Crawdaddy's 2014 Summer Outdoor Season

Craw, looking fabulous my friend! I am in awe at how you matter of factly say it is 90 out. What temperature do you keep the greenhouse, and how do you keep it cool?

I would LOVE to grow all summer in a small greenhouse on the deck. I fear it would just get to be 140 degrees in there.

Craw, looking fabulous my friend! I am in awe at how you matter of factly say it is 90 out. What temperature do you keep the greenhouse, and how do you keep it cool?

I would LOVE to grow all summer in a small greenhouse on the deck. I fear it would just get to be 140 degrees in there.

Well it is a dry heat here, I used to live in KY so I know what the humidity like, ti would be like a steam house in there if had the greenhouses back in KY. The greenhouses have big vents along the bottom and air flow keeps it bearable in there, on the hot does i spray them down a time or two a day and the water evaporates cooling them.

and thank you!

Just taking a peek. Hope you have some good air flow in there. Well as much wind as we're seeing coming down the Gorge that's not a problem today. That wind done knocked acouple of my girls over already. Had to make sure every pot was soaking wet to keep them from falling over. GL and Keepem Green

Just taking a peek. Hope you have some good air flow in there. Well as much wind as we're seeing coming down the Gorge that's not a problem today. That wind done knocked acouple of my girls over already. Had to make sure every pot was soaking wet to keep them from falling over. GL and Keepem Green

Yea the bottom foot of the sides is completely open. When the storms come it really helps to keep plants dry.

I am in the Gorge, well a mile north of river at about 1000 feet, but in a fairly protected area, it still can get breezy though. This pressure gradient is really going to get the West part of gorge though, i more in the west/middle. But these plants are so spoiled they would fall over quickly if put out in wind.

"BREAKING NEWS" Local Hero grows trees and saves a forest.
Congratulations Crawdaddy you've turned me into a tree hugger. (can I say that out loud).

Harvest is still weeks away, these plants took a while to get started. I am hoping to do it in stages, plant by plant, the 3 in soil should be done alot sooner then the 2 'capn style' plants. I got a walk in closet that I move everything out of for harvests this size.

Weekly Photo Shoot!

Sorry if to many pictures, I got alot of plant area to get shots of :) and trying to show their size is hard in greenhouse small space..

Anyhow, weather has been great last week, sunny dry and mild. around 40 at night so a bit chilly, but 70-80 during day.

I just wish these plants, particularly the Crimea Blue, would hurry up. Early season storm/freeze always worries me. any how enough talk here the pics, 3 in soil are first followed by the 2 'Capn Style' plants.

Blueberry...
DSCN26472.JPG
DSCN26482.JPG
DSCN26515.JPG
DSCN26493.JPG
DSCN26502.JPG
DSCN26523.JPG

Critical..
DSCN26533.JPG
DSCN26542.JPG
DSCN26553.JPG
DSCN26563.JPG
DSCN26573.JPG
DSCN26583.JPG

FlowerBomb Kush...
DSCN26733.JPG
DSCN26743.JPG
DSCN26753.JPG
DSCN26762.JPG

DSCN26792.JPG

Crimea Blue...
DSCN26593.JPG
DSCN26603.JPG
DSCN26614.JPG
DSCN26623.JPG
DSCN26634.JPG
DSCN26641.JPG
DSCN26662.JPG

Vanilla Kush
DSCN26673.JPG
DSCN26683.JPG
DSCN26691.JPG
DSCN26704.JPG
DSCN26712.JPG

Anyone got a chainsaw i can use LOL, remember that is 12" drip ring!
DSCN26773.JPG
DSCN26782.JPG

and a bonus shot of the 5 little girls in corner...
DSCN26653.JPG

Back
Top Bottom