Crawdaddy's 2014 Summer Outdoor Season

Okay so been a while but here is good photo update.

Everything is looking great, as of now my biggest concern is having enough space, mostly vertical. May have to move the BVK and BCB more to middle where greenhouse is 10 feet instead of 8, but currently the middle is my pathway, if I have too I will figure something out. They also got 1000 predator mites as a preventative measure dispersed amongst them earlier this week, you may see some flecks on the leaves, that is the pieices of corn they package the predator mites in, just got dose of beneficial tea now.

Been hot the last week, only the BCB has shown any outward effect, slightly curled up leaf edges, not to bad today as been cloudy as T-storms in area.

Here is an overall shot. for the Individual shots will start with Critical in back right and go coutner clockwise, the 2 plants in front right are my g/f's and she has details on those in her journal. Individual shots will have one of the overall plant, a close up of growth, and a stem/stalk/trunk shot, are the trunks yet or still stalks? LOL guess matter of opinion.
DSCN23363.JPG

Here is the Critical, nice plant, needs a bit of TLC sometime in next week to get rid of a lot of under growth.
DSCN23374.JPG
DSCN23386.JPG
DSCN23396.JPG

Next is the Big Blueberry, this is my biggest plant, maybe needs some more grow ferts, looking VERY slightly pale.
DSCN23406.JPG
DSCN23418.JPG
DSCN23428.JPG

Next is the Flowerbomb Kush hiding in the back corner, she is not the biggest plant, but some of the most vigor and thickest stems, her mom produced some VERY dense buds under LED so expecting a nice return.
DSCN23438.JPG
DSCN23448.JPG
DSCN23454.JPG

Here is the Vanilla Kush, the first of the two hydro plants growing 'Capn Style' Ph and PPM been stable, drinking about gallon a day. Still seeing no adverse effects from hotter res temps.
DSCN23465.JPG
DSCN23483.JPG
DSCN23493.JPG

And the second Capn Style plant, the Crimea Blue, she needs a serious thinning to, waiting on it to do it itself some first, it been stretching out a bit...
DSCN23502.JPG
DSCN23514.JPG
DSCN23523.JPG

My overall plant is to start the switch over to flower nutes last week in July. The backed off the highs forecast for next week but still supposed to be upper 90's 3-5 days in a row. I try and mist the plants down a few times a day with garden hose when that hot.

Yeah Wow! Lovely lovely growth in there. Excellent array/assortment of plants there. I can tell the bloom is going to be very dense. It was intriguing to see that faded autoflower in there lol, should be ready to chop that thing any day now ;)

The Blueberry sure is sexy! :goodjob:

Yeah Wow! Lovely lovely growth in there. Excellent array/assortment of plants there. I can tell the bloom is going to be very dense. It was intriguing to see that faded autoflower in there lol, should be ready to chop that thing any day now ;)

The Blueberry sure is sexy! :goodjob:

Lol that little autoflower should have been taken a week or two ago, trying something with it, seeing what happens if I just keep it going for a while.

Well i am back, giving photo update on the greenhouse adventures later today or tomorrow.

I was having serious space issues so bought another 10'X10' greenhouse. Also having to supercrop alot of taller branches, plants to tall.

also had some reveg action, and still not showing buds yet, they better soon.

Good to see you back Crawdaddy, your tent is looking great. How are you liking the hydro grow?

How is Pearl's grow going? She is growing a Strawberry Blue like me.

Her SB is growing inside and been battling mites unfortunatly. I will tell her to post some updates on her thread. Her outdoor plants are doing well though, even better then mine in some ways, she did not seem to get the regrow that I am getting.

So here is an update on my outdoor plants.

As mentioned had to buy another 10'X10' greenhouse because not nearly enough room, even then still running out of room vertically. This has been my biggest challenge and I am approaching by super cropping branches. Tried pulling them down but too woody and stopped that after snapping two large branches clean off.

I probably should have done a SCROG or other training system with the two 'Capn Style' plants, did not expect them to grow this tall. Still not seeing any signs of budding on the two Capn Style plants, Crimea blue and Vanilla Kush, the other 3 are showing some VERY beginning buddage though.

All plants have had some SERIOUS defoliation/lower/secondary branch removal, hard to tell in pics so much plant matter.

So enough talk here are the pics...

Greenhouse #1 entrance shot, dominated by the Vanilla Kush....
DSCN23724.JPG

some Crimea Blue shots...
DSCN23734.JPG
DSCN23743.JPG
DSCN23755.JPG

Here are some of the supercrops, this plant has needed the most probably bent over 15-20 branches so far...
DSCN23768.JPG
DSCN23775.JPG

Here are 5 plants(3X Bubblegum, Fruity Chornic Juice and a Strawberry blue) I just moved outside from inside, not enough room for them inside so figured at a minimum start their flowering out there..
DSCN23783.JPG

Vanilla Kush, this one probably had the most regrow, I pulled out SO many secondary regrow type branches. Still no signs of buds yet, need to get going on that.
DSCN23793.JPG
DSCN23803.JPG
DSCN23814.JPG
DSCN23825.JPG

Here is the Critical, both it and the Blueberry in ProMix have never been as deep green as I like, been feeding them alot too...
DSCN23845.JPG
DSCN23855.JPG
DSCN23873.JPG

Here is a moth that was chilling, hopefully not laying eggs, never had caterpillar problem before...
DSCN23836.JPG

Here is a shot of 2nd tent entrance, it a bit lower then first tent cant see much only plant of mine in here is the Blueberry, the other 2 are the g/f's....
DSCN23884.JPG

BlueBerry..
DSCN23893.JPG
DSCN23904.JPG
DSCN23916.JPG
DSCN23925.JPG

And finally the Flowerbomb Kush that has been put in the yard by the fence and an apple tree. It got put out here cause shortest and needed room in greenhouse, it may get moved back into one of the greenhouses if looks like may get attacked by bud rot as buds form, depends on weather....
DSCN23934.JPG
DSCN23948.JPG
DSCN23954.JPG
DSCN23964.JPG
DSCN23974.JPG

Man,all of those plants look excellent

the cap'n style,will finish with a beer can size stalk.

any issues using the method outdoors?? water temp issues?ph swings? how many gallons a day are they drinking??

Girls are looking great. I used the pro-mix myself this year. I usually use black gold but I got a good deal on my pro-mix so I ended up getting 10 bales so that's what I used. I'm not sure if you amended the soil? I dumped tons of worm, blood, and bone meals along with abit of marine cuisine for a time release fert. Then I've been using some nasty fertilizer called earth juice. Slimy nasty stuff in the bloom bottle. Afew of my girls still seem to stay alittle on the lighter green department. I foliar feed these with some stuff called instant green which seems to help alittle. All my girls are showing flowers today. This moon is waning away which should kick yours in the ass and get then all flowering. I feel that full moon kind of slows the transition period alittle. I found the green house really raises my humidity beyond the acceptable range and PM becomes a problem. I'm thinking of taking the walls of mine out and just leaving the roof next year. I was only able to fit 2 in mine which is a 10' X 16'. I planted them in the ground and they got huge.
Sorry to hear about the mites. Here I was all hopped up about that nuke-em stuff, it seemed to work but reality set in when I lost afew girls after 3 sprayings with it. I'm glad that my flower room is almost empty so I do a complete clean up in there. I plan on going back to what I know,, safers soap. Before I put any plants back in there. I hate them buggers. Hope you get if figured out. Just wanted to see how big your babies got. Looking great Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom