Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Congrats doc!

I'll be ordering a second kit from ya soon when they become available again. I wonder what's the shelf life of the kit?

Thank you for what you do. I havnt had my high brix produce yet and i can already tell my plants are doing better than ever.

DBHB SHELF LIFE Confirmation

Cooked Pro-Mix = 2 Years and Counting
Liquid Products = 1 Year + and Counting

Thinking about how long it has been since I purchased any product I looked back
in this thread and see it was Apr 19th 2017.

Knowing I Purchased 1 kit and then a BULK kit approx a year later, I can see now
how long its been on my shelf

At the present time I have not purchased Any PRO-MIX in 2 years,
At my current size grows I should have enough to last another 2 more

I just started my 4th kit grow using the same ORIGINALLY PURCHASED Pro-Mix.

I have previously Finished 2 First run Grows and 1 Second run, Just started the 2nd SECOND run Grow
so just Starting my 3rd year of same Soil Use.

After this current grow finishes I still have 3rd & 4th Runs to Mix and Cook from this
same original bail.
I will update in another 2 years for a final Conclusion ;)

LIQUID PRODUCT

As to the Liquid products. As best I can remember I ran out of some of the first Kit Liquid items
after my 2nd grow (40 gals of soil) took a little over a year for both runs.

CONFIRMED CONCLUSION: Liquid products in the KIT will last Over a Year and probably much
longer.

I re stocked with larger container amounts in the 2nd year so I will be back with the
Final conclusion in 2 more years, I expect to run-out of liquid product after 3 years of shelf life.

I only do 1.5 to 2 runs a year with 2 plants per grow in 10 gal plastic.
Works out to 40 gal of soil year

Agreed. I'm not growing for a few more months, my house is being rebuilt. No disaster, just needed a new one. Even though I have more seeds than I know what to do with, I still go shopping, I really need more sativa, but never pull the trigger. I definitely wantto run DDA at some point.

I've seen a few run autos in the kit with great success. Med man Mike comes to mind and I saw Smokey McFly mention them. I'll be watching @Knifemaker420 and anyone else growing autos in the kit to see how it works out.

:passitleft:
Hey Ween, thanks for the shout out!

I’ve done two auto grows: 60 Day Wonder and Ganja Dwarf. Both grows yielded over 3 oz per plant.

They are a challenge in the kit as mentioned. One thing I did that I believe helps was this:

I fill my one gal pot with kit soil and soak it from the top it with ¼ Tp. The water settles the soil about 2-3". I then add additional kit soil - I try to find drier soil for this. Plant the seed, give it a couple Tbsp of ¼ Tp and then let it go. The roots dive for the moisture and I can go quite a while until the next watering. I do occasionally pour an Oz or 2 in a circle around the seedling as the top soil dries out.

I wait until the pot is light, by then I usually have 3 nodes, so I give it full Transplant drench/dunk. I’ll next do a Energy drench/dunk and once it dries out I transplant.

In general, I do lighter or shorter quantities of drench/dunks with the intent they will dry out fastest allowing additional feedings before the Cats. Here’s a couple of pics. First is a 60 Wonder, second, Ganja Dwarf.
9EA3F51D-1B69-467E-847D-31E1370E288A.jpeg
32E0B6DE-DFB4-4513-AFA0-72B3BD49822F.jpeg

I’ve done two auto grows: 60 Day Wonder and Ganja Dwarf. Both grows yielded over 3 oz per plant.

They are a challenge in the kit as mentioned. One thing I did that I believe helps was this:

I fill my one gal pot with kit soil and soak it from the top it with ¼ Tp. The water settles the soil about 2-3". I then add additional kit soil - I try to find drier soil for this. Plant the seed, give it a couple Tbsp of ¼ Tp and then let it go. The roots dive for the moisture and I can go quite a while until the next watering. I do occasionally pour an Oz or 2 in a circle around the seedling as the top soil dries out.

I wait until the pot is light, by then I usually have 3 nodes, so I give it full Transplant drench/dunk. I’ll next do a Energy drench/dunk and once it dries out I transplant.

In general, I do lighter or shorter quantities of drench/dunks with the intent they will dry out fastest allowing additional feedings before the Cats. Here’s a couple of pics. First is a 60 Wonder, second, Ganja Dwarf.
9EA3F51D-1B69-467E-847D-31E1370E288A.jpeg
32E0B6DE-DFB4-4513-AFA0-72B3BD49822F.jpeg
Nice buds!
:high-five:

In general, I do lighter or shorter quantities of drench/dunks with the intent they will dry out fastest allowing additional feedings before the Cats.
:thanks: Thanks for that mmmike! This is exactly the kinds of ‘tweaks’ I’ve been thinking about so I really appreciate you sharing them.

I forgot to notify.....the store is shut down till Teusday.

No problem. Just taking a break for our 33 year anniversary. (Mrs. Docbud and mine)
Happy anniversary Doc, maybe you and your wife have an awesome trip!

So if one was to overdose their plants on GE, what would be the best course of action. I flushed them really good and gave very light trans drench watered in after flush. Just didn’t know if i needed to hit them with rescue drench or not.

This is why you write things down... lol

So if one was to overdose their plants on GE, what would be the best course of action. I flushed them really good and gave very light trans drench watered in after flush. Just didn’t know if i needed to hit them with rescue drench or not.

How did you OD? As a solution, it's just N, P, Ca and Mg, and only the N and Ca have higher concentration which kind of boils it down to N tox?

How did you OD? As a solution, it's just N, P, Ca and Mg, and only the N and Ca have higher concentration which kind of boils it down to N tox?
Yessir think you’re right, had super heavy clawing along with leaves turning purple

I'd give it straight water for the next couple of drinks. After that, I'd go back to the normal cycle on a Trans and when you get back around to the GE, I'd cut it in half of what you've been giving it. The clawing should have relaxed by that point.

Hey there my HighBrix fellows :ganjamon: Little asssitance finding a recent post please.

Unless my memory fails me, just a little while ago someone posted some seemingly excellent info about pruning a plant and the point at which that leads to a reduction in root development. I’ve been trawling for it and canna find it. :hmmmm: Maybe it was a dream. I’m 99.9% certain it was real and that it was on this thread - or I was more high than I thought at the time. If it was I know someone else will remember
:Namaste:

Hey there my HighBrix fellows :ganjamon: Little asssitance finding a recent post please.

Unless my memory fails me, just a little while ago someone posted some seemingly excellent info about pruning a plant and the point at which that leads to a reduction in root development. I’ve been trawling for it and canna find it. :hmmmm: Maybe it was a dream. I’m 99.9% certain it was real and that it was on this thread - or I was more high than I thought at the time. If it was I know someone else will remember
We both, I'm certain, were high, but that post exists. I've seen it as well. Maybe not in this thread, but somewhere in our neighborhood.

B7A35418-F281-43F6-9164-B26872629C9B.png
DA12F863-28C4-4192-AE01-6103B86AD496.png

Back
Top Bottom