First Grow- Autoflowers CFL (nooby)

Yeah. You can definitely find 4 packs of the 100 watt equivelents (only uses 23-26 depending on the spectrum) for about $10. You can grab a name brand or something equal to it at the Depot, Lowes (best bet) or you can even hit a Bennys but you'll pay more. PM me and I'll send you some links.

BTW if smell may be a factor I have another suggestion you should PM me for.

nah ima pick them up today....till then im still working with the damn miricle grow nutes.
Anyone ever been through that?
I got a friend who used them the entire way through and everything worked out well....
Advice?
I used MG nutes on my first grow and still using them for my second. As long as you keep a close eye on them and use as recommended its all good. Your plants are looking good. Keep up the good work.:cheer::peace:

I used MG nutes on my first grow and still using them for my second. As long as you keep a close eye on them and use as recommended its all good. Your plants are looking good. Keep up the good work.:cheer::peace:

Thanks for the confidence man. That was my main worry so far. Because the only hydroponics store around here is very far.
Your grow is great by the way.

Deez sill aint showing pistils and its nearing day 30....
should i be worried?

Deez sill aint showing pistils and its nearing day 30....
should i be worried?

Unless she is showing balls, dont worry man she will show when she is ready.

Unless she is showing balls, dont worry man she will show when she is ready.

LMAO...

funniest thing ever.
Im on XBOX live and i read your comment just as someone online says the exact same thing.
"Unless "he" is showing balls"- Teabagging comment.

kinda wierd

So from what i see so far....all sign are pointing towards CJ being male.
Late. Extra Strong(just as tall as the others already), No Middle foliage.
Sucks even though its part of the plan.....
So if it is....
Besides taking it out of the cab....
what the hell do i do with it???

101_2191.JPG

goin on 4th week of veg..i supercroppe4d both of them 2weeks ago should i do it again..and have u ever used maxigro for veg and maxibloom for flowering stage..

update

goin on 4th week of veg..i supercroppe4d both of them 2weeks ago should i do it again..and have u ever used maxigro for veg and maxibloom for flowering stage..

Niiiiice pics man....
no maxi grow. only FF and MG
ive helped a few friends w a grow a bunch of years back....
this is my "first" solo prepared grow though....
which is why i ask for advice so often

UPdate:
Deez is officially a girl as of yesterday. got some pistils. Dont feel like pics though...so next time.

And everyday that goes buy i get more and more sure that CJ is a boy.

Ok quick update. I still think CJ is a male.
My room is starting to smell really good.
My kitty is sneaky(no damage though....no worries)
I have to make a new box because these lil babies went into hyper mode or something and im going to run out of room soon.
I have knats.
Very annoying.
They are actually doing very good with the MG nutes.

I want more input on pollination seeing as i think CJ is a male.
If anybody knows or could direct me to someone who does know or could direct someone who does know to me that would be nice. Because i dont know when to do it but i figure it should be soon.

Thanks everyone.
Pics coming soon.

oh yea

One major thing:

Some of my pistils are shriveling up....
there turning a pale orange and shriveling....(only a few)
and now that i think about it....its only the ones that i touched trying to get pics...
is this bad?
Is this normal?
Please let it be normal....ive had no complications with this grow and i want it to stay that way....

A friend told me it was normal.
No biggy.
Pics coming soon....kinda waitin for it to fill out ....
anyone w auto exp know how long it takes for the buds to start filling out?
Cuz i got pistils everywhere....
but no bud forming

LilJah, although an autoflower doesn't require a change in light cycle to start budding, it still has to go through the process of producing high numbers of pistils and stretching, and then will focus all its energies on bulking its buds up. Just to throw out some round numbers, it might take an autoflower overall 10 weeks from seed to harvest. 3 to 4 weeks of that will be vegetative growth, another 3 to 4 pistils will pop and it will stretch, and in the final 3 or 4 weeks you'll see your bud production.
To quote a description of an autoflower, "Auto AK-47 will grow vegetatively for approximately 14 days then enter into a rapid, almost violent flowering period. For the next 56 days they will branch out profusely, throw out pistils in their thousands, calyxes will swell and a coating of resin glands will make the mature plant glisten as if dusted with fine diamonds. "

LilJah, although an autoflower doesn't require a change in light cycle to start budding, it still has to go through the process of producing high numbers of pistils and stretching, and then will focus all its energies on bulking its buds up. Just to throw out some round numbers, it might take an autoflower overall 10 weeks from seed to harvest. 3 to 4 weeks of that will be vegetative growth, another 3 to 4 pistils will pop and it will stretch, and in the final 3 or 4 weeks you'll see your bud production.
To quote a description of an autoflower, "Auto AK-47 will grow vegetatively for approximately 14 days then enter into a rapid, almost violent flowering period. For the next 56 days they will branch out profusely, throw out pistils in their thousands, calyxes will swell and a coating of resin glands will make the mature plant glisten as if dusted with fine diamonds. "

Thanks Edge. I was also wondering if i should be trimming any fan leaves? of should i be doing that later?

CJ is pissing me off. Show me your privates Darnit!!!

I wouldn't trim any fan leaves, especially if there is nothing wrong with them. But some people swear by pruning so it can go either way I suppose. I have heard that the pruning adds a little stress which can help the plant, but some plants react differently than others to stress.

In conclusion of above high rambling: I wouldn't cut anything unless it is either 1) dying/diseased or 2) to free up light into the inner buds of a canopy. You can always redirect large fan leaves and tie them down instead too.

:blunt:

Picturesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all. I come bearing gifts.
First of all, I have an entirely new setup. Camping in tents.:hookah:
High output T5 lights. 8000 Lumens. (how does that sound? is that good?)
Been a lot of activity going on with the plants as you will see.
Also had a few accidents. Got 2 of Deez' leaves caught in the damn fan.
Epic Fail.
but besides that it looks like im moving on up. I also have some Fox Farms Big Bloom. Gonna give em that in 3 days time. :morenutes:
Well im rambling....heres your pics.
Heres all 3 in their new home.
All_31.jpg

All_31.jpg

Heres the one i think is a boy. Its pissing me off a bit.
CJ2.jpg
CJ_1.jpg

Heres Deez. Shes still my fav and shes a beauty.
Deez_1.jpg
Deez_3.jpg
Deez_2.jpg

and heres the farthest along Tnt. Shes pretty tooooo.
Budsites. Middle Foliage.
Tnt_budsite.jpg

Top shot.
TnT_Top.jpg

Lol Question: Do you guys think that this is too far? (remember High Output T5 Flour 8000 Lumens)
Too_Far.jpg

Well thats it for now. Wish me luch and give me input and feedback. I really need it.
Thanks all.
Happy Burning.

Back
Top Bottom