Blue Mystic In Canna Terra Pro Using Cheap LED

I'm also on my first grow in over decade and I'm also trying Blue Mystic but I got mine from GYO. I look forward to watching your progress.

Aces....hopefully I don't disappoint. I picked that strain a while ago with someone in mind. They aren't around anymore, but I'm sure I will enjoy it. I prefer Sativas, but I always gotta have something for bedtime. I am a blueberry fan as long as I can remember though. I was looking at Dinafems blueberry cookies the other day and was almost convinced that was next in line!

Gonna be following your journal in a sec here as well.

I forgot to ask about the fans. They have everything I was needing for "the kit." I was struggling to find a source for good EWC, but they got a huge pallet of wiggle worm for 30 bucks a bag. I my jaw was on the floor walking through that place.

I am going back later this week for a few things like a pocket EC meter, and to see if they got those fans your talking about. I am sure they probably have a few different kinds. It looks like they cater to more large scale operations, but that place is massive and filled floor to ceiling with gear.
Wow,..sounds like "heaven" is right..lol. Ya, with Doc's gear ..you don't need any meters of any kind.....you will see.

Wow,..sounds like "heaven" is right..lol. Ya, with Doc's gear ..you don't need any meters of any kind.....you will see.

I have been reading all about Doc's gear and following on Instagram and stuff.....I know! I am already sold on the concept. Once I get going here it will be all I am using. I really should have cooked up a batch of soil when I started...especially after seeing the added costs of the shit you don't need with the living soil. It is a pretty great deal if you ask me.

Decided to start a little LST with #1 as it was getting much taller than #2. The first is sprawling and long and the second is short.

I topped #1 for the second time as well. To slow her down a bit, and try and make her into a bushy beast.

I took off the first set of fan leaves on both cause they were getting close to the BioTerra.

Also on a down note, due to the constant moisture in the bags we got some fungus gnats. Challenge accepted....could be worse, I could be a cop.
20190417_171515.jpg

Above is topped and LST'd Mystic #1

20190417_171539.jpg

..and shorty underdog Mystic #2

So day 41 and it's looking a little sad! Nothing we won't overcome, just battling the gnats, still a little yellowing..and I snapped a branch.

First off....the gnats. I have been trying a few tactics. Small dishes of vinegar, water, and dish soap. I got one under each plant.....slowly drowning gnats one by one. I gave a H202 drench last night and that seemed to really piss them of. Hopefully taking care of any larvae down. I also got fly paper hanging as well....

The snapped branch...the 1st plant took so beautifully to the LST that I couldn't help myself playing with the other. The limbs are a bit shorter and I was waiting for a bit more height....but I pinned one side down no problem...then when pulling the opposite side down it snapped like an Easter wishbone....right at the node. Now I know :rolleyes:....I snipped it off an we will see what she does.

The yellowing.....still not sure what is going on there really. First step was upgrading my ph tester to a Bluelab pen. It is soaking now waiting for the startup calibrating....then I will compare it with my cheap 30 buck pen. Once I am convinced the Ph is kosher slowly start introducing the feed....1/4 strength to 1/2 strength, to full....

Let the revival begin. Added some potato slices to see how much is down in there. I work way too much, finding time to go get supplies is tough. I gotta work tomorrow...but on my way home I am gonna try and get some neem and make up some homemade spray. Also have a look for something to dress the top of the pots like gnatnix.
20190419_204104.jpg

So far the cider vinegar, water, and dish soap has had the best success. Can't tell from looking at it, but there are a shit ton in there.

That does not sound like fun. Hopefully the war against the gnats will be short :)

Thanks Bob, overnight we made some ground. Noticable difference in numbers. I checked on the potato slices and there are zero signs of anything on there, which means the drench did it's job.

I am gonna take a look at mulches available, but before taking that route we will see how the neem spray does. Without fans the lack of air movement probably isn't helping. That will change very soon.

Alright....finished my work today and headed straight for Canadian Tire Aisle 83.....
Screenshot_20190420-055841_Chrome-01.jpeg

The party is definitely over now. Should have gone this route from the start (or just used the DBHBB kit from the start...)

I would not bother with the sticky tape....it is fucking annoying to have around and really only grabbed a handful of gnats.
20190420_132407.jpg

The dishes with vinegar, dishsoap, and water killed it....I usually have these things on hand anyway....so nothing to buy.

20190420_132352.jpg

While I was in there I did some more topping and stretching. We are almost ready to get back to it.

20190420_132432.jpg

Happy Easter/420
Enjoy

I stuck with the 5's this time to see how it goes. I got some back issues, so the thinking being the smallest I could get away with that would do alright.

I also was not really sure how everything was gonna fit in the tent. I want to have 4 in there, and I could definitely go bigger.

I also really don't know how much "the kit" will fill after cooked. It is a full bale of Promix with a bag of EWC added isn't it?

Mathematically....15's should fill up the space. I will definitely start looking into that for the next run. I want to Scrog the fuck out of this tent when it's going full tilt. I'm gonna get these two to a decent size...flip them and move forward.

Back
Top Bottom