CFL - Bag Seed - Soil - First Grow

hey grape,,,ddid the same thing sunday..just 1 clone...no rooting hormone..water bottle wrapped in foil ..i think its gonna make it.
i mist it daily...my strategy is keep it alive..my girl is makin white hairs like crazy..much luck to you! :bravo:

80 is on the high end, but it works! I'm constantly struggling to keep my temps down too. Your RH is decent for veg, but is perfect for flowering. You shouldn't have any serious issues with your temp or RH, I have finished plants a little higher than 80.
Keep up the good work, everything looks great!

:thanks: Antics.. yeah with me not having the ventilation up and working yet, the temps pretty much stay around 75-80. once everything is all blocked in and the exhaust is set up i figure i should be able to keep it at 77 with change of air flow.. lol we'll see..
The humidity where i live is normally high, but with this in my closet in the house with the a/c running 20 hours a day, the RH seems to stay right at 50-55%.. so i'll take it.. it's not to hiigh or low..

Good luck on your clones PG. I do mine pretty much the same way and have had good success. I am flowering two clones and a reveg now. Sub'ed :peace:

G-Daddy :welcome: !!!
i'm glad you stopped by.. i'm happy to hear this.. in your growings, taking a clone say, 5" and rooting (taking roughly 7 days) then going straight into 12/12, what kind of flower time am i looking at, as well as yield off one clone? I know those are very broad questions.. any help here is amazing.. i haven't really asked this yet, so i do apologize for the broadness of the question. I don't have any genetics to go by, as this was a bag seed.. thoughts...?

Also g-daddy, on the re-veg? did you do anything special when you harvest her the first time.. i like the idea of a reveg cause it kinda saves you time and effort on starting new plants.. is this something that is easy to do?

Thanks again for being part of my first journal.. so cool to have all the knowledge here to help..

hey grape,,,ddid the same thing sunday..just 1 clone...no rooting hormone..water bottle wrapped in foil ..i think its gonna make it.
i mist it daily...my strategy is keep it alive..my girl is makin white hairs like crazy..much luck to you! :bravo:

Good day rick-
i'm gonna have to go see some pics.. i'm curious with the foil and all.. i haven't seen any hair action what so ever, i'm cloning right now for the purpose of sexing the plant. it was a bag seed our of some of the purplest/blackest bud i've ever seen. i'm hoping she's gonna be female, cause then the potential of a SOG set up may be in my future..

Now rick, have you done this method before? water bottle, no hormone and foil? if so what kind of growth, time frame, and yield did you end up with?? i'm very interested in your answers here.. thanks again for stopping by.. and yes, my daily strategy is don't kill the little girls.. hahahahaha

Soooo again guys, i just want to thank each and every one of you for all the support.. we joke in earlier post about the quality of other forums and THIS forum. I will contest to this 100% that has a newbie to growing anything other then my amazing beard :hippy:, the information, people, post, and knowledge found on :420: is absolutely amazing.. This is truly one of the best forums i've come across in my 20+ years of using the interwebs.. i work in the technology/marketing field and deal with forums/advertising/marketing/PR on a daily basis and there are million dollar forums out there, that aren't anywhere as reputable as this forum. You guys have got a true gem here. Thanks for welcoming me in.
:ciao:
~PG

nope 1st clone..I did it this way because i pulled a seedling that wopperjawed..tossed it in a cup of water..2 weeks later..its got lotsa roots gowing towards the light..( now I tell all my girls...dont be afraid go into the light..)..so guy on u tube said he got 50% return.
what the hell?

nope 1st clone..I did it this way because i pulled a seedling that wopperjawed..tossed it in a cup of water..2 weeks later..its got lotsa roots gowing towards the light..( now I tell all my girls...dont be afraid go into the light..)..so guy on u tube said he got 50% return.
what the hell?

hmm interesting.. i hope i can get atleast 1 to survive and root. i watched alot of YT videos out there. theres alot of dumb ppl growing some beautiful plants.. if they can do it, why can't i..
:ganjamon:

G-Daddy :welcome: !!!
i'm glad you stopped by.. i'm happy to hear this.. in your growings, taking a clone say, 5" and rooting (taking roughly 7 days) then going straight into 12/12, what kind of flower time am i looking at, as well as yield off one clone? I know those are very broad questions.. any help here is amazing.. i haven't really asked this yet, so i do apologize for the broadness of the question. I don't have any genetics to go by, as this was a bag seed.. thoughts...?

Also g-daddy, on the re-veg? did you do anything special when you harvest her the first time.. i like the idea of a reveg cause it kinda saves you time and effort on starting new plants.. is this something that is easy to do?

Thanks again for being part of my first journal.. so cool to have all the knowledge here to help..

High ya PG
On your question about the clones, I have done a few clones and went straight to 12/12 plants were small and yielded 18 grams dry or less. They were grown hempy style.now I grow organic in dirt, veg for 4 weeks then flip, growing mostly indica strains 7 to 8 weeks flower. Just finished a Super Silver Haze grow,my first sativa I was told to put in 12/12 when it got its first true leaves, of course I veged for almost 3 weeks and ended up with a 5.5 ft plant in my closet:laughtwo: I did get 66 dry grams from her. One more thing on starting the clones, I use a small bud vase about 2.5 in dia and keep it filled with oxygenates water every 2 days. I have a 2 gai bucket with 2 air stones running all the time.
Reveg in simple, when you harvest,leave some small buds and leaves on the bottom of the plant, give her a nice dose of nitrogen, and put her on a 18/6 hours of light/dark.be sure to use the 6200 k lights on her.
Good luck bro! :peace:

High ya PG
On your question about the clones, I have done a few clones and went straight to 12/12 plants were small and yielded 18 grams dry or less. They were grown hempy style.now I grow organic in dirt, veg for 4 weeks then flip, growing mostly indica strains 7 to 8 weeks flower. Just finished a Super Silver Haze grow,my first sativa I was told to put in 12/12 when it got its first true leaves, of course I veged for almost 3 weeks and ended up with a 5.5 ft plant in my closet:laughtwo: I did get 66 dry grams from her. One more thing on starting the clones, I use a small bud vase about 2.5 in dia and keep it filled with oxygenates water every 2 days. I have a 2 gal bucket with 2 air stones running all the time.
Reveg in simple, when you harvest,leave some small buds and leaves on the bottom of the plant, give her a nice dose of nitrogen, and put her on a 18/6 hours of light/dark.be sure to use the 6200 k lights on her.
Good luck bro! :peace:

Hmm interesting.. i'm ok with the small yeild at first, again it's just for sex not for smoke.. hahahahaha that just sounds so wrong...
Yeah i def dont' have the space for anything big.. my veg is 35" max and the flower is about 42" max.. i do have some decent width tho as both cab are around 45".. Thats why i'm going all crazy with the LST to try to keep her low.. i gotta say tho.. she's loving it.. every bit of it.. i thought i would have alittle bit of slow growth, cause i chopped her up and tied her down, but i think she liked it even more.. the new tops are growing like crazy and everything is pointing back towards the sky.. love it.. makes me think she's really happy.. :woohoo:

man i would love 18 grams from one clone plant.. (1 gram of decent in my world is $20 bucks) if this plant is a female, and i like the smoke, i'm gonna set up a 3 week sea of green.. hopefully with a 3 week break i can keep the mother healthy and provide myself with a constant smoke.. anyone have any tips or tricks here?

G-daddy i wish i had the clone set up like you do.. i have a bait bucket bubbler that is kinda like an airstone.. you think i could convert that into a decent oxygenator for the clones.. I'm slowly understanding how important extra oxygen can be to root growth.. that seems to make or break the clones...

Now i wanna put this out there.. i'm not proud of it but i'm gonna do it..
You said to reveg with 6500K lights.. you are aware that all my lights are 2100-2700K right now right? Because of the fact that this needed to be cost effective, i'm using all the CFL's i had in the house.. none were the daylight.. all in that lower kelvin range.. i know this is better for flower then veg, but shelly seems to be loving it.. Can or will this cause me any issues down the road in your experience?

Just a side note on re-vegging, it can take up to 2 months for her to recover from flowering and have 3 blade leafs again.

Ewww thats gross. Lab is there anything i can do to help keep the plant a little bit healthy with the plan of a re-veg. Now with that being said, i certainly don't want to try to keep it healthily for re-veg, and loose quality or yield of the crop. I figure there has to be some happy medium here..

Thanks for everything rock stars.. also this was my first time voting for the :420: monthly contest.. WOW talk about something to strieve for.. And just so you know, if you helping me on this thread, and your in any of those contest, you know where my vote went.. Good luck out there guys.. Stay safe and keep it green..
~PG

poppin in here...the grow in dirt got my attn..my girl vegged 28 days is all she is doin ok..but...in dirt on the cheap(like me)..just gonna take more time ...dont ya think? its 38 days 10 of 12/12..now.she is really stretchin..not sure I like it I have room for a large plant my closet has 10 ft ceilings ..big means more lite ..rite? to distribute effectively. ok IM stoned!:peace:

poppin in here...the grow in dirt got my attn..my girl vegged 28 days is all she is doin ok..but...in dirt on the cheap(like me)..just gonna take more time ...dont ya think? its 38 days 10 of 12/12..now.she is really stretchin..not sure I like it I have room for a large plant my closet has 10 ft ceilings ..big means more lite ..rite? to distribute effectively. ok IM stoned!:peace:

hahahahaha this could quite possibly be the best post in this thread yet.. lol i'm going to try and desifer the stonyness of this and see what happenss...

:lot-o-toke::ganjamon::Rasta::tokin::blunt::roorrip::idea:

ok so if the dirt grow got your attention, i understand. i do find myself skipping over all the hydro and DWC threads to find something similar to my set up.. i do use the Fox Farms Ocean Forest mix, and i gotta say, from the very beginning she's loved it.. Now the first 2 "sorta" clones i took hated it.. but i understand that this mix is too "hot" for such a young little plant.. (hahaha look at me using the correct-ish terminology!!)

Now regarding my thoughts on anything thats hydro as a grow medium.. i love the idea, and i'm sure one day i'll move to that cause it's obviously the better way to grow.. (as seen thru journals, before and after pics, and general knowledge of growing) as i see it too it's also seems easier to regulate the PH and nute levels as well.. but as a newbie starting with good soil i think is very important.. this was started as a super cheap grow. but i figured if i was gonna get anything really worth smoking i should start with the basic component being good.

Now regarding on taking more time? i don't know honestly.. i'm to new to answer that.. i know that ppl have put seed to 12/12 and have got a decent yield for what it is.. (virtually no veg time) i started super slow but now she's taking off on me.. i'm over 55 days in veg.. but i started really really slow.. lol

With the question bigger plant = more light.. i'm gonna go with maybe.. i think it's really all how you distribute that light.. obviously with more light you have to do less distribution cause you working with more of the product (light).. this would i think be common sense, but i could be looking at it all wrong.. hahahaha i know with my setup, i'm moving stuff around every day.. i'm trying to get a good even canopy with the most top cola's.. right now i'm up to 7 and working on 8 and 9..

i wish i had a 10 ft ceiling.. lol 35 inches.. thats what this guys workin with.. lol

Keep it green..
~PG

thanks Grape....this is my 1 st...jf you ck my journal..I started some plants in freakin boxs!...lol but..I caught the bug..im in!.lovin growin just wanna grow some bud worth smokin!!!! and have happy plants!..regarding lighting...what do you know about 4 pin setups?..my local store has 4 pin 65 watt cool looking bulbs for next to nothin..like $5 and yeah.. I rotate my girls 3 times a daylight..and although I am confident on making an inexpensive hydro system..gonna stick with dirt!..hell..its what we are made of ! lol..baked again..maybe I should slow down?...NOT!

thanks Grape....this is my 1 st...jf you ck my journal..I started some plants in freakin boxs!...lol but..I caught the bug..im in!.lovin growin just wanna grow some bud worth smokin!!!! and have happy plants!..regarding lighting...what do you know about 4 pin setups?..my local store has 4 pin 65 watt cool looking bulbs for next to nothin..like $5 and yeah.. I rotate my girls 3 times a daylight..and although I am confident on making an inexpensive hydro system..gonna stick with dirt!..hell..its what we are made of ! lol..baked again..maybe I should slow down?...NOT!

EPIC!!! yeah i think i caught the bug as well.. it's a very enjoyable hobby with great rewards.. regarding the 4 pin, i know you have to get a separate ballast which is were the money part comes in.. i'm not sure of the cost..

yeah i'll probably end up with a hyrdro system as well. i'm happy with soil for the now..

Now for the update..

when she woke up this morning.. still looking fresh and happy.. i did notice these those=====

20140717_120400.jpg
20140717_120356.jpg
20140717_120335.jpg
20140717_115833.jpg
20140717_115909.jpg
20140717_120249.jpg
20140717_115829.jpg

these aren't balls are they? i'm hoping that there just calyax's or whatever.. this is about as clear as a photo i can come up with.. i'm ordering a cheap loupe from amazon.. any comments here guys?

thanks as always..
~PG

Quote Originally Posted by labexperiment View Post
Just a side note on re-vegging, it can take up to 2 months for her to recover from flowering and have 3 blade leafs again.

Ewww thats gross. Lab is there anything i can do to help keep the plant a little bit healthy with the plan of a re-veg. Now with that being said, i certainly don't want to try to keep it healthily for re-veg, and loose quality or yield of the crop. I figure there has to be some happy medium here..

Response:
Following your regular watering when she is dry and giving grow nutrients instead of flower nutrients should keep her healthy.
To my knowledge there is no loss of quality or yield the next time you flower her.
Remember to leave a few(2 or 3 small) buds on her when harvesting if you are going to re-veg.

Quote Originally Posted by labexperiment

Response:
Following your regular watering when she is dry and giving grow nutrients instead of flower nutrients should keep her healthy.
To my knowledge there is no loss of quality or yield the next time you flower her.
Remember to leave a few(2 or 3 small) buds on her when harvesting if you are going to re-veg.

Ok so your saying never switch over to flower nutes? just stay with the same veg nutes i've been using thru the whole grow?
now outta curiosity why do you leave the few buds.. just to trick her into going back into veg and still having some life on her?

also is this true with the time-frame brought up above? up to 3 months?

thanks again for the clarification..

You should give your plant flowering nutrients at the appropriate time when you are flowering your plant. If you chose to attempt to re vegetate your cannabis plant you should leave several small buds where the plant may grow new growth in vegetative growth and feed the re vegetative plant vegetative nutrients. It can take several months until a plant re vegetates from flowering and is growing new vegetative growth.

Back
Top Bottom