Blue Mystic In Canna Terra Pro Using Cheap LED

Yup,..that's way more effective than Perlite. For soil bound insects , sometimes diatomaceous earth is used as you had intended the Perlite to do. Not the same . Diao. actually cuts the critter to pcs. as they travel thru/around it, like glass.......with perlite, i have witnessed lil bugs go behind the pcs. to hide wtf! For lil critters that fly around , those yellow sticky traps will soon tell you if you have a problem and with wat exact critter, as they attract them so....cheers.

Yup,..that's way more effective than Perlite. For soil bound insects , sometimes diatomaceous earth is used as you had intended the Perlite to do. Not the same . Diao. actually cuts the critter to pcs. as they travel thru/around it, like glass.......with perlite, i have witnessed lil bugs go behind the pcs. to hide wtf! For lil critters that fly around , those yellow sticky traps will soon tell you if you have a problem and with wat exact critter, as they attract them so....cheers.

They are almost non existent....but not quite there. I'm gonna keep those sticky traps loaded in there and it should at least keep the population minimal.

Middle of week 7...moving along quick now. Really starting to reach up fast. Since Monday there is no sight of gnats...except of the sticky traps. Just a handful. Think we won that one.

20190501_170027.jpg

Not sure how much I want to let these things go for before the flip. I kinda want to wrap this one up quick. They look good and healthy.

20190501_170108.jpg

20190501_170057.jpg

A little bonus push for today comes from the mail.

20190501_165024.jpg

20190501_165124.jpg

20190501_165223.jpg

20190501_165210.jpg

Enjoy

Looking ok Seedling. Just a lil warning with your timer....keep all cords and hanging things AWAY from it as to not accidentaly move the 'pins'. Remember to not over water OK. The soil should go thru a wet dry cycle during veg. to encourage root growth . Cheers.

Gotcha, I have been watching the watering since the gnat breakout. I have been lifting them daily to feel the weight. Also checking the sides/bottom of the bags to detect moisture. They are light after about three days now. Should I give them a day or two once they are light? Or water when they are light?

The idea with lifting the pots is to identify when they are nearly 'bone' dry. You would have needed to lift them before you gave any water to sort of judge when they are ready for more water. If you think they are dry,...then water,...don't need to wait for wilting...ok.

Exactly, I know what they feel like full cause I pull them out to drain the run off. A few weeks they were taking almost a full week to be light. That is when the gnats came into play.

I got another question for you here. Is there a reason you are running 4 plants of 2 different strains all the time.

I am trying to figure out what I want to do exactly with this next run. I have considered

•all four the same (to keep it simple)

•2 different Sativa or 2 different Indica

•4 different same as above

I think the last option seems to appeal to me for variety....

Excellent questions that i hardly ever get asked Seedling. I can only legally grow 4 , as you know.
Have been growing in this little room for about 18 years now and have tried all different combinations. Simply put , doing things this way , with my situation, is best . Would advise not to run Sativa's and Indica's at the same time. Different harvest times , growth patterns /stretch, etc. Could mean possible complications with drying , processing etc....if you need to dry in your tent/room, cuz of odor.

That's why i try to grow two different strains that bloom for approx. the same duration. The more strains you throw in the mix, the more complicated things get. Example...my next run will be two similar strains..in Bubba Hash...and Lemon Skittlez. I look at things like breeder times, height , etc. Try and match things up as close as i can. The reason i always grow two strains is for variety , that's all. Any time i did just one , you get tired of it too fast and wish you hadda done different. So, if i were you...being your situation sounds similar to mine , grow four , two different, but similar strains, in the biggest pots you have,..give them as much light as you can afford and deal with , keep your enviro as close to 'ideal' as you can.
Cheers eh.:high-five:

Excellent questions that i hardly ever get asked Seedling. I can only legally grow 4 , as you know.
Have been growing in this little room for about 18 years now and have tried all different combinations. Simply put , doing things this way , with my situation, is best . Would advise not to run Sativa's and Indica's at the same time. Different harvest times , growth patterns /stretch, etc. Could mean possible complications with drying , processing etc....if you need to dry in your tent/room, cuz of odor.

That's why i try to grow two different strains that bloom for approx. the same duration. The more strains you throw in the mix, the more complicated things get. Example...my next run will be two similar strains..in Bubba Hash...and Lemon Skittlez. I look at things like breeder times, height , etc. Try and match things up as close as i can. The reason i always grow two strains is for variety , that's all. Any time i did just one , you get tired of it too fast and wish you hadda done different. So, if i were you...being your situation sounds similar to mine , grow four , two different, but similar strains, in the biggest pots you have,..give them as much light as you can afford and deal with , keep your enviro as close to 'ideal' as you can.
Cheers eh.:high-five:

Pretty much what I needed to hear. I would push my luck trying 4...but maybe further down the road.

I definitely wanna get these lemon Kush going on the next run. Thinking about pushing through my order with Ace which will give me some Golden Tiger or Zamal Bliss to work with as well as a mixed feminized 5 pack.

Gonna do some homework and see what would match up.

Damn.....looking at all that info you mention it is definitely tougher than I thought.....so far out of Ace the only decent match with that Lemon Thai Kush would be the Zamaldelica x Kali China. Most of the stuff I was looking at finishes way later.

I was gonna run down to the bank tomorrow after work and send that international transfer....but now I need to think! Ha ha

Fun homework too....:passitleft:
Yes, take your time, ask around, Neiko can give excellent tips on ACE's stuff. It really matters...:high-five:

So glad I asked that question.....it was like I just had my head spun around. The way I am looking at seed selection is completely different....

Selecting the Blue Mystic was purely based on not knowing what tent I was gonna end up with. So, short was something I was after in case I only had 4 feet of vertical height.

This second run is gonna more fun. I think I might have to push back the Ace Sativas until later on.

I am trying to find partners now for this Lemon Thai Kush and the Bubba's Gift. I have been digging. I might be putting in another order here to HSO. Battling between the 707 Headband and their Green Crack. Both really great choices.

The Bubba's Gift seems a bit more challenging with a 45-50 day flowering time. I got some time on that one though.

Middle of week 7...moving along quick now. Really starting to reach up fast. Since Monday there is no sight of gnats...except of the sticky traps. Just a handful. Think we won that one.

20190501_170027.jpg

Not sure how much I want to let these things go for before the flip. I kinda want to wrap this one up quick. They look good and healthy.

20190501_170108.jpg

20190501_170057.jpg

A little bonus push for today comes from the mail.

20190501_165024.jpg

20190501_165124.jpg

20190501_165223.jpg

20190501_165210.jpg

Enjoy
Love that HSO packaging.

:green_heart:
With all that effort on packaging I would assume the seeds should be awesome as well.
:nomo:
:green_heart:
Three out of four Sapphire Scout seeds germinated. I transplanted them, they poked their seed cases above ground, and died. Seven other seeds from different breeders that were started at the same time are doing well. I have one Sapphire Scout seed left. I'll try it in a rapid rooter and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom