Canada Guy's Perpetual Garden

Little update.

The girls are doing well in the flower tent. AG was getting a bit stretchy so I buried her more in the solo cup. Both LSD girls are putting out nice pistils already, and the stretch will soon begin. My clone of LSD 2 is not doing so well but she is still alive. We may only have 2 in the garden outside.... Should I start another bagseed, AG, LSD, or none at all and just have 2 this year? Actually... I have some really really old.. like going on 15 years.. seeds in the freezer, I could germ one of them? Let me know what you guys think.

Veg box

420-magazine-mobile2024313275.jpg

Flower tent

420-magazine-mobile2127290981.jpg

Alberta Gold

420-magazine-mobile1827224361.jpg

Freezer seeds

420-magazine-mobile1489250490.jpg

This dab looks dark but it's not

420-magazine-mobile1141953962.jpg

Thanks for following along.

lol "freezer seeds". Has a nice ring to it. I am interested in seeing an AG indoor too, sure got big outside this summer
Indoor they are tiny plants.. like 24 inches in full flower, with medium size super dense frosty nugs. The ones in the freezer are not my own creation, they are some kind of giant sativa.

Alberta Gold indoor

420-magazine-mobile1305818830.jpg

Lol not gonna put her in a wet paper towel? I've also read to give older seeds a rough up with sand paper to help. . for bag seed
Nope, unless she doesn't germinate this is the way I do it. It's survival of the fittest in my garden!

On a side note, a little TLC, and the LSD 2 clone is doing much better.

The will to live is strong in this one

420-magazine-mobile1694048238.jpg

Little update. I know it's been like a whole day, but our freezer sativa has germinated.

I also moved the cfls closer to the cones.

Alberta Gold is also doing well in the flower tent, it's my first time doing 12/12 from seed.

My friends call me the Germinator. .

Hello miss sativa

420-magazine-mobile1489176815.jpg

Lights are a little lower now

420-magazine-mobile485403702.jpg

Alberta Gold

420-magazine-mobile1590159406.jpg

LSD 1 flowers

420-magazine-mobile1949018491.jpg

Thanks for following along.

I've always done the paper towel thing but this has me curious for sure. Great job CG.
I've done paper towel, peat pellets, rapid rooters, and straight into the dirt, and this is by far the easiest way to germinate. I am a lazy gardener .. I must say though I have not seen a seed crack so fast and send out a taproot. Usually it's at least a couple days lol. Perhaps going from -18°C in the freezer to +25°C in the box kick started the process. Being that she is so old I wasn't expecting anything at all.

I've done paper towel, peat pellets, rapid rooters, and straight into the dirt, and this is by far the easiest way to germinate. I am a lazy gardener .. I must say though I have not seen a seed crack so fast and send out a taproot. Usually it's at least a couple days lol. Perhaps going from -18°C in the freezer to +25°C in the box kick started the process. Being that she is so old I wasn't expecting anything at all.

Most seeds respond better having spent some time in the cold,or a freezer, to simulate winter. My grandparents used to take home grown tomatoes and put slices with seeds in the freezer for use next season. So I have to suspect cannabis seeds prefer being frozen for a spell before being planted.

Nice to see that bean crack . I'm all about making the process as simple as possible. So do you soak the seed ? Or just wet the soil good and drop the bean on top?
Nope, I just get the dirt thoroughly soaking wet and press the seed into the dirt a little like an inch maybe. I then place the cup right under the lights and the rest is history. In the past I was very careful to get humidity domes and heat pads and stuff for seeds and clones, and it was like a science experiment every time I cracked a bean or took a cutting. It's a waste of time IMHO.

If you want accelerated growth and massive yields, then yes, brighter lights, nutes, perfect humidity/temps, water quality, etc etc etc are critical right from day 1.

Back
Top Bottom