Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Hey sis. Happy Shatterday.
Chicken wire is a huge pain at chop time just like you're predicting.
The 4x4 wire mesh stuff is great if you around you somewhere.

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Good idea

Good morning Canna :)

mmm..I know Its seasoned n all......

mmmm....look my feeling is...its hard to explain....if the chook poo is fine or powdered, yes, because you can distribute it through the soil enough.....

If its clumpy, like from a big pile that's been outside....look what I've seen for the younger plants is it can be a bit 50/50...

I think...I still don't know....sometimes the big clumps of poo are good...the root gets into it and they suck it all up...

Sometimes it seems it burns em a bit, and slows down progression and then they take off...

My suggestion is yes use it, but I'm cautious to mix it in and then bang the plant on top...bugger I'm assuming that's what you had planned...if you wanna use it...mix it in your soil, leave it...for the bacteria to start to decompose the poo or whatever the proper term is...then the girls will love it....

That's my feeling...itd be better that it sit a bit and adjust before those little roots hit it.

The good thing is though, your going into soil, so the available bacteria etc to do this will be higher...I dunno canna.

Bugger, now I've confused myself!

At least you see the logic (??? :rofl:) in my thinking from what I've seen when I've done the same....

Phew!....here... Tassie :passitleft: Canna

Hey sis. Happy Shatterday.
Chicken wire is a huge pain at chop time just like you're predicting.
The 4x4 wire mesh stuff is great if you around you somewhere.

Hey brother dear,
Thanks for the info. I don't have any of the mesh stuff laying around, so I think I will "stick" with the traditional stick stake if they get too heavy. Such a problem I would LOVE to have. LOL

Thanks to Grizz too, for the good idea vote on the poo. :)

Tassie...you devil,

I completely understood what you said. Believe it or not. LOL

It's going to be powderish, no big clumpy's.

I think I'm going to give it a test run in some black soil and put it around the herbs I have planted in there first. They are very young plants too. If it does them damage, they are easily replaced. I can't find Cannabis plants growing wild in the woods on a regular basis.....:rofl:

If anyone ever told me I would be having such in depth conversations about old chicken poo and collecting it for use....well ....I would have given them another beer and told them "now everybody funny". LOL

Danged rain has not stopped and it looks like it's going to be going on awhile. I was hoping it would be done by the time I left work. Looks like planting won't happen until tomorrow. And it's Brrrrrr cold outside!

Canna :passitleft: to Tassie...and forward to anyone else. :)

Ah'll be back........;-)

It rained here for 2 days and now is hotter than h#@@ but we sure needed the rain and my outside babies are already putting on flowers for fruit and 1 tomato has popped out of a flower so it should be headed your way soon.....:circle-of-love:

Hey Canna...

EDIT:

mmmmm....me me me me...got carried away with poo stories :0)

I like the idea of the tester plants...you knew where you were going from the start didn't you...you clever chicken :)

Hope you have a good day mate :)

OUTAKE:

Chook poo. I had a mate who's uncle owned a chook farm....not bad bad chook farn, not perfect though...but...they had so much poo they had to take it to the tip!...like rubbish dump, and paid a fortune to get rid of it.

I had a trailer...6'x4' a month for free (well more than that...but that was as much...shovelling as I could take!) as long as I shovelled....

We just bought our delapidated house with drained soil....that was ...9 years agom, maybe 10...if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction on a hot day, you cant still smell where the huge mounds of poo sat for a few years to settle before it got spread out.

I know poo

:rofl:

Ha, dads best mate owned a cage chicken farm during the 80's... Your right about the manure, trucks to take it to the tip.. My dad actually used to bag it to sell.... Dad would sell a bag of manure for $2.. Fast forward 30+years, you know what I pay for a bag of manure now? $2.50, glad we didn't stay in the shit game, lol....

Ya know, sometimes it's so hard to express appreciation to someone who has done something beyond expectation for another.
I have to try to do that today.
So to the best of my ability, here's the story.

Last year on my birthday my brothers gave me money to order a Mars Hydro II LED light from Ebay. As most of you know, I used that during my last grow and was extremely happy with it. Tickled pink. (yeah sometimes it looked pink. LOL)
Well, when all the chit hit the fan at the end of the year things had to start going up for sale. I held out on selling that LED light until sometime in February, I believe. (those months are a blur) I was finally forced to ebay it off.

During this time a very good friend, Dennise....yep our Dennise...or Fi Fi as Reg calls her, was aware of this. I stayed in contact with Dennise through the months somewhat, just to let her know I was still kickin. LOL

Now, this wonderful person.....decided to send me something. I received it a bit more than a week ago. Knowing how much I needed the lighting and getting a decent harvest as soon as possible, and knowing how bad I felt about selling my LED light....here's what I received:

Mars_Hydro_1.jpg

Mars_Hydro_21.jpg

Mars_Hydro_31.jpg

Mars Hydro LED!!! This light will cover one full half of the current grow when the plants are maturing in the space I have. Bye Bye CFL's and Fans and heat!

I cannot in any way express my deep appreciation for the kindness and generosity. I can try though.
What you don't know Dennise,....it was my birthday a few days ago. Isn't it funny how things work out? :hug:

:thanks::circle-of-love::thanks::circle-of-love::thanks::circle-of-love:

Dennise will be receiving some little "somethings" from me in the next week or so.

I've never met such wonderful, thoughtful people as I have on this forum.

You people Rock!!

:circle-of-love:

Love this place.

Ha, dads best mate owned a cage chicken farm during the 80's... Your right about the manure, trucks to take it to the tip.. My dad actually used to bag it to sell.... Dad would sell a bag of manure for $2.. Fast forward 30+years, you know what I pay for a bag of manure now? $2.50, glad we didn't stay in the shit game, lol....

Yeah, the folks used to sell the horse manure for fertilizer...then we got so many horses they started advertising on the front lawn "Free Fertilizer Manure" for passers by. LOL

Hey Canna...

EDIT:

mmmmm....me me me me...got carried away with poo stories :0)

I like the idea of the tester plants...you knew where you were going from the start didn't you...you clever chicken :)

Hope you have a good day mate :)

OUTAKE:

Chook poo. I had a mate who's uncle owned a chook farm....not bad bad chook farn, not perfect though...but...they had so much poo they had to take it to the tip!...like rubbish dump, and paid a fortune to get rid of it.

I had a trailer...6'x4' a month for free (well more than that...but that was as much...shovelling as I could take!) as long as I shovelled....

We just bought our delapidated house with drained soil....that was ...9 years agom, maybe 10...if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction on a hot day, you cant still smell where the huge mounds of poo sat for a few years to settle before it got spread out.

I know poo

:rofl:

:rofl: Oh, I am fully aware of what happens when heat and wind hit the farm. We had to deal with tons of chicken and guinea poo and horse manure at the same time. ......still better than a pig farm though.

Well happy late b day canna

Well happy late b day canna

Thank you 7Dust! And just in case I didn't do it before, :welcome: to the journal....where everything changes and it changes everything. LOL

Btw everyone, just to keep track here, I have the LED light schedule now on 18/6 for the girls. (we say girls with our fingers crossed, because although they are feminised seeds we all know that is not a guarantee of female plants)

:circle-of-love:

I missed that.... Happy (belated) Birthday Canna!!

Been a few belated birthday wishes of late.. :)

Well, happy belated birthday wishes Canna. Dennise..... Girl, big hug. BIG HUG. That was the sweetest thing. :love:

15 June, 40! Another crazy Gemini, lol...

Back
Top Bottom