Flower Child's First Grow: Seeds- Soil- MH-HPS Sun- 2013

BTW, (if I can be so presumptious as to celebrate on your journal) that was my first harvest in 25 years - Yay for me!

:goof:

Ok! I waited a while to say anything.........BUT.......Overall, a great first time grow...you've learned a hell of a lot.
You are quick study. In other words.....A Damn Good First Grow....be proud My Lady Friend!
:love::circle-of-love::cheer::thumb::party:

Hi Flower decisions, decisions, Don Paul has an excellent post about nanners and how they pollinate flowers check it out good info there:peace::circle-of-love::thumb:
Thanks Harley, I just checked out that post- his whole journal seems very informative- I'm going to have to read the whole thing.:) Love that you are planning to develop your own strain.:thumb: I just realized, if that bomb's nanner fertilized any of the pineapples, I will have female "Pineapple Bomb" or "THC Chunk" seeds.:cheesygrinsmiley:
BTW, (if I can be so presumptious as to celebrate on your journal) that was my first harvest in 25 years - Yay for me!

:goof:
You did good! Celebrate away!:party: For a first harvest in 25 years I'd say that's an awesome job. I'v always read that autos have lower yields but your plant sure proved that theory wrong.:welldone: Congrats!
Ok! I waited a while to say anything.........BUT.......Overall, a great first time grow...you've learned a hell of a lot.
You are quick study. In other words.....A Damn Good First Grow....be proud My Lady Friend!
:love::circle-of-love::cheer::thumb::party:

Thank you OMM! Means a lot coming from you! :cheesygrinsmiley: And yes I am pretty proud of them- I set my goals pretty low for this first grow and have been totally blown away by how these plants grew and filled out. I had a book to read too, but 99% of what I've learned about growing our favorite plant was here on :420::circle-of-love:

Flower you found a silver lining in a grey cloud good job on the grow +reps for you:peace::goodjob::thumb::high-five::circle-of-love:
Hi Harley, I just figure that seedy weed is better than no weed at all. And I probably won't need to buy seeds for years......:cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks for the reps!:thanks::peace:

Every last one of those seeds will be female........all the different phenos will probly show up.....it's fun!
Yea it's going to be cool especially if a few are pineapple bomb seeds- that could be a really good combo:rollit::cheesygrinsmiley:
Just the thought of seeds brings back a lot of memories.
good ones I hope:)
Flower you are gonna have your own strains. How exciting is that?? I am a seed guy all the way I love to grow from seed good job:peace::goodjob::thumb:
It is rather fun to think what a mix of the 2 strains will be like. I am a seed person too- at least for the time being. Eventually I will rewire the house a bit to run a second tent to try clones and moms-but I'm pretty sure I'll be finding enough seeds in these current girls so that won't be for a while.:):peace:

Forgot to mention that I only put one girl in the dark yesterday. We've had a couple rainy days here and the arthritis in my hands is acting up so I decided not to push it(I am retired after all-LOL).
Well, have a great day everyone- I'm off to chop her down!:peace:

Forgot to mention that I only put one girl in the dark yesterday. We've had a couple rainy days here and the arthritis in my hands is acting up so I decided not to push it(I am retired after all-LOL).
Well, have a great day everyone- I'm off to chop her down!:peace:

Sorry about the arthritis its two toke Tuesday get some meds lady and then enjoy the chop lol:peace::circle-of-love::high-five::bravo::goodjob::thumb::cheer:

:popcorn:

CANT WAIT!! Hope you post some pretty pics of all the buds ma'am.
They are downloading right now:cheesygrinsmiley:
Sorry about the arthritis its two toke Tuesday get some meds lady and then enjoy the chop lol:peace::circle-of-love::high-five::bravo::goodjob::thumb::cheer:
Thanks Harley, I just finished taking her down and I can still type so its all good. This one had less leaves so it only took about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish. I'm also toaster drying a few buds again:rollit: It's rather fun getting a nice high and pain relief from a plant I grew myself.:):peace:

All right the pics are ready. Here she is enjoying her last moments of life. (sniff)
IMG_20130730_115039.jpg

And a few minutes later
IMG_20130730_115603.jpg

I actually remembered to give them a little rinse with some water and here they are nice and wet after a bath
IMG_20130730_125744.jpg

I don't recall supercropping any of the bombs so she did this all by herself
IMG_20130730_123821.jpg

And here they are, all ready for the drying closet
IMG_20130730_133311.jpg

These were too small to hang so they were laid on the drying rack
IMG_20130730_132441.jpg

This plant weighed about 20g more than the first. She came in at 254g wet wt. Allowing for stems and drying I'm hoping for at least 40g from her too.
It's surprising how much the buds shrink when drying. Plant #1 has been in the drying closet for 3 days now and it's buds are less than half the size of the buds on the plant I just hung up. She(plant#1) still needs a couple more days in the closet as the stems are still bendable and the buds feel a bit damp yet. I think the closet works out well for drying- theres a fan on low, temp stays at 72 and humidity is in the 50's. Now I can't wait to jar them.:cheesygrinsmiley:

:cheer::party:

YAY!

I think 40g, easy!

:thumb:

Thanks Graytail! This is only 2 down, still have 7 to go. If the others yield as much as these first 2 have, we will be set with smoke for months.:cheesygrinsmiley: I'm loving this! The savings alone will exceed the startup expenses with this first grow- plus it's organic so I know there's no toxic chemicals in it. And its a fun hobby!:cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

I wound up using the drying rack to dry all the buds that are too small to hang. Because my closet is short only 6 shelves are useable, and so far I have 3 shelves full. If I put all the big buds in the rack it would have been full with just the 2 plants. Using the hangers will let me squeeze 4 plants into the closet without compromising circulation. I have cardboard boxes ready too in case I run out of room. Thinking I'm going to have to buy more jars and order more boveda packs though. Even allowing for shrinkage this is going to be a lot of weed to smoke:tokin::lot-o-toke:. :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom