Curso's True High Brix!

Ok so along with those 3 seeds I added the rest of the Chem Valley Kush (3) to make it 4 in total. I want a mom from this and I'll keep her in the true high brix soil. I went to the local hydro shop yesterday and grabbed a clone dome and pad, so the seed's are in rapid rooters and staying warm on this cold winter day. I like the guy at the local hydro shop he's a good guy and I went there with a bud of the Sour Diesel and handed it to him "merry christmas". He was blown away how strong it smelled, I swear the whole store smelled of diesel by the time I had left. It's hard to explain high brix to a hydro user but I tried. When I told him that dense nug came from a 400w lamp he impressed. Then I had to explain that....that isn't even the best possible, the best possible is working...

Ahhhh! California dreaming on such a winters day!

hmm. Well i could maybe do it this time, i thought it required some kind of base nute in addition to the ammendments
what size is the bale of Promix? i got a quote from my local hydro store for a 2.8cuft bale, they said $53 and i cringed, but considering i wouldnt even need to get nutes its pretty fair.
3.8cuft bale bro...you might want to call around that seems really, really pricey. I'm sure Doc would help you work it out to the smaller bag. The other brix soil I have is doing better on the 2nd and 3rd runs in it I just add some worm poop to it and let it rip. So it not like it's a one and done thing, it keeps on giving.

Now that this holiday stuff is over (I hope it was good for everyone) and the end of the year party preparations need to be made, my grow is coming along well :D. I let that Skunk47 seed ride and it's coming along pretty nice. I have started 4 cvk, 1 purple urkle and an ak x ww seed's, they're all in rapid rooters on the seed mat and about to stick their heads up. The clones are coming along great!!! They were a bit bleached out from my "bright" idea but its just about sorted out and everything is almost all nice and green again and is starting to grow some. I have 6 sour diesel and 2 bbg clones in the daisy, just in case.

Today I was super bored so stuff happened :high-five: All the clones that were in the daisy cloner had really nice roots on them so some got a bit of a root trim, all got transplanted into the soil. I have been giving the soil a good mix once a week it has been cooking 20 days today and had a nice little layer of fungus this morning. All the CVK seeds are in soil along with a purple urkle and chilling in 1/2gl pots. The skunk 47 I threw into flower just for shits and giggles in a 1gl pot, this will be the first plant to get the full monty with the kit. I am going to order a new tent hook up today and get rid of this box.
The CVK seeds are in the front, sour diesel on the left, blueberry gum far right and CVK reveg, back left is the purple urkle
IMG_002145.JPG

Sour Diesel
IMG_002246.JPG

Blueberry Gum
IMG_002339.JPG

Skunk 47
IMG_002439.JPG

So yeah everything is cool have some growth on the clones that were already in the soil. I've sprayed them a couple times with stress when they were bleached and they came right back around, fast too.

Really Excited to see this one under way Curso!!! I too would love to see brix readings, the more readings we all take the better we can determine the "zone" of MMJ and high brix :) Sounds like your going to have a fantastic grow here and I can't wait to see Doc's kit in action :) Your last grow looked outstanding and I'm sure this one will be over the top. :)

Really Excited to see this one under way Curso!!! I too would love to see brix readings, the more readings we all take the better we can determine the "zone" of MMJ and high brix :) Sounds like your going to have a fantastic grow here and I can't wait to see Doc's kit in action :) Your last grow looked outstanding and I'm sure this one will be over the top. :)
Thanks a ton Ice!!! Its really funny bro, I'm sure experience has a ton to do with it now like learning how the plants act in this natural environment and with the sprays and such, the 2nd run's in the soil and the plants in smaller pots are looking healthier in my other grow right now. With that being said I cant wait to 2nd run this soil. I think the hardest thing to get used to is "less is more", now that I get it with the spray's, I think you're right this should be a nice grow. Like Doc said somewhere (the instructions I think) if the leaves look healthy and fake, don't spray, it's pointless. I'll order a refractormetor when I order the tent so I can post the results I promise.

Thanks a ton Ice!!! Its really funny bro, I'm sure experience has a ton to do with it now like learning how the plants act in this natural environment and with the sprays and such, the 2nd run's in the soil and the plants in smaller pots are looking healthier in my other grow right now. With that being said I cant wait to 2nd run this soil. I think the hardest thing to get used to is "less is more", now that I get it with the spray's, I think you're right this should be a nice grow. Like Doc said somewhere (the instructions I think) if the leaves look healthy and fake, don't spray, it's pointless. I'll order a refractormetor when I order the tent so I can post the results I promise.

I too wanted to keep "adding nutes" to my High brix attempts and this round I have been doing a water, compost tea, water, soil drench(nutes) and my plants are loving me for it. So far I haven't run into any deficiency problems and so far with this method my plants are the happiest they have ever been :) I am so happy that DocBud introduced us to the HBX growing and that we all are trying it with different strains and slightly different environments to see how far we can take it :) I'm definitely in for this one...btw my refractometer was like 40$ on Amazon, just make sure you get one with ATC or auto temperature calibration and make sure its for sugar up to 32 degrees.

What size tent are you getting, the Lighthouse Hydro ones on Amazon are pretty high quality for being half the price of the more "quality" tents and I am happy with the purchase of my new 2x4. :) 100$

I'm hoping to find another 4x2x5 they fit perfect in the closet and I can keep 400w blasting right on top of my plants without worrying about the heat.

DUDE...you should invest in that Lighthouse hydro tent that I picked up... for 104 bucks its totally worth it. :thumb: I bought the same size tent 2x4x5 and I am very pleased :) The measurements are exactly 2x4x5 unlike a lot of tents that would advertise that size but be significantly larger. I put a 400w MH with vented hood in mine yesterday and the temp in my tent is actually cooler than the outside air..don't quite know why that is, but it seems to keep very cool :)

this is gonna be really interesting, of the 3 tents i have the best one is the oracle garden supply 2x5x7, the quality is better than the led wholesalers,(really crappy) and the extra height has been great if for nothing else a place up high to stash away the filter,fan etc, but if you dont have the height available then it wont work, , i think your gonna love a tent setup ,in the begining i was against the idea but after having them i see the light ,,or maybe its the fact that i DONT see the light .leak lol having total control and all the handy ports has been a blessing,my quality of plants has jumped fwd and a great deal of that is the better environment!:thumb::thumb:

I have that LED wholesalers tent up there and it is not a good tent, I was happy I had extra ends from my hydrolab one cause those things have dropped my fan more than once...its zip tied down now but was still a pain in the ass. The tent itself is thin, it seems if I would spit hard at it I might poke a hole in it, but it's working for me so I'm honestly not bitching. 7' is just a bit to tall, I don't want to take out the shelf. I will probably order that one Ice got, time to do some sweet talking....
To be continued....:Namaste:
Got the one Ice got good call Ice :) 4' gives me a shelf on top :D Got the rest of the hook up too. It'll all be here by the 3rd.

Happy New Year :hippy::bong::partyboy::party:
I hope everyone has a great year!!!

Things are really starting to take off now. I am really impressed with how well the sour d and bbg are responding to everything the cvk is poking along they're showing growth but reveg's take forever. They have been getting a daily spray of stress and have had one watering with bubbled water. I thought they'd be dried out today and need a watering but they're all still good. I did give the CVK seeds some water last night along with the daily spray, they liked it very much. The Skunk~47 seems to be enjoying its new home in the flower tent and gave me a 2nd set of real leaves, it too gets a daily spray of stress, it will probably need a good watering in the next day or so. The refractormetor showed up yesterday everything but the reflector is going to be here tomorrow, the reflector will be here on Thursday I'll be running a 400w MH in that. So I am really excited, the new gear will give me the ability to give these plants the best conditions I possibly can, the rest will be all the kit :D Soil will be ready on the 8th, I am still going to let those plants stay in the cups a full 30 days, I want the root zone to have a ton of roots to grab on to going to transplant which will be happening the 12th, the tent will get flipped to flower until they can be moved into the other tent (30 days roughly). So that's the plan and what's happening, pic's sometime this week.

Back
Top Bottom