Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

As more States get off their duffs and legalize, I can see a 'Grower's Exchange' becoming quite popular. In fact I can see it's cultivation being offered as a class someday. There is so much that goes into a healthy grow...plenty of material for a semester...or even 2 if you get into seed production and breeding.

I have never taken a dime for my produce, or my clones..well, maybe a bit of the harvest, but no more than a taste. That said, Im hoping there will be a place in the industry for me when the body cant keep with my profession. I repair commercial laundry equipment, and it takes its toll. :)

As more States get off their duffs and legalize, I can see a 'Grower's Exchange' becoming quite popular. In fact I can see it's cultivation being offered as a class someday. There is so much that goes into a healthy grow...plenty of material for a semester...or even 2 if you get into seed production and breeding.

I have never taken a dime for my produce, or my clones..well, maybe a bit of the harvest, but no more than a taste. That said, Im hoping there will be a place in the industry for me when the body cant keep with my profession. I repair commercial laundry equipment, and it takes its toll. :)
Well said! Well said.

Sent from my LG-H740 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Well there are already agricultural colleges for commercial crops. It won't be long before hemp and cannabis sativa/indica are taught as well. Grapes and hops are surely topics already.

Guys, this has been a VERRRY slow process. I don't know whether to say there has been progress or not. The bunch of seeds we put in the one tube of tissue culture gel hasn't really changed all that much yet. I see slight clouding around some of the seeds in that tube. I don't know if that is just something with the tissue culture gel or what. In the second tube though is where we may have some progress happening very very slowly. The one seed that had started to show a Taproot in the wet paper towel is really expanding in the tissue culture gel and it appears that the Taproot has gotten a tiny bit longer as well. The other seed that is in the same tube as that one appears that something may start happening with it as well. I see both seeds and that tube are split open and I see a lot of white matter inside so I think more time is going to be required. Sorry so slow on the updates but this has been a very slow process and there really hasn't been much to update until now. I know it's really hard for you to see but here is a picture of the two seeds that appear to be doing something.
420-magazine-mobile1198960097.jpg
420-magazine-mobile711589499.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Nice to hear there is some progress. Rooting for you on this one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Are you going to just put a few seeds in the soil to germinate? Might be worth a try..

Sent from my LG-H740 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You can keep it in vitro until the plant is developed as far as I understand.

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Keep the faith Fanleaf. If it were easy everyone would be doing it. You went for it and are getting results. Everyone loves a Hero and everyone hates a coward! You get your grow in Leaf man!

Sent from my XT1585 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Are you going to just put a few seeds in the soil to germinate? Might be worth a try..

I have 100% germination success with paper towel. Much better than putting them into soil. Let them grow little bigger root and then put them into soil. My two cents on that. Cheers and good luck to you all germinating your seeds! :Namaste: :love:

So I figured I would check on our seeds to see how they are doing tonight. Do you guys see what I see?
420-magazine-mobile323484007.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Just found this, and hell yes, I'm subbed !! Acapulco gold is the weed I smoked in early 60s in LA. i dropped my mom off at the Drs. office, and in Redondo Beach , and figured she'd be an hr., so i took a little ride up Pacific Coast HWY, to check out the girls, and smoke. Long story short, after about three totes, on that joint, I headed back to the Drs. office, and found it about an hr. later. my mom, was pissed at me, for a week. I was very familiar with the sts. & rds. in Redondo, but that gold had a hold of me. Of course, i was sort of new to smoking pot, especially good pot. now, it might be different, but I was tripping for like three hrs. !! Good pot was almost non existent in the early 60s, in LA. Mexican brown was the standard fare, and that was $10 for a lid. or you could buy a whole 2.2 lb. (kelo) for under $100. And I do see a sprout. Now i'll go catch up !!

Mexican brown was the standard fare, and that was $10 for a lid. or you could buy a whole 2.2 lb. (kelo) for under $100. And I do see a sprout. Now i'll go catch up !!

Hahaha, yes! Mexican weed. More seed than weed and almost always dry as a bone. And then during the 80's we got Paraquat pot after the DEA began clandestinely spraying that defoliant to try to stop the flow of the evil weed from Mexico. And "lids." Haven't heard that term in years!

Back
Top Bottom