Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Today I watered everyone that needed it in bloom with:

Water, 5 mils Tea and 1/2 oz Transplant in 10 gallons of water.
Last night I foliar sprayed with DeStress.

Veg: dunked in a solution of 1 oz Growth Energy, 5 mils Tea in 5 gallons of water. This was poured into two buckets and the plants were soaked. About half the water was left over, hence the double strength drench. I'll save that for a day and use it tomorrow on some other plants that need it.

Foliar sprayed veg with DeStress. Also sprayed clones.

Here's what we're dealing with:

IMG_88412.jpg
IMG_88401.JPG
IMG_88392.jpg

These are really healthy looking plants! I'm a bit new but I'm not familiar with your feeding regimen. What nutrients are you using?

Peace

georos, :welcome: to :420:

Doc has assembled his own kit. You can purchase it through him only.

welcome...you stumbled upon an awesome place, grow system, and its people!! :high-five:

Subbing up to learn something new. I thought I already took the scientific approach to growing until I started reading this journal.

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Morning Gang

Follow up on my plants, so I wrapped my 1's with Saranwrap I didn't want to transplant them into plastic fig I just roll with it as they will be going into 7s real soon as I am just backed up due to the issues

This is the bomb I transplanted into my new plastic 7's and rescue drenched her this was done on Jan 20, I could have the same result when I used fabric pots it seems my problems would start when the roots would hit the edge of the pot so the true test for me is at week 5-6 of flower under normal transplant from 1 to 7's and straight into flower so if I make 3-4 weeks in flower without issue

image19143.jpeg
image19141.jpeg

Roots at the opening
image19142.jpeg

image19139.jpeg

This is my SSH that wrapped in saranwrap and I will be transplanting after I put the Bomb into flower in a few days oddly enough my pheno only doubles in height and pumps out nice fat cola's in like 13-14 weeks on 11/13 light schedule it was a freebie

I forgot to turn off the veg ltg. for the pic but they look better than they did a week ago and are drinking again and growing new chutes also seeing roots under saranwrap tried to get a pic of them but it didn't turn out
image19146.jpeg
image19145.jpeg

image19144.jpeg

Thanks for the help everyone
:Namaste:

QUOTE=36Gr0w;3210095]These were in 1 gallon pots before you transplanted a week ago? If so, they were most likely very root bound, which could be causing your problems.[/QUOTE]

Deff not root bound by docs standards
I made a post about having issues with fabric pots
image19119.jpeg

image19116.jpeg
image19118.jpeg

This was at 8 weeks of veg.
Doc posted a pic where all you could see was roots and his plant was twice as big and super healthy

I will try and find it. here it is Instagram
✌️

Mornin Highpo, and friends. With those roots....growing in soft pots or another type of 'air pruning" pot, like the 'Rootbulders' i use , or those Smart Pots...they all cause the root branches to get air pruned at the outsides , causing a completely different finer root mass. When using hard pots , the root ends hit the side and start coiling around , looking for moisture and food. With the other , soft pot, the root end dies right there and other branches grow 'out' from it , something like what happens after we 'top' our plants. So , the main thing to remember with them is to make sure they are very well watered, especially around their perimeter.
I just love the pots i use ...when i do the transplanting later, i'l take some pics of the 26 gal's of soil sticking together as one big round bowling ball. It's pretty cool how the fine root mass is throughout the whole mass of soil.
Anyhow , ramblin a bit....cheers and have a great Sat .:high-five:

Mornin Highpo, and friends. With those roots....growing in soft pots or another type of 'air pruning" pot, like the 'Rootbulders' i use , or those Smart Pots...they all cause the root branches to get air pruned at the outsides , causing a completely different finer root mass. When using hard pots , the root ends hit the side and start coiling around , looking for moisture and food. With the other , soft pot, the root end dies right there and other branches grow 'out' from it , something like what happens after we 'top' our plants. So , the main thing to remember with them is to make sure they are very well watered, especially around their perimeter.
I just love the pots i use ...when i do the transplanting later, i'l take some pics of the 26 gal's of soil sticking together as one big round bowling ball. It's pretty cool how the fine root mass is throughout the whole mass of soil.
Anyhow , ramblin a bit....cheers and have a great Sat .:high-five:

Hey duggs thanks for that I do understand the air pruning and I was letting them dry out in veg

I follow docs water tech to a T so that is prob where the prob He uses plastic as I have now switched to
I'll keep my softies as I have 10 and 15 I use when I want larger plants and I will try a diff method maybe someday
But for now hardplastic for me

Lol

When you are in veg/flower do you keep the sides moist daily?

:thanks:

Hey duggs thanks for that I do understand the air pruning and I was letting them dry out in veg

I follow docs water tech to a T so that is prob where the prob He uses plastic as I have now switched to
I'll keep my softies as I have 10 and 15 I use when I want larger plants and I will try a diff method maybe someday
But for now hardplastic for me

Lol

When you are in veg/flower do you keep the sides moist daily?

:thanks:

In bloom i never let the soil get 'dry'. In early veg i let them get fairly dry to build roots but when in bloom i keep the soil moist . Here's how i do that. In bloom all i do is stick two fingers in as far down as i can...if nothing comes back out, and they are dry ...it's time to water,..period. That's all there is to it. If the pots are small, like the lil #1's a lot of us use , i just go by weight...easy , peasy! cheers bud!:high-five:

In bloom i never let the soil get 'dry'. In early veg i let them get fairly dry to build roots but when in bloom i keep the soil moist . Here's how i do that. In bloom all i do is stick two fingers in as far down as i can...if nothing comes back out, and they are dry ...it's time to water,..period. That's all there is to it. If the pots are small, like the lil #1's a lot of us use , i just go by weight...easy , peasy! cheers bud!:high-five:

Right on man deff different than what I was doing

Veg I let them go dry and show signs of wilting

Flower by weight light pot first three weeks a single gallon only then 2 gallons every other time till

I was trying not to overwater them and follow the instructions which again I wasn't using the same cans as the instructions

I will give this a try
Wish I had ask before but no one ever seem to experience it so I was hesitant

Keep in mind Duggan, that your pots are still plastic. They have the indentations and the holes, but the rest of the rootball is wrapped with plastic, not cloth. I think that keeps the outer soil layer moist in a way that fabric doesn't. Just a theory. :geek: We've seen your roots massed against the outside after you peel the pot off. But fabric pots always seem to have that layer of loose dry soil around the outside. Maybe that stunts root growth too much in our soil?

Keep in mind Duggan, that your pots are still plastic. They have the indentations and the holes, but the rest of the rootball is wrapped with plastic, not cloth. I think that keeps the outer soil layer moist in a way that fabric doesn't. Just a theory. :geek: We've seen your roots massed against the outside after you peel the pot off. But fabric pots always seem to have that layer of loose dry soil around the outside. Maybe that stunts root growth too much in our soil?

This is how I felt Graytail about softies never have had what I thought was an impressive rootball even in my good finishing plants

After I wrapped them in saranwrap they started producing new chutes and got happy again seen roots under saranwrap I will experiment with diff tech but tbh wrapping them has made a world of diff in their health in just a week
I didn't even water them yet lol

Yup, soft pots are very tricky to grow in...cuz the very outsides dry out before the rest...that's why he gets those loose outside edge conditions. Mine with hard plastic affords a lil leeway with that cuz they don't dry out quite as fast as the softies. I wouldn't grow with them knowing what i know about my rootbuilders. They perform so well, like you say Gray ...cuz they are plastic...i guess they are the best of both types of pots...looks that way to me. cheers Gray , Highpo and friends.

georos, :welcome: to :420:

Doc has assembled his own kit. You can purchase it through him only.

welcome...you stumbled upon an awesome place, grow system, and its people!! :high-five:

Those plants just look right. I'm nearing the end Of my first grow and have enjoyed the whole process. I used nutrients from BC Buds which I purchased at a local hydroponic store. The kit had about 9 different components. I will have to contact Doc when I'm ready for another grow.

Peace

In my finishing soft pots this round, I've been watering/drenching a day earlier than I was before. Thus not letting the soil get very dry at all...and these are the healthiest, happiest plants I've had to date. Though I'm only in week 2 of bloom.

Well, I just picked up some new large trays and a 10 gallon plastic pot. Im going to do 2 in cloth 10s, 1 in a 10 gallon plastic and one in a 15 gallon cloth...May the best pot win! Anyone who wants to see how things go can check my journal. They'll all be transplanted and flipped soon after in brand new soil in about 3 weeks

Well, I just picked up some new large trays and a 10 gallon plastic pot. Im going to do 2 in cloth 10s, 1 in a 10 gallon plastic and one in a 15 gallon cloth...May the best pot win! Anyone who wants to see how things go can check my journal. They'll all be transplanted and flipped soon after in brand new soil in about 3 weeks

tard are you able to link your new journal into your signature? :circle-of-love:

'Tards current HB journal

RD Moonshine Ghost Train - Moxie Snake Venom & Lemon OG By The Tard

Back
Top Bottom