Blueberry Auto With CFL & LED

Rhizome

Hi folks.

This is my second attempt. I mentioned the first one here: Cheapest To Ugliest: Homemade Light

And another topic about my attempt to germinate slightly old seeds: 18 month old seeds

Strain: Blueberry Auto
Tent: 100cm(W)x140cm(H)x50cm(D) (Actually a cloth closet)
Medium: Regular cheap potting mix
Light: 8x23W cfl and 200W brandless diy led
Fertilizer: Cheap liquid fertilizers (Veg: N 8%, P 3%, K 7%, Mg 2% - Flowering: N 5%, P 9%, K 5%)

First days:

30.jpg
2.jpg

Day 8:

7.1.jpg

Day 13:

12.jpg

Day 17 (Today):

16.jpg

As you can see first week i used my weird, uncanny led light:

20220216_225055.jpg
20220216_225111.jpg

However, later on, I decided to use cfl as I didn't trust it.

I did something like this:

20220416_202726.jpg

There are 8 sockets, I am using 4 of them for now. I'm considering using all 8 of them during the flowering phase and also running the led (if I can keep the heat under control). When the light is on, the temperature is up to 26 degrees Celsius without any cooler. I'm using 20/4.

I made something like this for hot days. It managed to keep the temperature 3 degrees low for 4 hours:

20220416_202837.jpg

Some leaves have very light yellowing on the edges. Light burn? At the peak there is something similar to the pistils, is this normal on the 17th day?

20220416_203213.jpg

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Hi folks.

This is my second attempt. I mentioned the first one here: Cheapest To Ugliest: Homemade Light

And another topic about my attempt to germinate slightly old seeds: 18 month old seeds

Strain: Blueberry Auto
Tent: 100cm(W)x140cm(H)x50cm(D) (Actually a cloth closet)
Medium: Regular cheap potting mix
Light: 8x23W cfl and 200W brandless diy led
Fertilizer: Cheap liquid fertilizers (Veg: N 8%, P 3%, K 7%, Mg 2% - Flowering: N 5%, P 9%, K 5%)

First days:

30.jpg
2.jpg

Day 8:

7.1.jpg

Day 13:

12.jpg

Day 17 (Today):

16.jpg

As you can see first week i used my weird, uncanny led light:

20220216_225055.jpg
20220216_225111.jpg

However, later on, I decided to use cfl as I didn't trust it.

I did something like this:

20220416_202726.jpg

There are 8 sockets, I am using 4 of them for now. I'm considering using all 8 of them during the flowering phase and also running the led (if I can keep the heat under control). When the light is on, the temperature is up to 26 degrees Celsius without any cooler. I'm using 20/4.

I made something like this for hot days. It managed to keep the temperature 3 degrees low for 4 hours:

20220416_202837.jpg

Some leaves have very light yellowing on the edges. Light burn? At the peak there is something similar to the pistils, is this normal on the 17th day?

20220416_203213.jpg

Thank you for any help you can offer.
Good morning @Rhizome how are things going today.
Are you feeding your lady?
She is hungry.

Stay safe
Bill

Happy 420 all! :happy-birthday:

Day 21:

20.jpg

I have a very petite, flowery girl with slightly yellowed leaves. :battingeyelashes:

Hearing my cry for help here, my friends identified the problem: High pH

The pH of the water I used was 7.1. I confirmed the problem with a little research:

pH.jpg

Next time I water I'll try adding some vinegar to lower the pH. Today, I learned something new. :meditate:

Happy 420 all! :happy-birthday:

Day 21:

20.jpg

I have a very petite, flowery girl with slightly yellowed leaves. :battingeyelashes:

Hearing my cry for help here, my friends identified the problem: High pH

The pH of the water I used was 7.1. I confirmed the problem with a little research:

pH.jpg

Next time I water I'll try adding some vinegar to lower the pH. Today, I learned something new. :meditate:
Hey @Rhizome hope your having a great 420 my friend. :ganjamon:

Stay safe
Bill

Actually not. Weedlessness for months. :nomo: I'm waiting for my girl to grow up. :cheesygrinsmiley: I wish I had some weed right now. Roll a joint for me too. :Rasta:
OMG emergency oh no I'm so sorry. :Namaste:

Stay safe :bong:
Bill

Day 28:

27.jpg

Things didn't go well. Interveinal chlorosis due to high pH became more prominent in the lower leaves. However, the upper leaves that develop after a little vinegar look good. She is only 13 cm tall and looks like a photo grown 12/12 from seed. This was probably caused by the low drainage shitty soil and high pH. :lot-o-toke:

Read theas threads.
Stay safe
Bill
This is GOLD!

NTH

Day 36:

h.jpg
36.jpg
36.1.jpg

Was taken to intensive care. :laugh: Last week I bought a good quality soil and planted her in new soil. When I saw the new soil, I realized how shitty the old soil really was. The old soil held water on the surface for a long time and was like dust when dry and mud when wet. Plus, there was no perlite. It had kept all the water in it, and it had become heavy and hard.

Fortunately, the transfer process did not cause her to die. She stinks a lot right now. And the pH problem does not persist thanks to vinegar. I'm hoping to get a single bud of a few grams. :morenutes:

So why is she in that thing? I thought of such a micro grow method as I was thinking of taking it outside the tent. When I saw that it didn't affect the tent temperature much, I left it there. I use my weird led light as the cfls are needed for the new plant.

Old soil and poor roots:

root.jpg

I postponed my vacation plan and planted a new seed. Sticky Beast auto this time:

sticky.jpg

It germinate much faster in new soil than the previous one. I am using the method here (tanks @Bill284 and others :Namaste:): The Proper Way To Water A Seedling In A Large Final Container

I ordered a real grow light, it will be received soon. I'm going with cfl for now.

I hope this topic will serve as an example for new growers about the importance of growing medium and pH. :laugh:

Day 36:

h.jpg
36.jpg
36.1.jpg

Was taken to intensive care. :laugh: Last week I bought a good quality soil and planted she in new soil. When I saw the new soil, I realized how shitty the old soil really was. The old soil held water on the surface for a long time and was like dust when dry and mud when wet. Plus, there was no perlite. It had kept all the water in it, and it had become heavy and hard.

Fortunately, the transfer process did not cause her to die. She stinks a lot right now. And the pH problem does not persist thanks to vinegar. I'm hoping to get a single bud of a few grams. :morenutes:

So why is she in that thing? I thought of such a micro grow method as I was thinking of taking it outside the tent. When I saw that it didn't affect the tent temperature much, I left it there. I use my weird led light as the cfls are needed for the new plant.

Old soil and poor roots:

root.jpg

I postponed my vacation plan and planted a new seed. Sticky Beast auto this time:

sticky.jpg

It germinate much faster in new soil than the previous one. I am using the method here (tanks @Bill284 and others :Namaste:): The Proper Way To Water A Seedling In A Large Final Container

I ordered a real grow light, it will be received soon. I'm going with cfl for now.

I hope this topic will serve as an example for new growers about the importance of growing medium and pH. :laugh:
Great save my friend. :thumb:
Perlite in the soil helps aerate the soil , for nest time.
Do you have superthrive, b1, kelp, roots exculerator gold?
All good products for roots.
Also @DYNOMYCO is great for roots.
When I up pot I sprinkle it directly on the roots.
Couple things will improve the plants health.
Just 2 cents.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Do you have superthrive, b1, kelp, roots exculerator gold?
All good products for roots.
Also @DYNOMYCO is great for roots.
When I up pot I sprinkle it directly on the roots.
Couple things will improve the plants health.
Just 2 cents.

Bill
I don't even know what they are. :cheesygrinsmiley: Researching... :nomo:

Day 46:

Mrs. one bud:

46.jpg

I took a small sample and dried it in the oven. Effective even now. :Rasta:

Sticky Beast day 15:

Sticky15.jpg

Growing like Jack's beanstalk. :morenutes:

Day 46:

Mrs. one bud:

46.jpg

I took a small sample and dried it in the oven. Effective even now. :Rasta:

Sticky Beast day 15:

Sticky15.jpg

Growing like Jack's beanstalk. :morenutes:
Did you find @DYNOMYCO ok ?

Bill

Day 49 from seed:

49.jpg
49top.jpg

You too can grow your supermicro plant in just two months with crappy soil.:bravo: Joking apart, how long do you think is left? I have never harvested before. I don't have a magnifying glass to see the trichomes clearly.

Of course, sticky beast is also here. Day 18:

Sticky18.jpg

Have you ever seen such a symmetric baby? :battingeyelashes:
Though I just bent it. I'm trying LST.

Day 49 from seed:

49.jpg
49top.jpg

You too can grow your supermicro plant in just two months with crappy soil.:bravo: Joking apart, how long do you think is left? I have never harvested before. I don't have a magnifying glass to see the trichomes clearly.

Of course, sticky beast is also here. Day 18:

Sticky18.jpg

Have you ever seen such a symmetric baby? :battingeyelashes:
Though I just bent it. I'm trying LST.
She is perfect. :thumb:
When she is finished flowering all her white pistols turn red and crinkle in.
Then you know she is finished flowering and building for you.
As that is happening just keep an eye on tric's.
Clear / cloudy energetic feeling.
Cloudy / amber relaxed feeling.
You have some time. :Namaste:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Back
Top Bottom