Blue Mystic In Canna Terra Pro Using Cheap LED

Took off some of the larger fan leaf that were causing too much shade.

Still collecting the gnat stragglers. Feeling much better in there.

20190422_092130-01.jpeg

20190422_092115-01.jpeg

That broken branch has taken well to the new home. When I snipped her off she was droopy and lot looking great. Stuck her in some fresh water until she perked up. Trimmed the lower half and dusted with rooting powder and let her settle into a solo cup with promix seed starter.

20190422_092516.jpg

@seedlingmtl 1 - 0 gnats. Well done bro its never easy and always a pain in the ass. :laughtwo:
Nice training done to the ladies they have opened up nicely. Looks like the yellowing has eased off as well?
Still looking great in there! How many weeks till 12/12 flip??

@seedlingmtl 1 - 0 gnats. Well done bro its never easy and always a pain in the ass. :laughtwo:
Nice training done to the ladies they have opened up nicely. Looks like the yellowing has eased off as well?
Still looking great in there! How many weeks till 12/12 flip??

Yeah, still collecting gnats....they come out of nowhere. There are barely any left anymore. I started yesterday with a home made neem insecticide spray. Hopefully it will keep them away.

I got my calendar marked for mid May...but I am gonna see how big they get. It is recommended by RQS to let them veg a little longer cause they are short and a bit slow to gain height. I am done topping I think. I got 8 colas on #1 and 6 on #2. The first one seems to respond much faster than the second.

I will get some pics up later today.

Alright, as promised an update pic...outside the tent..... Day 39 from germination.

Still collecting gnats....fuck they are nasty. I saw some pics showing the sticky traps sitting on the soil surface....so I peeled off one side and sat a couple in there. They work much, much better than hanging above the canopy.
20190424_181143.jpg

20190424_181343-01.jpeg

Above is #1...filling up nice and looking nice and healthy.
20190424_182622.jpg

#2 a little lopsided, but doing alright.

They are quite different plants. #1 grows taller and the stalk is thinner...much easier to pull around and shape. While #2 is shorter with much fatter stems. I can't seem to pull a branch down...the main stem wants to bend first. Think I am gonna leave her be and let her do her thing.

They look good and healthy.

I am pretty pleased with them so far. Gonna try and keep it together as best I can....and the light is probably doing lots of good for them. Thanks for the nudge in that direction Salt!

Also, Forgot to mention I started back with nutes at 1/4 strength yesterday. Pretty sure I won't go above 1/2 unless they seem to really need it....but I imagine it should be enough.

The good thing is...they are fairly cheap to buy and that one is 'oscillating' which is a must IMO.
I know wat ya mean though. The latest one i got is a 9 inch and looks , feels and appears to be really cheap crap ,..but , it's working right now....third day it's been on , so....dunno!

I was looking at the Secret Jardin Monkey fans....but the Amazon reviews are a mess. For the price it isn't worth the risk. I just set up this vivosun....it is a little clumsy and doesn't clip on very well...but it will work. I think I will hang it from the top rather than clip to the side...it should work better. It also clicks really, really loud when it changes directions. Louder than anything else in the tent....every 7 seconds.......Click! Ha ha!

I am gonna go and check out some electronics stores and see if they got anything that will work.

Tell you what tho.....there are still a handful of gnats in the tent and they hate that breeze.

Oh...u say it "clicks"....junk! Fu....k sakes eh Seedling. Where's it made??...nevermind, i think i know the answer to that!
It's the way of the world....that country pays their workers crap...thats why they produce everything at such a low cost,...other countries just cant compete. I just bought a new pair of hi end skates for hockey and purchased an upgrade of new , better blades(steel)...they are proudly made in Canada and they are top grade stuff! A lot of NHL players are getting these 'StepSteel' blades to replace the stock ones. I have lots more to say about this subject but don't wanna bore our membership, so.... Cheers.

Oh...u say it "clicks"....junk! Fu....k sakes eh Seedling. Where's it made??...nevermind, i think i know the answer to that!
It's the way of the world....that country pays their workers crap...thats why they produce everything at such a low cost,...other countries just cant compete. I just bought a new pair of hi end skates for hockey and purchased an upgrade of new , better blades(steel)...they are proudly made in Canada and they are top grade stuff! A lot of NHL players are getting these 'StepSteel' blades to replace the stock ones. I have lots more to say about this subject but don't wanna bore our membership, so.... Cheers.

Bwahaha! Yup....the Instruction manual is actually a black and white photocopy folded in half....unevenly at that!

Beginning of week 7.....making some adjustments as always. I know the roots are going strong now cause they are sucking up water much faster.

Growth up top is steady and green. I am just gonna let them go up from here on out. Up the nute strength to 1/2 and get ready to flip

I bought a couple things. First cause I am still seeing gnats. I got a bag of perlite and tossed a thick layer on top of everything. They are gonna have a hard time penetrating that hopefully.
20190428_104734.jpg

Second is a timer for the light. There is a built in timer on this light, but it kind of sucks. Basically when you turn on the light you can select the cycle....but not a start and finish time. Twice now, it has got messed up and for $15 bucks I got a classic.
20190428_104716.jpg

20190428_105533.jpg

Enjoy

Alright....checked my notes and got to work....after work.

Took out as much of the white stuff as I could...and topped it with fresh bio terra and sticky traps.

I have been reading all kinds of stuff for these gnats. Saw the perlite option somewhere and thought I would try. The voice of experience always wins though. Thanks again @Duggan.

I am liking what I am seeing with these plants so far. Pretty tiny.....but they are described as growing short and look like broccoli....seems pretty accurate anyway... It will be fun to see the difference when I am running doc's kit soil. I got three more of these for down the road.

20190429_170346.jpg

20190429_170328.jpg

20190429_170321.jpg

Back
Top Bottom