle of ph adjusted H2O and sprayed it down again. Then I put them in the closet about 2 inches from 2 200W CFLs.
Does it sound like this might work or did I miss something or do something wrong?

Sounds good to me Beateo. Only ting with rooting powder/gel - don't dip the stem into the full bottle/container. Always make sure you get out what you're going to use otherwise bacteria can end up in the gel/powder (and I think I read somewhere about it activating too). And then just like seeds, don't over water.

Love the light too!

Thank you gentlemen! I think those burns are from them growing into the CFL's three times in one day. :)
I just moved that fan to where it is because of the heat from the new light... I know it doesn't look like it in the picture but the girls are swayin' in the breeze. :)
No one commented on the rooting powder? Anyway, I used it on 4 Haze clippings and 2 Amnesia clippings and I'm going to try to clone in that closet using 2 CFLs. Here's how I am having a go at clones.... I trimmed from near the bottom. This time I cut about 1/3 of each leaf off. Then I took a razor blade and very gently scraped the first 1/4" and carefully split the stem, also for 1/4". Dipped it in the rooting powder per the label, put it in the pencil hole I made in the pre-moistened soil in the peat pot, squeezed all the soil to the stem, took a spray bottle of ph adjusted H2O and sprayed it down again. Then I put them in the closet about 2 inches from 2 200W CFLs.
Does it sound like this might work or did I miss something or do something wrong?

I would not place a Compact Florescent Light bulb closer than 5"-6" from the plant.

Rooting powder, sterilising, splitting stems, scraping .. it's all overrated IMHO. I just take a cutting with at least 3 nodes, and a stem width of at least 2mm, either stomp it in the ground (drive the hole with the stem that is), water, and be done with it. Do not over-water or the stems WILL rot. I have an experiment going with them hanging in oxygenated water, seems to become a 100% success rate .. vs straight to soil @ around 75%

I'm sure it will give a better percentage .. but

PlanetJ,
Thanks...Sounds interesting.... "better percentage .. but".... but I don't have oxygenated water. LOL
I started 6 clippings.... if I get 33% success, I'm golden.... I only have room for 2 mother plants.
It is good to know that just stuffing them in soil and not over watering can work too! :)
Rooting powder, sterilising, splitting stems, scraping .. it's all overrated IMHO. I just take a cutting with at least 3 nodes, and a stem width of at least 2mm, either stomp it in the ground (drive the hole with the stem that is), water, and be done with it. Do not over-water or the stems WILL rot. I have an experiment going with them hanging in oxygenated water, seems to become a 100% success rate .. vs straight to soil @ around 75%

Happy SkunkDaze Beateo:)...and welcome to the wonderful world of cloning:)lol.....i have used a cloner of some sort from the beginning......started with a daisy cloner that had a pump with a spinner head that sprayed water on the stems....i used olivia's cloning gel back then......i have been using powder for the last several ones.....which i am using an aerogarden with oxygenated water and a homemade job now.....i have left a couple of clones without the powder and they rooted as quickly as the ones with.....now back in the day with the olivias gel it was a big difference that i found....i dont remember how much quicker it was but i know it was quick enough that i always used the gel after.......when i startted back up the organic nutes i ordered came with the powder but i just picked up the gel for futurre clones:).....

Green Dreamz,
How important is a humidity dome? I noticed 5 of my 6 clones look all wrinkled up and laying flat in the peat pots after only a day or two. I put a clear plastic lid on the whole works this morning but I'm afraid it might be too late for all but that one??
My real question.....and obviously you, PlanetJ, and a bunch of others use one.... I'm considering making a small bubble cloner IF I can use something simple like a small aquarium pump? If it's going to get expensive and/or technical, I'll just stick with seeds. Whaddaya think?
Happy SkunkDaze Beateo:)...and welcome to the wonderful world of cloning:)lol.....i have used a cloner of some sort from the beginning......started with a daisy cloner that had a pump with a spinner head that sprayed water on the stems....i used olivia's cloning gel back then......i have been using powder for the last several ones.....which i am using an aerogarden with oxygenated water and a homemade job now.....i have left a couple of clones without the powder and they rooted as quickly as the ones with.....now back in the day with the olivias gel it was a big difference that i found....i dont remember how much quicker it was but i know it was quick enough that i always used the gel after.......when i startted back up the organic nutes i ordered came with the powder but i just picked up the gel for futurre clones:).....

Back
Top Bottom