Flower Child's First Grow: Seeds- Soil- MH-HPS Sun- 2013

Took some new pics last nite- in 3 days they have grown a lot.
This is the smallest bomb- she is 9" tall
IMG_20130528_223519.jpg
this is the biggest bomb- 16" tall and 19"wide
IMG_20130528_223026.jpg
lots of new growth
IMG_20130528_222954.jpg
The pineapple chunks are filling in
IMG_20130528_222731.jpg
The only lst'ed one-hangs way over the pot
IMG_20130528_222612.jpg
getting thicker stems
IMG_20130528_213510.jpg
all of them starting to crowd the tent
IMG_20130528_213020.jpg

:bravo:

Lookin in your grow looks good how are the air pots workin for you ???:peace:
Hi Harley, thanks for stoppin by. I'm really liking the airpots. I used the 1 liter for them when they were young and it made transplanting really easy the way they come apart. Now they are in 3.4 gal pots.

Well I went in to turn off the lights and found this on my biggest plant
IMG_20130529_082503.jpg
IMG_20130529_082410.jpg
Is this interveinal chlorosis(sorry don't think thats spelled right)?

Well I went in to turn off the lights and found this on my biggest plant
IMG_20130529_082503.jpg
IMG_20130529_082410.jpg
Is this interveinal chlorosis(sorry don't think thats spelled right)?

Nope, not chlorosis. How close is that plant to the light?, and next, it looks like early signs of a nutrient burn. It's low on the plant so we know pretty much its not a sign of a deficiency, happened pretty darn fast too! You can do a coupla things, you can flush the pot by runnin alot of water through it, like 3 times the size of the pot in gallons, or, you can just water it.....no nutrients, until it begins to recover. Your plants aren't overwatered either, which gives me another reason to rule out a deficiency from lockout. LOL....a few ideas come to my mind when I try to decide which course of action to take. Is this plant getting repotted soon?, if it is I would flush the shit out of it, it's getting new soil soon anyway. If it's in it's final container, and still fairly young and I was confident it would recover, then I might let it ride the burn out..........water without nutes til it got alot better. That is just mcloadies loaded thought process bro, but I could be certain if I knew for sure it didn't get a little warm too close to the light.

Hey Mcloadie, Thanks for taking a look at her. I haven't fed them since they went into the FFOF soil 2 1/2 weeks ago. Could it be lack of food? She's about 18-20 inches away from the hps 600w so I don't think she's too hot.
I ph'ed their water from a 8 to a 7 at the last watering. The ph adjustment helped them a lot when they were in the light warrior soil but now I'm wondering If its not necessary in the FFOF soil so I"m actually causing problems! Can't buy ro water (too many stairs to lug up). They are in their permanent pots so should i try the flush with untreated water(ph8)? I spaced out checking their runoff last time so I have no idea what is going on in the soil.
BTW I'd still be killing seedlings if it weren't for all the help from you and fish cake and all the other growers here- sure do appreciate all you guys do! :thanks:

Hey Mcloadie, Thanks for taking a look at her. I haven't fed them since they went into the FFOF soil 2 1/2 weeks ago. Could it be lack of food? She's about 18-20 inches away from the hps 600w so I don't think she's too hot.
I ph'ed their water from a 8 to a 7 at the last watering. The ph adjustment helped them a lot when they were in the light warrior soil but now I'm wondering If its not necessary in the FFOF soil so I"m actually causing problems! Can't buy ro water (too many stairs to lug up). They are in their permanent pots so should i try the flush with untreated water(ph8)? I spaced out checking their runoff last time so I have no idea what is going on in the soil.
BTW I'd still be killing seedlings if it weren't for all the help from you and fish cake and all the other growers here- sure do appreciate all you guys do! :thanks:

And it's just this one plant? That soil has got food in it, it shouldn't be needing it, but not unacceptable to start feeding, but thats not the problem. At this point, I think I would give it some ph7 water, for a few waterings, it's amazing to me that this is only happening to one plant, I would water once with no nutrients, then give it a real weak dose..say 20% of your nutrient. You said it helped when you adjusted the ph of your water, ph8 water is not ideal. What did you adjust the ph of the water with?

And it's just this one plant? That soil has got food in it, it shouldn't be needing it, but not unacceptable to start feeding, but thats not the problem. At this point, I think I would give it some ph7 water, for a few waterings, it's amazing to me that this is only happening to one plant, I would water once with no nutrients, then give it a real weak dose..say 20% of your nutrient. You said it helped when you adjusted the ph of your water, ph8 water is not ideal. What did you adjust the ph of the water with?

Yep just the one plant- and just all the big fan leaves. Its the biggest THC Bomb and her smaller sisters were all fine. I treat the water with 5 drops of general hydroponics PH down per gallon and I stir it well. Can't wait till lites on tonite to see whats going on- this happened so fast!

hey Flower Child,:peace:

hey Flower Child, for all the other folks out there. I know give it a rest:)
I have a chart in my blog that you may like to see and keep around to help with diagnosis of certain nute problems. or have I told you this before? if not its handy:)there is 2 pages

a pH of 7 is still to high for soil, you ideally want a pH of 6.5. my tap water is pH 7.4 out of the tap, i notice if i let it sit for a while after adjusting it it climbs back up. i would adjust some water and let it sit for 1-2 hours and recheck/ re adjust it then use it.
here is a pH nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

you may also wish to consult the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

hey Flower Child, for all the other folks out there. I know give it a rest:)
I have a chart in my blog that you may like to see and keep around to help with diagnosis of certain nute problems. or have I told you this before? if not its handy:)there is 2 pages
Thanks, I took a look at it. Lots of good info. Best I can tell my plant has some kind of micronutrient-mg -mn def or toxicity. All mostly caused by high ph. I just checked her a few minutes ago and the spots are the same- no worse so hopefully she will recover. And luckily the other girls are fine.:phew:

"a pH of 7 is still to high for soil, you ideally want a pH of 6.5. my tap water is pH 7.4 out of the tap, i notice if i let it sit for a while after adjusting it it climbs back up. i would adjust some water and let it sit for 1-2 hours and recheck/ re adjust it then use it."

Thanks KingJohn, I've been just adding the ph down, stirring and then watering them. I will try waiting and recheck the water to see if it too goes back up.

good weed Flower Child:)

Back
Top Bottom