Nice description Morglie, astringent key lime pie! I like citrus terpenoids. I have years of seeds from Ace, can’t wait to start on some this fall
I got a very similar smell from my carnival when I cut it a couple of weeks ago as well. That one has a dankness underneath the lime.

A day off, sweet! Just got done all my work for the day,and get to hang in the garden now and do my tasks. Yep a smooth hit of some Headband gets me going on the chores. Bangi haze, oh yeah I have some of those seeds from Ace. You like it I see. What’s it taste and hit like?

Hi Stage, welcome man, please make yourself at home here.

Help yourself to the Gum :passitleft:

She was there when I first tried Doc’s kit, I love her and so does everyone else in my circle. Here she is at flip 48.

How did your BG compare to yeti’s description below?

Hi yeti, join in for a puff:passitleft:

Lemons... I like lemon terps, but no lemons with this one. The short time is a bonus, and short height too. Good branches but with a heavy side branch cola it needs to be tied up to the cage.

Do you know what the pheno range was from TH? 12 weeks...what did THseeds state as the flower time? Great info man!

Thanks for stopping Gang.

:circle-of-love:
From their description:

Type Indica Dominant
Flowering Time 55-60 Days
Yield 350-500 gr/m2
Height 120-160cm
Smell Fruity
Grows Indoors/Outdoors
Awards 3rd Indoor Bio Cup 2007 Spannabis,
1st Outdoor Cup 2006 Spannabis,

Bubble Gum was THSeeds first contribution to the seed world in 1993. Over the last decade it has proven, through numerous awards and world wide fame, that this plant is here to stay. They successfully inbred and stabilised this plant for it's most desirable characteristics, it's fruity smell, thick lingering flavour and short soldier like stature. Bubble Gum breeds true, and has been used by many seed companies to produce award winning hybrids, and will make a great cornerstone for your breeding program. This is a true superplant!

So they claim 8 to 8.5 weeks. I probably could have taken mine earlier but they just kept drinking and kept throwing new pistils. They say it is a stable IBL and if that is the case I must have gotten an anomaly.

I dont know how far in that is. But she would stretch quite a bit and make some nice buds even if they were a little airy. If not for the bazooka joe smell on the stem rub early on I would not have thought her a bubblegum. Every other one I have seen is short and squat and frostier than the one I got.

Thanks Yeti for sharing that and the pics. Yeah she has long donkey colas for sure, some rouge genetics coming out there. Very strange because of all the work and inbreeding that was done to get to a IBL status, that those traits would come out like that. If you feel inclined I’d try some more of those seeds you have to see what pops up. I have more BG seeds too, but are getting close to 4 years old.

Thanks, I'm going to be sending in some Carnival cob to get tested soon. I tested the flower now I'm curious to see what the fermentation process has done to the cannabinoid and terpene profiles.
Awesome! That'll be nice to compare. Do you have the tests on the flowers from the same cut?

I see a lot of you folks run that carnival.

I should do like Neiko and get some of my keepers terpenoid profile analyzed by the local lab, which is about 45 mins away. I love it when he posts the results for us.
Sue has infected the community with a couple of strains. Carnival is the one that she's running on most days and there's a reason it's so popular. It's full of energy and just makes you feel good. It's an excellent daytime smoke.

Thanks Yeti for sharing that and the pics. Yeah she has long donkey colas for sure, some rouge genetics coming out there. Very strange because of all the work and inbreeding that was done to get to a IBL status, that those traits would come out like that. If you feel inclined I’d try some more of those seeds you have to see what pops up. I have more BG seeds too, but are getting close to 4 years old.
I plan to at some point it is just a matter of when. I have so many seeds to work through and so many strains I have not gotten to yet that they are on the back burner. I do want to try and get a squatter faster flowering one. I did like how productive mine tended to be due to the stretch. I have some Sour Bubble seeds from BOG that I want to run. I smoked some forever ago and it was delightful. Now that I have seeds of it I have planned to run it more than once but it kind of gets pushed to the side for the next latest and greatest. How do you store your seeds long term?

Canna and nismo12 bred the carnival to a dark devil auto. It has produced some very nice and sometimes colorful plants.

Oh ok the Carnival and Devils Carnival are two different plants.;)

I see, thanks for clearing that up. I’d like to sample some of this Carnival...hmmm. I’ll have to look into this.

I plan to at some point it is just a matter of when. I have so many seeds to work through and so many strains I have not gotten to yet that they are on the back burner. I do want to try and get a squatter faster flowering one. I did like how productive mine tended to be due to the stretch. I have some Sour Bubble seeds from BOG that I want to run. I smoked some forever ago and it was delightful. Now that I have seeds of it I have planned to run it more than once but it kind of gets pushed to the side for the next latest and greatest. How do you store your seeds long term?
I keep mine in containers in the freezer with a few grains of rice with them.

I end up keeping them in my basement, at 65*f/ 50% RH in the breeders pack. Seems to work ok, but I’m all ears if there is a better way.

I’ve got 4 new comers that just came out of quarantine, from a good friend that is a couple of hours north of me.

Schrom
Golden pineapple
Genius
P98 Bubba Kush

I just upcanned them. They were in non high brix soil, so I shook off most of the soil, inoculated with roots powder, and sank them into Doc’s soil, gave a mild TP drench.

So pumped to work with these, and see their potential in the kit.

DO you keep them in breeder packs or do you open them to put the rice in with them? I have a few packs I would rather not open yet. Or do you put your packs in a container and some rice in with the packs?
The seeds you get from breeders I've found, have gel desiccant packs in them many times. I just use the containers I get the seeds in. I put those packs inside a mason jar. I do have some in pill bottles that I keep straight in the freezer as well.

Back
Top Bottom