Crawdaddy's 2014 Summer Outdoor Season

:reading420magazine: :bong: :reading420magazine: :rollit::nomo: :nicethread: all caught up now

Awesome plants - just beautiful - and a drool-worthy setup! :welldone:

:thumb: :circle-of-love:

and on off-topic - I saw the Beatles in Cambridge, England in 1964 - a year before they did the Ed Sullivan Show - yeah - I'm one of them old farts!

and I'm glad those white flecks are not some dreaded whatever!

Thanks Slow-Gro!

Got home today and the two hydro plants Resevoirs where down to a gallon or two, I filled then up with 10 gallons each only 2 days ago. It has even been kind of cool, but sunny, last two days. do plants soak up more water as they start budding then in veg?

Yes, I have noticed how cannabis requires a decent bit more water during the first few weeks of flower than it does at other points in life, such as vegetation or late flower. :surf:

Yes, I have noticed how cannabis requires a decent bit more water during the first few weeks of flower than it does at other points in life, such as vegetation or late flower. :surf:

+1.

Looking soooo good, CD. Are you going to top those babies? I bet you could give them a 6" hair cut no problem. If not, I think buds will grow right into the ceiling?

I'd give s1ing's left nut to have that greenhouse in my back yard.

Looking soooo good, CD. Are you going to top those babies? I bet you could give them a 6" hair cut no problem. If not, I think buds will grow right into the ceiling?

I have been super cropping the tallest branches, but on the Crimea blue (the taller one) almost every branch has been supercropped LOL. I may have to get some more on the Crimea Blue but I think the Vanilla Kush will not need any, I just may have to move it a bit to get tallest branches under highest point of greenhouse.

Next year I am thinking I grow only two plants in the greenhouse, with 2 screens. One screen about a foot or two above the root level that is 3X3 for each plant. Fill that screen nice and even by first of July. Then another screen about 1-2 feet above that one that is 5X5 and train to it till about 8/1 or 8/7. then let them go from there.

I also am going ot try and engineer a res system/Pot that does not take up nearly as much vertical space, yet still has plenty of room for LARGE root mass. Thinking of maybe using these brute totes as a pot with a bunch of holes drilled in it instead of the tall 15 gallon airpot. I can wait to see what they root system looks like when I chop these babies.

So here is a weekly update, every thing looking pretty good, two biggest issues are...

1. Some early yellowing on the Critical and Blueberry in Soil, been giving them some Grow big along with normal flowering nutes. Probably only one more treatment of that.

2. The Crimea Blue Capn style is just too tall, keep having to super crop branches, but I am hoping to be close to done, then we will finish thinning her out. I do have an idea that may give me 4-6" more clearance, need to make trip to store for supplies.

anyhow here are the pics, not the best quality these plants so big and not alot of space in greenhouse to get good angle for shots.

Vanilla Kush (Capn Style)
DSCN24274.JPG
DSCN24283.JPG
DSCN24295.JPG
DSCN24304.JPG
DSCN24316.JPG

Crimea Blue (Capn Style)
DSCN24325.JPG
DSCN24335.JPG
DSCN24346.JPG

5 little ones, 3 X Bubblegum, Fruity Chronic Juice and Strawberry Blue (Capn Style)
DSCN24355.JPG

Critical
DSCN24366.JPG
DSCN24377.JPG
DSCN24387.JPG

Blueberry
DSCN24395.JPG
DSCN24404.JPG
DSCN24414.JPG

Flowerbomb Kush hiding in the apple tree
DSCN24426.JPG
DSCN24436.JPG
DSCN24444.JPG

Flower bomb is approaching the fence top soon!!!

You know I always look at journals and see if I can come up with something constructive to say. But I look at all these pictures and besides needing a hair cut, I can't even think of anything. These things are beasts. I see no burnt tips, no spots, everything looks like it could be in a magazine.

For the noobs reading this.... this isn't easy. It takes a lot of dedication and babysitting to have so many large plants that look this good (and this is just his outdoor stuff).

Keep up the good work, buddy. You better take a week off work when these things finish. You're going to be trimming for days. Wish I could help ya. NOT!

Looking fwd to pictures when they really start budding out.

thanks so much Capn', I still have loads of room for improvement!

I am bored at work, well more like frustrated been trouble shooting same problem all day and not got anywhere so need a break, so I made a few quick mock ups in Paint to show my new irrigation method, that gives me a precious 6-8" for tops of plants...

Red is the greenhouse/ground/resevoirs
Green is plant
Purp is water hoses
Black is pot.

Old set up...
old_set_up.jpg
New97.jpg

I simply have a 'tray' instead of a reservoir that the plant sits in and an extra pump that pumps water back UP into reservoir. My biggest problem now is extra water pump i have does not suck to a low level leaving some water sitting in tray, so I orders a sump pump on Amazon for $40 that will suck down to an 1/8", see if that works better. This has given my plants enough room that I am not worried, right now, that the tops will touch the top of the greenhouse, being a source for bod rot/mold.

Scary thing is the plants about fell over as I was moving. One thing I am noticing growing 'Capn Style' is not as much support from roots as in soil...

Capn, is this just me?, or is this a weakness of your style? if just me, any suggestions? I been tieing up for now.

Took some pics today as I was refilling/nuting up res, I now have a single res for both plants, so going to have to refill with 2X4 gallon bucket refills a day.

As you can see ALOT more room at tops now...
DSCN24463.JPG
DSCN24474.JPG
DSCN24484.JPG

Here is the new irrigation system, only problem is the little bit it leaves in bottom of 'trays' holding pots...
DSCN24533.JPG
DSCN24543.JPG
DSCN24554.JPG
DSCN24565.JPG

Here are some Vanilla Kush baby buds
DSCN24492.JPG
DSCN24503.JPG

And Crimea blue baby buds..
DSCN24515.JPG
DSCN24523.JPG

this is what it looks like from my seat by res, it a jungle..
DSCN24575.JPG
DSCN24583.JPG

And the 5 babies just to my right when i sit there, look a bit different then the biggies...
DSCN24594.JPG

And a question, my beagle puppy will not stop drinking the water, is it going to hurt her? I find a living frog in my res other day lol.

Scary thing is the plants about fell over as I was moving. One thing I am noticing growing 'Capn Style' is not as much support from roots as in soil...

Capn, is this just me?, or is this a weakness of your style? if just me, any suggestions? I been tieing up for now.

If i don't scrog,just let them get natural,I have to tie them to the wall,my plants never get above 4 foot,so I can just imagine how top heavy yours will be,freakin awesome looking crawdaddy

Looking awesome, Crawdaddy!

I thought you said way back that you might raise the greenhouse on 8" blocks?

Back
Top Bottom