Conradino23's Another Outdoor Grow With High Brix Soil - Air-Pots & SoCal Seed Stock

Re: Conradino23's Another Outdoor Grow With High Brix Soil - Air-Pots & SoCal Seed St

He'll or she'll stretch a bit and won't produce a lot of side branches, but smoke will be excellent :thumb:

Re: Conradino23's Another Outdoor Grow With High Brix Soil - Air-Pots & SoCal Seed St

hey conrad just finished spraying all the girls with captain jack trying to get rid of the thrips i hated spraying my budded plants with that shit but can't leave them on there hope it works!

I feel you, man. Thrips are pain in the ass. Upping RH works well, cause they move around only when it's dry and hot, but in flowering it's risky. Well l hope your treatment works.

I feel you, man. Thrips are pain in the ass. Upping RH works well, cause they move around only when it's dry and hot, but in flowering it's risky. Well l hope your treatment works.

i no i didn't like doing that to them but i will say that they look just fine this morning and it still smells like fruit in there lol i took my loupe and looked at them and couldn't find any but ill need to give a few days then ill start checking again I'm glad i caught them early there was just a few here and there i couldn't find any on a couple of them but i treated all of them will see what comes of it,its crazy the m2 and sssdh are starting to go and they look a lot alike just posted a couple pics of the little budsters!

Hey Conrad, I managed to get my paws on 3 Ultra Dog F2 and 3 of the F3's. Just sunk 2 of the F3's tonight. What generation are your seeds? I'm wondering about that blueberry pheno. I know it's a long shot but I can hope. I'm no expert in breeding but I would assume there are fewer phenotypes the higher the F number?

Drive by... Tead is 100% right... I can't use my HID in the dead summer... Well I can, them hot days I dial down the wattage...... But heat is always a big thing,,, but is 100% workable with a good air cooled hood like a cool tube''' in a tent.. I don't like these purple things so far to start my spouts.. Least that's all I've ever tried... So far. But they are 'cooler''''.. I damn near need to heat my tent in the garage?? I just shut down my LED for my HID there. LED temps ran 65 degrees in drit on the ground,,,,, My 600 watter in a 4X4 is about 78-80 degrees. But in the dead of summer I run a 400 watter,, and I run a open hood,,, a cheap one......

BTW I gifted Lazyfish some of them UD seed................ I think he's going to pick your brain abit............ GL and Keepem Green my Friend

Hey Conrad, I managed to get my paws on 3 Ultra Dog F2 and 3 of the F3's. Just sunk 2 of the F3's tonight. What generation are your seeds? I'm wondering about that blueberry pheno. I know it's a long shot but I can hope. I'm no expert in breeding but I would assume there are fewer phenotypes the higher the F number?
It's in the F2 generation that he found it. I'm planning on open pollinating the F2s I got and I'm hoping to find it in the F3s I get. Good luck. Con mentioned it's about a 1 in 50 from what he's seen.

i no i didn't like doing that to them but i will say that they look just fine this morning and it still smells like fruit in there lol i took my loupe and looked at them and couldn't find any but ill need to give a few days then ill start checking again I'm glad i caught them early there was just a few here and there i couldn't find any on a couple of them but i treated all of them will see what comes of it,its crazy the m2 and sssdh are starting to go and they look a lot alike just posted a couple pics of the little budsters!

It seems you have it under control. Just check for bugs every morning, that's when they start wandering around :thumb:

I only saw it this year, so you have to assume it's a rare one. Maybe you'd have to pop 50 or maybe 100 seeds to find it. The best advice I can give on this strain is grow until it's mature, clone it, flower the mother, check for the effect and keep or toss the clones if you like the smoke. If the smoke is lacking, then start all over again until you find the right plant. Usually it's not that hard, but you can always stumble upon less than excellent phenos, cause F2 and F3 is a mixed bag.

Be sure to consider the heat impact of your lighting choice.
The difference between an HID and an LED is quite significant.
It's deep into November and I still have to turn on the AC when I turn on the HID.

I'll be sure to do that.

Drive by... Tead is 100% right... I can't use my HID in the dead summer... Well I can, them hot days I dial down the wattage...... But heat is always a big thing,,, but is 100% workable with a good air cooled hood like a cool tube''' in a tent.. I don't like these purple things so far to start my spouts.. Least that's all I've ever tried... So far. But they are 'cooler''''.. I damn near need to heat my tent in the garage?? I just shut down my LED for my HID there. LED temps ran 65 degrees in drit on the ground,,,,, My 600 watter in a 4X4 is about 78-80 degrees. But in the dead of summer I run a 400 watter,, and I run a open hood,,, a cheap one......

BTW I gifted Lazyfish some of them UD seed................ I think he's going to pick your brain abit............ GL and Keepem Green my Friend

I know, he's already contacted me.

It's in the F2 generation that he found it. I'm planning on open pollinating the F2s I got and I'm hoping to find it in the F3s I get. Good luck. Con mentioned it's about a 1 in 50 from what he's seen.

Yeah that's about right.

Good news :thumb:

when i go into the gr the smell is orange peel from the two tc add in the lsc and its very fruity in there its not a smell I'm used to its usually some sort of skunky smell!:cheesygrinsmiley:

hey conrad heres a couple bud pics from the m2 in training!
DSC_005560.jpg
DSC_005661.jpg

Hi Conrad, I'm dropping by with a quick question for you. When you make your stinging nettle tea, do you do the whole ferment process or is it a steeped tea (or something else entirely)?

And (ok, so there's 2 questions ;)), you refer in previous journals to the Lacto and Acidophilus you add - I'm currently making an LABs (Lactobacillus starter) and am wondering will this just have acidophilus in it as well or do I need to do something different/extra to get that?

Assuming of course you still use both of these ...

Ciao :)

So you just toss nettle plants into a bucket of wa'er without the root mashed if you have time and let them dissolve over a week or so (it really depends on the temps). You can strain it later to catch all these stems that have more silica and they take longer to be broken down, but it's not necessary. It's a self-brewing tea. There's loads of bacteria living on this plant, so it's ready as soon you can see the foam disappear (that will be a sign of cooking). Later you either spray or use it as a soil fertiliser or both.

With LAB rice wash catches all the bacteria necessary for the process of colonising. It's the same thing as petri dish with agar. After adding milk lactobacillus starts dominating, cause it digests the lactose very quickly and starts multiplying.

I hope that helps :passitleft:

Ciao :)

So you just toss nettle plants into a bucket of wa'er without the root mashed if you have time and let them dissolve over a week or so (it really depends on the temps). You can strain it later to catch all these stems that have more silica and they take longer to be broken down, but it's not necessary. It's a self-brewing tea. There's loads of bacteria living on this plant, so it's ready as soon you can see the foam disappear (that will be a sign of cooking). Later you either spray or use it as a soil fertiliser or both.

With LAB rice wash catches all the bacteria necessary for the process of colonising. It's the same thing as petri dish with agar. After adding milk lactobacillus starts dominating, cause it digests the lactose very quickly and starts multiplying.

I hope that helps :passitleft:

Yeah it did thanks. My LAB was ready a couple of days ago and I used it for the first time yesterday in a seaweed tea (from seaweed that's been brewing for 6 weeks .). A friend dropped of a huge bunch of nettle for me yesterday so today I'll get to it!

Thanks C

:circle-of-love:

Thx man, everything's good here :)

Hey Con.... Merry X-mas my friend........... Hope you have a great NewYears... When you get close to firing up an interior crop.... Yell at me... We'll see what I have doubles on in the way of genetics. And take it from there. I hate to be one to say this,,,,,, once you go inside with your grows,,, and sounds like that wood be a wise choice for now, you will enjoy it 10 times as much... Unless you live in a perfect place with great light and R/H and water... Even starting out with a good base soil,,, and you play father nature, you can bud them suckers as near perfect as possible. No lack of water/food/light to cut into a plants abilities to max out as far as production of what you want....

Babble... Have a Great Holiday and Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom