Flower Child's First Grow: Seeds- Soil- MH-HPS Sun- 2013

close eyes! think tree, open eyes, make tree:)

OK so here's the end of miss bronzed bomb.
Here she is after her 36 hours in the dark
IMG_20130727_095253.jpg

And after the fans are removed
IMG_20130727_103530.jpg

The fan leaves
IMG_20130727_103601.jpg

Then I cut her down branch by branch till this was left
IMG_20130727_104049.jpg

Then it was off to the dining table for trimming. I discovered it's easier to get at the tiny leaves by holding the branch upside down so i could see the tiny stem.
IMG_20130727_104238.jpg
IMG_20130727_104605.jpg
IMG_20130727_120051.jpg
IMG_20130727_120034.jpg
IMG_20130727_120945.jpg

Then I strung them up
IMG_20130727_123625.jpg

And it was back to the closet to dry
IMG_20130727_125913.jpg

Got a bit of scissor hash
IMG_20130727_125139.jpg

And smoked it -the hash is the dark blobs on top of the bud
IMG_20130727_130342.jpg

She had a nice root system- not potbound- looks like the 3.4 gal airpots were big enough.
IMG_20130727_131154.jpg

Start to finish it took about 2 hours so now I know how much time to plan for when it's time for the others to go. Oh and I was done stringing the buds up when I remembered that I forgot to wash them- decided to let this one be unwashed so I can use it as a comparison to the next ones (they will be washed).
Wet weight was 235 gms but thats including a whole lot of stem. Hopefully she will yield an oz or so by the time she's dry.

OK so here's the end of this girl.
Here she is after her time in the dark
IMG_20130727_095253.jpg

And after the fans are removed
IMG_20130727_103530.jpg

Then I cut her down branch by branch
IMG_20130727_104049.jpg

good for you and good for you some more for leaving the sugar leaves and good for you for tree making and good for you for starting a seed and good for you for growing such a fine Lady Young Lady!
have a rep

Looks sweet FC ;)
Thanks rune! I'm really happy with it.
good for you and good for you some more for leaving the sugar leaves and good for you for tree making and good for you for starting a seed and good for you for growing such a fine Lady Young Lady!
have a rep
Thanks fish cake:cheesygrinsmiley: I thought harvesting was boring, exciting and a bit sad- all at the same time! The sadness was just a fleeting thought as I started killing her, and was quickly replaced by a new awareness- the SMELL! Wow it spread all over the whole house. Its amazing how much more odor trimmed branches have vs intact plants. Sure am glad no one rang the doorbell during the processing. Now I have my eye on the next 2 to go- think I might put them in the dark tomorrow or monday.
Im guessing 44.5 g's dried. :)
:bravo:
That would be nice.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Good job and thank you FC!!! I thought the wet/dry weight was figured to be about 50% or a little more of the wet weight? +reps
Thanks Dharma! It is 50%. However, because I'm a noob and made a lot of mistakes this first go-round, theres a lot more stem than you see on most plants. I'm figuring that about 2/3 of the total weight is stem so that will leave around 78g of actual bud, which when it drys should yield around 40g I hope. Plus theres all the trim to make a bit of hash with! Considering how strong it is I'm very happy with it.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Wait, just saw tht pics... Im guessin 78g dry. :)
That was supposed to say 78g "bud" not "dry"-LOL. Guess the thought process got a bit muddled there. You see,when I wrote that I'd already tried a first bowl with scissor hash on it. The one I took a picture of was the second bowl. I took a nap after I finished that one.:rofl: Your first guess is close to what I'm hoping for:cheesygrinsmiley:
Super nice! Way to go! +reps
Thanks Backpackin! One down eight to go:cheesygrinsmiley:

FC, take a moment to look at this product I found in my research. They are containers of different sizes, that have a humidi pack you slip inside the cover that keeps the interior at 62% humidity. They can be used for both curing and storage and also bring vitality back to old dried nugs that have lost their aroma. They are at thecvault.com and the pricing is affordable. I am not associated with them, but I pass along any product I deem worth it to my friends.

FC, take a moment to look at this product I found in my research. They are containers of different sizes, that have a humidi pack you slip inside the cover that keeps the interior at 62% humidity. They can be used for both curing and storage and also bring vitality back to old dried nugs that have lost their aroma. They are at thecvault.com and the pricing is affordable. I am not associated with them, but I pass along any product I deem worth it to my friends.
Hey Dharma, thanks. Would you believe I already have the humidity packs ready to go- the same ones- Boveda. I first discovered them when I worked at a cigar shop a couple of years ago. I've been using them ever since to keep bought bags from being so dry (burns too fast when its dry). Those cvault containers look pretty sweet- they look like round versions of the rectangular sterilizing containers we used to use in operating rooms. I already have canning jars for this time but I may look into them for the future- :thanks:

:circle-of-love:

Good morning and good weed Flower it must be nice to have a harvest going on any Idea what your total weight will be ???????:peace::high-five::thumb::goodjob::bravo::cheer::circle-of-love:
Good morning Harley, yes it feels great to be finally harvesting!:) This first plant I took down had the skinniest buds cause she had a wierd deficiency and all her fans suffered early on. I think I will get a bit more than one oz from her. The other bombs I hope for 2 oz per plant and the pineapples about 1oz per plant because their buds look rather fluffy. The total weights Im hoping for is around 10-15 oz. That will hopefully be enough to tide us over till the next harvest.:wood:
Have a great day!:):peace:

:dreamy::slide::dreamy:

Damn, I gotta get a HID setup....
Yea Spimp but HID is also kind of scary. I'm always afraid that when I leave the house the fans will stop and the tent will catch fire. Thats the biggest reason I run the lights at night. You see this is my second hood. The first one i received didn't work- the bulb would flash on for a second and then go right out......When I sent it back, the store called me and said it made a hissing noise, burst into flames and started a warehouse fire for them when they plugged it in.:thedoubletake: Seems it was wired wrong from the factory. That left me with a healthy respect for heat and electricity.:bitingnails:........but theres no denying it yields good results:cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

Back
Top Bottom