Flower Child's First Grow: Seeds- Soil- MH-HPS Sun- 2013

well heck I'm going to celebrate with a big fatty and a small beer:)
Thanks everyone! :thanks:
Well Guys tonite is the night! I just reset the timer and I'm going to clean the tent and change the bulb just before lights come on. I am so psyched to have them finally in flower.:yahoo:

Hi Fish Cake, When I'm done working on them tonite I'm going to celebrate too- Bask in the HPS light with a big bowl. Plus its homemade Bloody Mary nite here- yum!
And I will post some pics of them tonite when the lites are on- camera died before I got a shot of their wierd tips.

Hi All. The girls and I thank you for all the good help! Here are the pics.
All of them under the HPS
IMG_20130525_213303.jpg

the claw
IMG_20130525_214311.jpg
another angle
IMG_20130525_212736.jpg
close up
IMG_20130525_212936.jpg
clawed up
IMG_20130525_214812.jpg

Sorry about the color. I'm trying to adjust the camera to this hps light. Its hard to see in the photos but one has a claw that is going all the way up the leaf- is that called canoeing? They are nice and green- even the tips are a dark green and the leaves are nice and thick like the other plants. Oh and its just the big fan leaves on the top of the plants. Thanks for taking a look.:peace:

Give the soil a flush. It'll take care of the problem :) Ph balanced RO water, nothing else
I'm going organic so I didn't think I needed to flush the soil. At the next watering I'll give them a good flush in the tub. :thanks:

They are looking good. I didnt relize yur PH problem was affecting .08% of one leaf! :laugh:

:icon_cool :geek: :goodjob:
HaHa ! It looks worse when you see them firsthand. And I know how fast things can deteriorate. During their 2nd to 6th weeks they yellowed-browned and dropped a set of leaves every time they grew a new set. Had to bury a lot of stem when I transplanted.... guess I'm a little paranoid after that.:phew:

Fox Farm Ocean Forest is one of the "hottest" soils you can buy. Hottest meaning so much fucking fertilizer in there that it burns most plants especially if you are using your own nutes. When I used to use fox farm I would flush the soil 3 of 4 times and then put my clones in. That way I would never have nutrient burns on my babies.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest is one of the "hottest" soils you can buy. Hottest meaning so much fucking fertilizer in there that it burns most plants especially if you are using your own nutes. When I used to use fox farm I would flush the soil 3 of 4 times and then put my clones in. That way I would never have nutrient burns on my babies.

You can....use happy frog or the soil from your last run to put cuts or seeds in.....ya, that shit will smoke plants if they aren't mature enough for it.:peace:

In retrospect I know I starved them because they were in Light Warrior Soil for far too long. They were losing leaves by the time I fertilized them; and it took for ever for them to catch up. Then they had all the shit I described on my first entry. They've only been in the Fox farm ocean forest for about 2 weeks. I'm definitely flushing them tomorrow- hopefully the clawing the 3 have will go away when they get rid of some of this fertilzer :thanks:

You can....use happy frog or the soil from your last run to put cuts or seeds in.....ya, that shit will smoke plants if they aren't mature enough for it.:peace:

Thanks- I think I might try the Happy Frog next round. Between the too cold Light Warrior and the too hot Ocean Forrest I seem to have Goldilocks girls - they want their soil juuuust right. :laughtwo:

i notice you have your High Intensity Discharge light a distance above your plants, it can be lowered to 18 inches for a 1000 watt light bulb. lower the light reflector to the point you can not feel heat on the back of your hand.

Thanks KingJohn, It's only a 600w light so I dropped it down a few inches as you suggested. I have a temp sensor hung at canopy level. When the tent temp is 75- the sensor reads 80-83 at the top leaf under the lite. Is that OK?

Was listening to music when i was watering the girls last nite. They are really starting to smell! (the girls not the music)

good tune:)

Back
Top Bottom