BlackPolo 420 Indoor Stealth Grow

image14422.jpg

Got butterflies already!

Hmm strange that reversing one of your small fans made the heat rise...Can you make the intake port larger? the one without the fans in it? There is this bubble wrap reflective stuff that is used for insulating basements and foundations, I think it is similar to what you are using...It will hold the heat. It is meant to. I would paint the walls flat white and then see what your temps are...Just a friendly suggestion...

Here's a little sample from the lining it's reflecting as you can see it's just not 100%, I've grown impatient so I may buy panda film or Mylar from the hydro people.
image14423.jpg

I started germinating my freebie today. I'm using the water in a glass technique. I put it inside a bag and tied it off to retain humidity. This is my first attempt so my fingers are crossed.
Strain: Super Silver Haze
Sativa
I also got some ph down for the rock wool, most people don't recommend the lemon method, they don't care for styrofoam cups very much either. Now I am back 2 or 3 steps at prepping my rock wool. Trying to avoid all failure.
image14433.jpg

I read that you shouldn't leave a seed to germinate in a glass of water for more than 32 hrs. But my taproot is still dormant, unresponsive, or hiding. Should I let it keep soaking or just plant it?

Polo I left a seed in water a week with the taproot coming out and it's still growing. Actually it's my critical super silver haze. I do have one other seed in water still and it's been 2 weeks. It won't pop open probably never will but I leave it there being helpful.

Antics in my journal recommended I pull the seed out dry it out a bit. Place it in a box with sand paper and shake it around a bit to scratch the seed coat then re soak and that should help it pop open. I never did it but give it a try if you like and see if it works.

Btw the seed sank right, it's not floating still?

We'll I gave it a few curious taps. Then it sank. Quickly after that I planted it with the humidity dome to continue its journey. This was a freebie but I should exercise patience while growing weeds. I put my sleestack skunk into the glass today and I'm leaving that in until my baby talks to me. Even though it is a "regular" it will be good to see how long it takes. Does "regular" mean male? Or nah?

Thanks KingJohnC I saw your sandpaper method on another thread and I went out and grabbed some 320 to give it a try on my main event, bbxww, once the regular seed sprouts of course. For now patience is the name of the game.

I think I see a little stem trying to pop through soil in my silver haze pot! I'm so excited to check back tomorrow. Also the "regular" sleestack skunk had a taproot popping out saying plant me. So I did, right into the rock wool to test if it is a better choice than just straight into the medium.

Thanks KingJohnC I saw your sandpaper method on another thread and I went out and grabbed some 320 to give it a try on my main event, bbxww, once the regular seed sprouts of course. For now patience is the name of the game.

Patience is def the name of the game when your a grower, patience and you have to care a little bit, tough to care about the plant and then at some point you know your going to have to chop her down. Not looking forward to when its time for me to do this. lol.

I think I see a little stem trying to pop through soil in my silver haze pot! I'm so excited to check back tomorrow. Also the "regular" sleestack skunk had a taproot popping out saying plant me. So I did, right into the rock wool to test if it is a better choice than just straight into the medium.

Good stuff keep us posted. I am sure plenty of members including myself will chime in and share some knowledge. Lol i am still learning new things everyday.

It was a little stemy stem! It was! Ha I got my sprout badge! Yeah! :yahoo: Me Super Silver Haze has sprouted everyone. I'm looking for a digital camera to take some HD pics so be patient.
Questions:
It only has 2 leaves for now, should I leave it outside until it gets four leaves or move it into the cab immediately? It's under a dome so no parasites should get to it.

Questions:
It only has 2 leaves for now, should I leave it outside until it gets four leaves or move it into the cab immediately? It's under a dome so no parasites should get to it.

You can place your seedling under your lights under 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness for vegetative growth.

Thanks KingJohnC! Today will be the first day in the cabinet, hopefully there will be noticeable growth.
Question:
Should I wait for some growth before feeding co2 into the cab?

You are free to start CO2 supplementation of your grow area.

Really want to use the LED I purchased, but I can't afford to burn up MJ as my dog ate her sister right before she broke surface! :rip: Waiting till she gets stronger seems like the best play. She's under a 23w CFL, 18/6 light cycle for now. I want to grab a splitter tomorrow so I can use 2. She just isn't showing the vigorous growth that I see around the forums. Still in her first week but nothing to document. Except a little stretch that I covered under top soil to help strengthen her baby stem. With the cold fronts coming soon this grow may just take a turn for the worst.:bitingnails:

Back
Top Bottom