CFL - Bag Seed - Soil - First Grow

The Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil has too many nutrients to root cuttings well.

yeah king thats what i'm learning.. my current cutting, it isn't shrivled and dead, but it's not looking good.. how long do cuttings take to shrival and die? this thing as been going for almost 2 weeks.. this weekend when i do my first cutting i'm gonna try the "water in a glass" method.. by tomorrow the clone spots should be around 3-5" so hopefully they'll root, and i'll know if this is a female or male.. if all this work turns into a male.. oooohhh boy.. i'm gonna be aggravated.. but i'm staying positive.. lol PositveGrape..

My guess is they're already dead, and are just drying now. I flushed a ton when I ran into a problem with plants looking like they were drying up, and in the end the ended up dead, no matter how much I flushed.

Yea i finally flushed the ones from 2 weeks ago.. it was sad, but i guess it had to happen.. The little girl is sleeping right now, but as soon as she wakes up at noon, i'll be playing with her. Today is the day i will be cloning. Now how many clones can i take at one time? i don't want to stress her to much. i was also gonna do a little defoliation just to open her up on the lower growth.. she is really starting to take off like a weed. it's amazing. i will also be watering and feeding at 1/3 strength nutes.. thats what i did last time, and she really seems to enjoy it.. pics to come when all this sunday madness goes down.. thanks again guys...

You can take any 4"-5" top of a branch and take a cutting from them but I would leave at least 1 node with at least 2 small new tops emerging left on the plants to rebuild from.

Awesome advice King John.... yeah that was "sorta" my plan. hahaha i moved the lights around 5-7" away from her so she really stretched over the last couple days. i see around 4 good side and lower branches that i think will make excellent clone sites. all sites have new node growth so it should act like a top and promote the double growth.

From my experience taking cuttings about 48 hours after watering(which is about half way to my next watering) is when I get my highest success rates for cloning.

Thank you lab. I've been on a normal watering schedule of about 1 gallon of ph corrected water ever 7 days. i know as she gets bigger i will need to water and feed more.. today is 24 hrs since feeding/watering so i will probably do it later tonight.

Here are some update pics from yesterday when i watered her. Tops look great.. bottom growth looks huge as i leaned her over and she' loving it..
20140713_173002.jpg
20140713_173045.jpg
20140713_173035.jpg
20140713_172939.jpg

this is of the tops. any pre-flowers anyone can see..
20140713_172821.jpg
20140713_172916.jpg

When she wakes up today i'll be cloning in solo cups. i'm gonna try the water method. heres my plan:

1 solo cup
1 6x6 pice of seran wrap
1 rubber band
1 fresh clone
1 Rootech Gel
1 "cut gaterade bottle" HUMIDITY DOME

After dressing the clone, i'm going to cover the solo cup with the wrap. poke a very tiny hole, just big enough for the clone, and slide it thru until the stem is in the water. then covering with the humidity dome.

Now i will be doing 4 of these, ranging from 3" to 6". lets hope this works. Once rooted, these babies will go straight to 12/12 for 2 weeks and 10-14 for the remaining time. I'm not looking for yield here. i'm looking for sex and type of product as this was a bagseed.

Any comments, questions, concerns?? Thanks again for everything guys.. Happy MONDAY!!!!!!

Thanks Antics.. This is so awesome watching this little girl grow.. this really is a fascinating hobby.. with such GREAT rewards..

So as of today i'm a month into veg. It was such a slow start with the sun.. lol but she is def catching up quite nice.. I will be taking some clones in a few hours so stay tuned for pics.. fingers crossed this goes well.. :)

thanks again for all the amazing info..

When cloning in water like you are planing, shaking the water up a little once or twice a day will help to oxygenate it a little, which will help with rooting.

Good luck.

i read on another board to put a straw into the water, then when wrap the top, poke that thru to, so then once a day you can just blow some bubbles into the cup. is that a viable option as well?

Considering the amount of bacteria in a human mouth, plus the fact that we exhale mostly CO2 as labexperiment pointed out, I'd say no to the idea. I think the risk of introducing harmful bacteria to my clones roots is enough to steer me clear of the idea.

I also wouldn't be putting my mouth on anything that could contain some sort of nutrients, whether they're synthetic or organic nutes.

That's why you didn't see it on this forum :)

Shaking works for me, I always shake my water and nutes vigorously before feeding/watering.

Considering the amount of bacteria in a human mouth, plus the fact that we exhale mostly CO2 as labexperiment pointed out, I'd say no to the idea. I think the risk of introducing harmful bacteria to my clones roots is enough to steer me clear of the idea.

I also wouldn't be putting my mouth on anything that could contain some sort of nutrients, whether they're synthetic or organic nutes.

That's why you didn't see it on this forum :)

Shaking works for me, I always shake my water and nutes vigorously before feeding/watering.

HAHAHAHAHAHA you know.. your so right.. i saw it and i thought it was a good idea.. and now once you start bringing up those points, you are all very correct.. never going back to other said board every again.. i'm :420: for life!! hahahahaha

I can not see any signs of sex yet in the photographs of your plant.

Thanks King.. I'm sure i'm just eager.. lol Patience.. shewwww..

Anyways, yesterday i had planes to clone, but dealt with hell in the office.. oh the corporate world we live in.. lol so by the end of my day, i was ready to relax, :lot-o-toke: and forget about the madness.. So, today hopefully will be the day.. lots of pics to come..

hey man we are kinda doing the same thing..and I also used some fertilizer that pissed my plants off..but.. with help from these kind folks I flushed her ,,and she bounced rite back...good luck man i will be watching:thumb:

hey man we are kinda doing the same thing..and I also used some fertilizer that pissed my plants off..but.. with help from these kind folks I flushed her ,,and she bounced rite back...good luck man i will be watching:thumb:

Hey Rick.. thanks for the sub buddy.. yeah what i did, and if your a newbie DONT DO THIS!!!!!, was i added the Earth Grow Rainbow mix (5-5-2) right into my 3 gal pot. Don't do this.. thats what pissed off the little girl.. once i re-potted, and flushed, she's been taking off like a weed.. other then that, it's been pretty standard stuff.. i used the same nutes, at 1/3 strength to feed. I've been using 1/2 table spoon in a 1/2 gallon of water.. then run thru another 1/2 gallon of just pure PH'd water.. and she's seems to really love it.. then after the topping.. wow.. i'm up to 7 main tops all getting that rad CFL light. it's amazing how little LST was done for such a big result.. so awesome..

Cheers.....

HAHAHAHAHAHA you know.. your so right.. i saw it and i thought it was a good idea.. and now once you start bringing up those points, you are all very correct.. never going back to other said board every again.. i'm :420: for life!! hahahahaha

That's why I'm still here :) I signed up on a few forums, and I even started a grow journal on another, but man, it was so refreshing to find 420 Magazine. Folks here are smart, very knowledgeable on Cannabis growing, as well as medical use, and the maturity level makes it a comfortable place to spend some of my time every day.

Needless to say, that journal is completely abandoned lol.

Anyways man, just keep an eye on those nodes where I circled that shape, that's where I saw all my signs of sex appear, even before I switched to 12/12.

Keep it green brother

UPDATE!!!!

Ok guys it happened.. i just went clone and LST crazy!!!!! hahaha not really but i did have my first experience with cloning, and i also really got in there to bend over those long branches.. i'll be walking you thru this with pictures too.. YAY we love pics.. ok.. so lemme start..

I am roughly 36 hrs after a good feeding/watering.. the girl is looking super healthy.. really growing in leaps and bounds.. so i figure this is a good time to really get in there and play..

SO i set myself up with---
6 clone solo cups. (i rubber banded cut plastic bag and made a tiny slit for the plant to be suspended in the water.) ONLY USED 4!!!
2 gal H2O (ph'd to 6.5)
Rootech clone hormone gel.
1 super sharp knive
1 separate cutting pool of water to cut at 45 degrees.

And so i brought her out to my kitchen table and started to play..
this was the pic before i start chopping and LSTing
20140715_211009.jpg

Heres the after pics:
20140715_214419.jpg
20140715_214449.jpg
20140715_214438.jpg
20140715_211034.jpg
20140715_220002.jpg
20140715_215955.jpg

QUESTIONS COMMENTS CONCERNS???? please some feed back.. i dont' think i went crazy.. but i def had alittle fun... I'm bending over all the top stems.. with the initail bend, i know have 7 stems all at the same height. So i kinda just bent them all over.. i figured the light will be nice for the inside growth and she should really flourish!! hahahaha any comments?

Now to the clones..
i took then from different parts of the mother. i named all the clones and mother now.

Mother = Sherry

Clone 1- Jenni --around 3" in height with 2 addition node and top
Clone 2- The Trinity -- Around 5" in height with 2 LARGE addition node with top
Clone 3- Little Leslie -- The most tiny at less then 3" with 1 node and top
Clone 4- Destiny the 4th -- The largest-- so large i don't have a humidity dome yet. around 6.5" with 3 addition node and top

----Heres pics of the girls in there raised platform area in the VEG cabinet. I figured higher temps and humidity higher up..
20140715_215915.jpg
20140715_220023.jpg

I can't regulate humidity/TEMP to much but i'm in a good range..
20140715_215947.jpg
20140715_215924.jpg

SO thats my first cloning experience.. lets keep our fingers crossed that at least one grows some roots, and i can flower.. that would be amazing if all 4 make it thru.. please comment and let me know anything your thinking.. this was fun tonight.. another great experience brought to you by the garden.. Cheers guys.. Have a green night..
~PositiveGrape

Back
Top Bottom