First Grow

Only one of these was started in mg. the other two were started in coco. Surely the one has out grown the mg. since all three have same issue it doesn't seem mg is the problem. I did however find the mg to stunt their growth considerably. Even the ice plant that was started in mg has got past it.

I have two blue dreams going and one seems to be suffering from over feeding. I am blooming in LED so I have to use less already but this girls phenotype is fickle.

Soon when your girls grow past this stage they will start to use that 707 I would not feed them anything while using that soil ... maybe not even till ending nutes

:scratchinghead: ... in your second post you wrote "I used mg starter mix in cups and coco in tray." ?

edit -- so I looked up your soil

"Ingredients: Coarse peat, coco fiber, compost, perlite, pumice, worm castings, bat guano, fish bone meal, soybean meal, feather meal and kelp meal."

... again that is a big slam for some little plants

So maybe it's too hot for this strain? What can I do at this point?

So maybe it's too hot for this strain? What can I do at this point?

As I said they will grow past this... but it may cause nute lockouts at the end. So if you are willing you could re-pot into something like happy frog with some of that 707 on the bottom for a bigger girl to grow into... just remember there are a lot of nutrients in that mix.

Im subbed for your journal Maine. I finally decided to get off my ass and contribute on here lol. Its pretty cool you used to grow a bunch. I just started a year and a half ago.

I started using Roots 707 soil and have grown a bunch of plants in it so far. I started with Fox Farm nutes and did ok. I had a few plants with problems just like yours. (I used tap water and never ph'd). I now use the same soil but ammend with minerals (Limestone, Gypsum, and Calcium), epsom salt, green sand, azomite, and worm castings. Roots 707 is a very mild soil to start with and I dont think it is burning your plants. I think its a mild magnesium deficiency.

I would try to dissolve a teaspoon on epsom salt in a gallon of water and continue to add nutes as you have been. Thats what cleared my symptoms up when I had the same problems as you. I think they will grow out of it just fine. Some strains are just more of a pain in the ass than others. You could also try tap using tap water on a plant or two.

Oh, and why I love this site is the help and positive advice. With all the people subscribed to your journal, you'll do just fine.

Im subbed for your journal Maine. I finally decided to get off my ass and contribute on here lol. Its pretty cool you used to grow a bunch. I just started a year and a half ago.

I started using Roots 707 soil and have grown a bunch of plants in it so far. I started with Fox Farm nutes and did ok. I had a few plants with problems just like yours. (I used tap water and never ph'd). I now use the same soil but ammend with minerals (Limestone, Gypsum, and Calcium), epsom salt, green sand, azomite, and worm castings. Roots 707 is a very mild soil to start with and I dont think it is burning your plants. I think its a mild magnesium deficiency.

I would try to dissolve a teaspoon on epsom salt in a gallon of water and continue to add nutes as you have been. Thats what cleared my symptoms up when I had the same problems as you. I think they will grow out of it just fine. Some strains are just more of a pain in the ass than others. You could also try tap using tap water on a plant or two.

Oh, and why I love this site is the help and positive advice. With all the people subscribed to your journal, you'll do just fine.

Thanks!

Cool...

Doc Bud just made this suggestion to me,

"There's an easy way to get rid of excess nitrogen in soil.

Epsom salt foliar flush coupled with an epsom salt drench.

For the foliar, mix up about 400ppm of Epsom Salt and RO water.
For the Drench, again, 400ppm and run at least twice the volume of water as soil through pot. This can take a while.

The way that plant looks to me, I wouldn't do a thing, unless it's causing you mental anguish, in which case the foliar treament will suffice. "

But I did not think that would work with the mg - 707 mix so I did not suggest it. Sounds like it will! Cool thanks Steppenwolf

Thanks! Ill try to keep the mental anguish (which it is causing! Lol) at bay. Ill leave them for a few days and see what they look like. If no change or worse ill start with the foliar. Thanks again!

Thanks! Ill try to keep the mental anguish (which it is causing! Lol) at bay. Ill leave them for a few days and see what they look like. If no change or worse ill start with the foliar. Thanks again!

trust me I am freaking out about my blue dream :cheesygrinsmiley: so I feel your anguish

Cool...

Doc Bud just made this suggestion to me,

"There's an easy way to get rid of excess nitrogen in soil.

Epsom salt foliar flush coupled with an epsom salt drench.

For the foliar, mix up about 400ppm of Epsom Salt and RO water.
For the Drench, again, 400ppm and run at least twice the volume of water as soil through pot. This can take a while.

The way that plant looks to me, I wouldn't do a thing, unless it's causing you mental anguish, in which case the foliar treament will suffice. "

But I did not think that would work with the mg - 707 mix so I did not suggest it. Sounds like it will! Cool thanks Steppenwolf

I don't have a ppm tool. What does this equate to in measurements?

Can you give me the ratios of adds? Thanks

Mainebud you will have to ask Docbud to be sure but I believe it is approx 1/2 teaspoon per gallon...

No problem. Give me a couple days and I will give you the specific additions I add to a bag of soil. I just mixed up a bag to cook actually. I followed Docbuds soil amendments from a couple journals ago. Icemud is another soil guy that has a lot of good info in his journals. I second buckshots suggestion of a half teaspoon of Epsom for a foliar feed.

Ok so I've been foliar feeding with Epsom and it seems to be helping. Slowly, ever so slowly! Lol. As for the rest, we have a few stars in the group! My great white sharks are doing great and my white widow is catching up!

image10681.jpg

image10671.jpg

image10661.jpg

image10651.jpg

image10641.jpg

Looks great!!!

Hey Maine. I finally had a chance to get back to you. For a 3 cubic foot bag of roots 707 I add the following:

1 1/8 cups Limestone (Calcium Carbonate)
1 cup Soft Rock Phosphate
5/8 cups Gypsum
1 1/8 cups azomite
5/8 cups epsom salts
2 1/4 cups green sand
and 1/3 cubic foot of worm castings (I bought a big bag of castings and it was 1 cubic foot)

I try to mix it and let it sit a month before use. I know you may get a bunch of different soil mixes that guys like, this is just what worked for me. I like it because its all minerals and you can add nutes as well. It isnt like a super soil where you just add water. I grew the same strain (Afgoo) in the standard bag of roots 707 and then grew it again in the ammended soil and there was an obvious difference in plant health and bud size. And these were cuttings from the same mother plant.

I see your plants are looking healthier. I hope things are going well for you.

I forgot to say, that I add this mix to the bottom 1/2 of pot upon transplant and use regular roots 707 to fill in the top. Also, I use fabric pots that dry quicker than plastic pots. My mix above works well in fabric pots, but doesnt dry out well in plastic pots. If you use this mix in plastic pots add a small bag of perlite, or switch to fabric pots. I looked at your pics again and damn your plants look good.:bravo:

:popcorn:

Construction starts today on flower room. Powered by a dedicated 100 amp breaker box. The plan is to complete the build out this weekend, install all equipment, get room under control by next weekend and then put the girls in thier new home. This is going to be a 5x15 scrog. 12 plants. Lights are dual hood big kahunas with a 1000hps and 600mh in each. Total of 6 lights or 4800 watts. Also running co2.

image12351.jpg

Back
Top Bottom