BlackPolo 420 Indoor Stealth Grow

There are 2 exhaust fans one 4x4 and on 8" in diameter so I adjusted the hole. Thanks for the tips. I made my C02 system but it still will need to be tested out. Also I grabbed some rock wool and some "grow big".
image14306.jpg

I ran my UFO for 7 hrs and only reached 88, I'm just about ready to grow. But am I forgetting anything?:hmmmm:

Oh and yes your intake should be as close to the bottom as possible to allow cool fresh air to be drawn in. The exhaust fan at the very top or as close as possible allow for all the hot stale air to be vented out and up and away. As heat already rises you are just aiding it on its journey out of your box.

There are a few ways to lower those temps some more.
1) Raise that light closer to the top
2) Put in a cooler location
3) Make the intake larger or add in more fans.

What I would personally do is turn those 2 smaller fans around and have them venting out and make the intake vent larger. I do not know what the ambient temp and RH is in the room this cab/box is in but more airflow thru that box will help keep it at the same temp as the room it is in.

Well thank you for those kind words BlackPolo. You are the first to call me wise! Lol. Believe it or not I have 13 months of growing under my belt since the laws made it legal for medicinal reasons...I'm what you call a research whore and have overloaded my brain with tons of info and I still research every day. I am constantly trying to learn the best ways to grow the best medicine for my patients and if I get to pass anything on that I have learned to someone else that that makes my day! I have around 90 books on growing, and not just marijuana either. The latest book was Ed Rosenthals The Growers Handbook. I hate reading but I do a lot and am constantly thinking and trying new methods such as fluxing. I went into growing by keeping an open mind, and learning whatever I can from whoever I can and try to pass on any info I have to any one that may require it...who knows maybe tomorrow you'll be teaching us something we didn't know yet...anything is possible and the community here is amazing! I'll be around to offer any advice or information I can.

Unfortunately I found that reversing the bottom fan took the cool air from the room out of the room. I was back at 91 F today so I flipped it back around. Should I keep the fan or nah? Or paint my walls flat white I think they may be holding heat.

for efficiency in heat removal I would either place 1 large or several smaller fans at the upper side or top of the cabinet and place 1x passive air intake at least 150% in size at the bottom side of your cabinet. Are the walls of your cabinet not already lined with reflective material?

After I figure out the lining situation I won't be any changes to the box. I ran the box outside of the closet in a 77F room and it ranged 81-83F good enough for veg at least. I plan on planting this weekend so I will begin germing seeds and prepping rock wool cubes.
Necessities:
1) ph meter ( to ensure my rock wool doesn't kill my babies )
2) ph down ( for the acidic nature of rock wool )

I was wondering if a pool & spa ph tester would work for testing ph levels, any thoughts?

A digital pH meter can also be used to test the pH of a pool or spa. Depending on the meter you may also require pH 4 solution and pH 7 solution to calibrate your digital pH meter.

Hmm strange that reversing one of your small fans made the heat rise...Can you make the intake port larger? the one without the fans in it? There is this bubble wrap reflective stuff that is used for insulating basements and foundations, I think it is similar to what you are using...It will hold the heat. It is meant to. I would paint the walls flat white and then see what your temps are...Just a friendly suggestion...

I took a pellet from the Warehouse I work in, cut it into 1/4ths now my box is raised 3 inches. Haha it seems like it would cool it down a few degrees. I prepped my rock wool today, impatient me, I just went out and grabbed some lemons. Even though tomorrow is payday. Moving soon and then I can begin the journey.
-I refuse to waist 80 days growing some dry bud. Only the finest sexiest buds in my garden!

Back
Top Bottom