Dutch Treat - Blue Dream 2 Liter Hempy Grow

Re: Dutch Treat, Blue Dream 2 Liter Hempy Grow

Hi HMG,

those girls look really good, truly great shots of the trics...you said they might be done in a couple weeks ?? those trics still look most clear/cloudy.

How do you decide when to cut? My girls are still mostly cloudy, only 20/80 amber/cloudy, but my buddy said he chops @ 55-60 days, I'm not sure mine will be done by then...maybe his mature quicker because of the different lights. He's got a couple 1000's hps and I use 1 - 400 mh. I know that makes a difference in the size of buds and amount of yield, but I don't know if it makes a diff in the length of time they take to finish.

What do you think?

Yes they are still mostly clear/cloudy. I have been reading about flowering times for DT and they are anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks. So I'm starting there.
I'm also watching to make sure the calyxes are swelling, do the pistils appear to have receded back, and is the plant still uptaking as much water. These are what I'm looking for to help me judge when to chop. As well I will be looking at the trichomes but they are not the determining factor for me

To be honest I have had problems on all my other grows so I ended up taking them down early. So this is a learning experience for me as well.

I don't think that lights alone can make a plant finish any faster. I think that the environment could delay flowering time though. If that makes sense.

Yes they are still mostly clear/cloudy. I have been reading about flowering times for DT and they are anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks. So I'm starting there.
I'm also watching to make sure the calyxes are swelling, do the pistils appear to have receded back, and is the plant still uptaking as much water. These are what I'm looking for to help me judge when to chop. As well I will be looking at the trichomes but they are not the determining factor for me

To be honest I have had problems on all my other grows so I ended up taking them down early. So this is a learning experience for me as well.

I don't think that lights alone can make a plant finish any faster. I think that the environment could delay flowering time though. If that makes sense.

makes good sense. :thanks:

I'm still trying to perfect my eye as to when is the best time to harvest, that's why I asked.

:peace:

makes good sense. :thanks:

I'm still trying to perfect my eye as to when is the best time to harvest, that's why I asked.

I'm glad it makes sense, but I don't know if this is the right way just the way I'm watching them to learn.

When you perfect your eye can I borrow it cause mine are shit. :trance:

HMG,

:rofl: You're too funny

I've noticed with this grow that my girls haven't needed nearly as much water/nutes...I think it's due to the fact that I didn't give them much veg time and they are much smaller than any I've grown so far.

I'm at about the same stage in flower that you are...a week, maybe 2 to go, they are only getting RO/tap @ 60-80ppm. They aren't using as much water as they were a week ago, I've gone from 8-10oz every other day to 6oz yesterday...I think they'll be ready soon.

:high-five:

HMG,

:rofl: You're too funny

I've noticed with this grow that my girls haven't needed nearly as much water/nutes...I think it's due to the fact that I didn't give them much veg time and they are much smaller than any I've grown so far.

I'm at about the same stage in flower that you are...a week, maybe 2 to go, they are only getting RO/tap @ 60-80ppm. They aren't using as much water as they were a week ago, I've gone from 8-10oz every other day to 6oz yesterday...I think they'll be ready soon.

:high-five:

I'm starting to flush Dutch Treat 2,3,4,as well as the TNT Kush today. I will probably give them 5 to 7 days flush then chop. Tomorrow they get their 45 day defoliation. So yes very soon. :cheer:

Since I have been having issues with the cloner I built. I decided I would take the BOG Sour Bubble plant I have and transplant it to a 2.5 gal Hempy and flower it out by itself.

It has a Mg deficiency I believe. I will flush good for a week and then start over with BPN. As soon as the flowering tent clears I will throw it in there with a 200W DS from Advanced LED Lighting.

Before some trimming and training
003815.JPG

004761.JPG

After
007619.JPG

009524.JPG

012361.JPG

Looks nice over there,
Cant really distinguish Mg deficiencies, normally doesnt occur too quick, usually comes around during flower, for some strains more than others.
But i'm using Mg/Ca granulate in soil, which is depleted by the end of the run over this last time, growing Jack herrer, depleted earlier.
What i can distinguish is little excess of nutrients to be found mostly in the Potassium/Kalium section.

I probably would lower the nutes for a bit till bit less curling is shown and discoloring doesnt show coming back. And you might try a but extra Mg instead, if you think that's lacking.
Mg hunger may raise a bit more when adding extra P i think i noticed.

HomeMedGrower said:
Since I have been having issues with the cloner I built. I decided I would take the BOG Sour Bubble plant I have and transplant it to a 2.5 gal Hempy and flower it out by itself.

It has a Mg deficiency I believe. I will flush good for a week and then start over with BPN. As soon as the flowering tent clears I will throw it in there with a 200W DS from Advanced LED Lighting.

Before some trimming and training

After

what's good brotha,
Great looking job on that defoliation, can't really see the pix that well using forum runner, I'll give my feedback on that when I get back home :thumb:

:peacetwo:

Looking good HMG I like the defoliation I think ill start tryin this on my 2L hempies i have 10 in flower im on day 39 and putting more in today Hammerhead, Veneno, and Fruity Chronic Juice and maybe one Qrazy Train. Newayz I love ur journal nice and about how tall were they when u started flowering? Read all ur journal and a few more hempy journals on here and had to bring my journal here the united hempy community seems alot more together and helping here but check my grow 18 strains and light mover in a 2x6 closet, but good job keep it up :thumb:

cant wait to see how they look after their training. i hope those defs get fixed and these girls grow into huge trees of dank chronic for ya

She will be healthy before she get flowered or I will come up with a new plan. No room for huge trees here, just nice sized bushes. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looks nice over there,
Cant really distinguish Mg deficiencies, normally doesnt occur too quick, usually comes around during flower, for some strains more than others.
But i'm using Mg/Ca granulate in soil, which is depleted by the end of the run over this last time, growing Jack herrer, depleted earlier.
What i can distinguish is little excess of nutrients to be found mostly in the Potassium/Kalium section.

I probably would lower the nutes for a bit till bit less curling is shown and discoloring doesnt show coming back. And you might try a but extra Mg instead, if you think that's lacking.
Mg hunger may raise a bit more when adding extra P i think i noticed.

I will be giving it a good flush tonight with 5.8 ph water then follow up in a couple days with a light feeding.

what's good brotha,
Great looking job on that defoliation, can't really see the pix that well using forum runner, I'll give my feedback on that when I get back home :thumb:

:thanks: Astonr, always nice to see ya drop by.

Dammm Home...you did a hell of a job..good looking buds..and those tric shots,,,you got one of those USB Scopes???? Mannn i can tASte those Buds...you are going to be hiiigh...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes I have a Celestron scope great scope for like $45. I hope I get some good pain relief from these meds.

Looking good HMG I like the defoliation I think ill start tryin this on my 2L hempies i have 10 in flower im on day 39 and putting more in today Hammerhead, Veneno, and Fruity Chronic Juice and maybe one Qrazy Train. Newayz I love ur journal nice and about how tall were they when u started flowering? Read all ur journal and a few more hempy journals on here and had to bring my journal here the united hempy community seems alot more together and helping here but check my grow 18 strains and light mover in a 2x6 closet, but good job keep it up :thumb:

:welcome: Giveme, thanks for stopping in. I'll check out your journal here in a bit. I'm not sure right off hand how tall they were when they went in.

Update Day 45​

Dutch treat 2, 3, 4, should be coming down sometime next week. The Unknown (Dutch Treat 1) and the Blue dream still have some time to go. Here are a few pics from today. Enjoy and have a wonderful day.

001846.JPG

002870.JPG

005736.JPG

006632.JPG

008572.JPG

009526.JPG

010486.JPG

013350.JPG

016269.JPG

018219.JPG

020191.JPG

027117.JPG

HMG,

:yummy: Lookin' Good!!

VERY NICE!!! that unknown has one hell of a cola formed on top of her doesn't she? all those plants are looking great your pics are spot on with details. good job im looking forward to next week. i hope you litter your journal with pages of harvest day pictures. thats one thing i wish i saw more of. i love seeing numerous pics of the final days of the plants ive been following for months lol

VERY NICE!!! that unknown has one hell of a cola formed on top of her doesn't she? all those plants are looking great your pics are spot on with details. good job im looking forward to next week. i hope you litter your journal with pages of harvest day pictures. thats one thing i wish i saw more of. i love seeing numerous pics of the final days of the plants ive been following for months lol

Yes the unknown has a solid cola and smells like candy.

oh yea... how the trics lookin?

Mostly cloudy few amber and clear. I'kk try and get some tric shots later today or tomorrow.

Gorgeous stuff HMG

:goodjob:

:thanks: very much fied.

Back
Top Bottom