Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & DWCt, White Widow Max

re: Acers Closet Garden - Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & SH Deep Water Culture unit, White Widow Max

Good idea I was lucky on my other grows they were elevated about 16" above the floor ! Made for easy changes.. but we can adapt !!

re: Acers Closet Garden - Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & SH Deep Water Culture unit, White Widow Max

It has been 8 days since I first planted the spouts.

I had extra seeds so I planted them in pots and placed them in direct sun behind my home.

My indoor Deep Water Culture plants are growing twice as fast as the outdoor plants!!!!.

My temp is at 85. I am not sure if I should be concerned. The plants seem very healthy.

I did add two very small fans inside the unit and have also used a cooler that I sometimes fill with ice. It also adds more humidity to my unit.
005384.JPG

Last grow I had no problem. Although I was using the CO2 boost system. This time I did not want to spend the 100.00 it cost to use for only one grow. Also, Mr Deep Water Culture...aka-Roseman stated he saw no need for using this product.

001421.JPG
004399.JPG
005384.JPG

day-8-acers-led-bubble.202301

001421.JPG
I am having an issue posting my photos.

Nice Setup! +reps

Those babies look like they are stretching to me too. Those UFO's can't be giving off too much heat, can you lower them? I've been checking out some leds to add to the grow room. What is the "recommended" distance to the seedlings?

(Nice Covers!!!)
:thumb:

Hello Skyrocket!! Thanks for viewing.

I bought the unit from SH.

I am very impressed with the unit. It is much better than the system my grow cabinet came with.

Green 007!!!

I appreciate the Reps!! Thanks again!!

My plants are stretching a little. I did move the lights closer. Suggestion is priced right and well taken!!

I have never really gotten a good explanation on how close to keep the LED lights. I was told to keep them close enough to have the light cover all the plants evenly.

This is my second grow with them. I couldn't imagine using anything else in the small space I have either.

OrangeBlood uses UFO's on a light mover in conjunction with his HPS. The UFO's on the mover are only a few inches from the canopy. Maybe he can keep them closer because they are on a light rail. I still haven't seen a definitive answer on how far or close LEDs should be to the plants. But I'd really like to know.

DJmattz. Thanks for the reps! I wish I could say I built this cabinet myself. It really is a good set up for being stealth.

OrangeBlood uses UFO's on a light mover in conjunction with his HPS. The UFO's on the mover are only a few inches from the canopy. Maybe he can keep them closer because they are on a light rail. I still haven't seen a definitive answer on how far or close LEDs should be to the plants. But I'd really like to know.
Green007, I am going to see how this light mover would work. I am sure that is why he can keep his LED's closer. If I mover my 2 LED's 2 inches away the middle plant would hardly get any light at all.

Also, I am going to your poll now.

Thanks again!!

Thanks for looking at the poll.

I don't think I've seen light movers small enough for your cab. Let me know if you find some.

I just have to live with what I have. Time will tell. However the plants are looking very healthy. It is amazing... with this setup. They are visibly getting bigger by the hour.

Where did you get your UFO's from?

Green, They came with the cabinet. Click on the link below. This is what I bought.

Cool Cab

They sell complete turn key cabinets that are acutually very well built.

They do sell the LED lighting separately. When I was comparing pricing on just the lights they were competitivly priced. Also, at their website they have comparison videos on how the 90W LED's perform against the 600 HID.

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. From some of the LED journals here, I've yet to see a 90W UFO compare to a 600W HID. I'm still doing research, but so far seems like a 400ishW LED can keep up with a 600W HID for light, but the LEDs do not have the coverage that the HIDs do. In addition, I was recently reading the the LEDs do not have as good of penetration either, unless they are at a certain angle. I'm still a little confused about that last part. Something with a 90° angle vs another angle.

Anyway, for your size cab, I am very excited to see how the two 90W UFO's perform.
:thumb:

Hello Acer,
Nice stealth setup you have there. I am anxious to see how the LEDs perform for you in it. Guess I will be pullin up a chair to watch the grass grow with ya.:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom