Boomer444's Indoor and Outdoor Experiments

Re: Hozona's Indoor and Outdoor Experiments

Nice set up. any way to get the CFL's closer?
Yeah, I've already done that...I have been monitoring the temp all day also. 400watts of HPS in a 40X40 tent adds some heat and the CFLs do a bit too...watching VERY CLOSELY and adjusting it as I go. Temps inside the tent went to 90F:thedoubletake:We will see, moved the HPS up in the tent and it seemed to FILL the tent. I LOVE EXPERIMENTING :slide::tokin:

That's what my tent did at first shot. I was able to open up her passive intake vents and add 4 and 6" fans pulling in fresh air. Well now its active! After adding in the true 200 watt CFL I was able to ditch the 6 T8's and over 6 23 watt CFL's. This helps maintain the temps at 79 to 82. The inline fan pulling heat through a scrubber to the attic helps a ton as well I want to say 5 degree in the negative. Ill have to re-check my journal.

That's what my tent did at first shot. I was able to open up her passive intake vents and add 4 and 6" fans pulling in fresh air. Well now its active! After adding in the true 200 watt CFL I was able to ditch the 6 T8's and over 6 23 watt CFL's. This helps maintain the temps at 79 to 82. The inline fan pulling heat through a scrubber to the attic helps a ton as well I want to say 5 degree in the negative. Ill have to re-check my journal.
I am running a 400cfm fan from the top vent to the outside and opened the rectangular vents at the bottom of the tent for fresh air also...I will be monitoring it again tomorrow throughout the day. We'll see what happens tomorrow. :snooze::tokin:

You have the gear!!
Better than EVER before. I am liking my veg/clone area too but want to rebuild aerocloner to different specs...reservoir below in same size container makes for easy servicing and access to nutes. I saw this on ACGrow-brain's journal page about Stinkbuds Aeroponics set-up. Mine will be very similar. When limited in space, we have to learn to adapt. :reading420magazine::tokin:

Better than EVER before. I am liking my veg/clone area too but want to rebuild aerocloner to different specs...reservoir below in same size container makes for easy servicing and access to nutes. I saw this on ACGrow-brain's journal page about Stinkbuds Aeroponics set-up. Mine will be very similar. When limited in space, we have to learn to adapt. :reading420magazine::tokin:
Here it is the "New Improved" vegger set-up along with the drawings.
Modified_aerocloner.jpg

New_Aerocloner.JPG

Reservoir is 10 gallon as well as upper net/jets container. 396 gph pump with 8 jets on sprayer set-up. Makes for easy access to the nutes and pump reservoir. I have the pump on an on/off timer and will opt for a different one as soon as money permits to set it up as stinkbud recommended with a 1min on 5 off timing.
:tokin:

I bought PH and PPM testers today along with a timer for my aerovegger pump. It cycles on and off and I have it set a stinkbugs recommended 1min on/5min off. Also bought the materials to fab up a smaller version of his flowering set-up also if I decide to try all aero.. When I tested the PH on my aerovegger res it was a lot higher than the liquid or test strips I recieved from an un-named hydro supplier had indicated (threw them away) so after some adjustments in the next couple of days the girls should go crazy:tokin:

So this is the mad scientist thread with bubbly buckets and twisty lights and what not... where are the experimental LED's? :cheesygrinsmiley:

MUAHAHAHAHA

Grow_tent5.JPG

Only have three lights NOT it use at this time. A 12" LED panel, a single 2' T5, and a 2 bulb 2' flourescent. I am starting to enjoy messing with my new stuff. My aerovegging clones have roots shooting out of their 4" net pots; they weren't yesterday soooo:slide: I am happy. My timer works fine, but I probably could have gotten by with the ones the guys are selling on Sleezbay. AND YES this is the MAD SCIENTIST thread...like yours isn't? :tokin:

today i gotta get some coco recycled and revamped for the new batch of autos im germming, i will mix in new coco bout a third to half and some worm castings ,pearlite, azomite,gypsum, and a good strong charge of microbes, i wanna see how big i can get these autos shooting for 3ft and 1z per plant so im gonna put them in as big a pots as possible for my space right off so they never have to be transplanted, cant afford shock with autos it affects end results , but in 8wks i harvest, autos are fun! you wanna grow some? i got lots of beans and will prolly have more when these finish if i get any males that is, and the pollinating i did last week should produce seeds in another 3-4 weeks, lol i have like 15 crosses i have yet to try , i just keep making new crosses everytime i grow new strains, i have an abundance of seeds to put it mildly:thumb:

today i gotta get some coco recycled and revamped for the new batch of autos im germming, i will mix in new coco bout a third to half and some worm castings ,pearlite, azomite,gypsum, and a good strong charge of microbes, i wanna see how big i can get these autos shooting for 3ft and 1z per plant so im gonna put them in as big a pots as possible for my space right off so they never have to be transplanted, cant afford shock with autos it affects end results , but in 8wks i harvest, autos are fun! you wanna grow some? i got lots of beans and will prolly have more when these finish if i get any males that is, and the pollinating i did last week should produce seeds in another 3-4 weeks, lol i have like 15 crosses i have yet to try , i just keep making new crosses everytime i grow new strains, i have an abundance of seeds to put it mildly:thumb:
Doode, just finished changing out nutes and adjusting the PH I added 2/3 the nutes and the numbers are right there so now it's monitor and adjust, monitor and adjust, I see what looks to be early trich development so these should probably explode in the next day or so. AND HELL YEAH I wanna grow some! We'll do some comparisons when I come over next month. :slide:

Mad scientist update:cheesygrinsmiley:
Well I have a lot going on with my little experiment..What a difference gettting the nutes right makes! PH and PPMs right where they should be..I switched the bulb in my tent to a 400w MH to see what, if any, difference it would make.
IMG_026826.JPG

Here is a shot of the veg/clone area today
IMG_026923.JPG

ALSO have the aerobloom set-up nearly done and will post pictures later

Back
Top Bottom