Flower Child's First Grow: Seeds- Soil- MH-HPS Sun- 2013

A fine Weednesday to you FC:circle-of-love:

Good weed fc, I had a chamber pipe when I was a kid.....like 19-20, I musta stashed it in my parents kitchen, cuz one day I was just gazin about and saw it on top of a pantry thingy. I picked it up and wondered if there was anything in the chamber, there was, an orange hair sinse bud.....I remembered the very weed I was smoking in that pipe while on leave from the military. I touched it and it turned to dust!.....the end....LOL...it was at least 20 years old!

Thanks fish cake, Happy Weedday!:bong::)
Thanks Beemerbill It's amazing how the aroma changes a bit every day too. Have a great Weedday!:)

Good Weedday Harley! I agree that all the folks here are awesome. I almost feel like I have more friends at 420 than in real life. And best of all, I can talk about my favorite hobby with everyone here. Outside of immediate family, only my best friend of 20 years and her husband know I grow. :shhh:
A wine cure sounds delicious. The oldest weed I ever smoked was about 5 years old. A friend had lost her stash box during a move long ago. When she found it years later it still had about a quarter oz in a wooden box and I got to try it. Tasted very smooth and still gave a nice high. I can only imagine how good home grown wine cured must taste.:yummy::high-five::green_heart::peace:

The bud has only been in the box for couple days and it smells like apples and nuts already and the bud is rock hard I'm gonna build two more for the other strains. and it's getting closer. I sound like a kid at xmas can't wait:peace::thanks::circle-of-love:

Happy Friedday Young Lady:)

Good Weed to you FC! I know each person has their particular times on harvest and curing, and it's going to be especially hard on me because I have no stash. How many days do you leave them hanging? How many do you cure for? +reps for envy's sake lol!

Nice grow and harvest +reps great grow

congratulations on your harvest! waiting on dry weights.

Happy Friedday Young Lady:)

Good Weed to you FC! I know each person has their particular times on harvest and curing, and it's going to be especially hard on me because I have no stash. How many days do you leave them hanging? How many do you cure for? +reps for envy's sake lol!
Thanks and Good Weedend All! Spent all day yesterday straightening up the grow room and jarring the last of the buds. I didn't feel much like being on line as I got some unsettling news about my daughters father. He was recently diagnosed with cancer. However it seems he won't have to die of cancer- due to chemo side effects he's expected to pass this weekend.:straightface:

In cheerier news, I have the final harvest weights.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Heres how it all worked out:
The 4 THC Bomb plants gave me 7.6 oz of nice dense buds.
The 5 Pineapple Chunks were quite a bit less at 5.7 oz of rather airy buds.
That makes a grand total of 13.3oz. (plus a couple gallon bags of trim and small buds for hash.)
Overall I am very pleased with the results- this should last us for months.:rollit::party:

Oh and Dharma, I hung them for 4-6 days at 55% humidity before they were dry enough to jar. I have humidity meters in a couple of the jars and I open the jars (3 times a day at first) for a few minutes to allow for fresh air to get in. Some of the jars are now at 62% which is maintained by the humidity packs. I have done many samples of my weed without a cure and it is fine- just tastes a bit grassy. You can start smoking your weed and be happy with no cure at all. That being said, a few jars have been curing for a week now and the aroma is incredible. I can't wait to see how it evolves with time.:)

One of my vacations is cancelled (as my oldest and dearest friend is flying out here instead:)), so I will likely be starting seedlings and a new journal in a few days (after the funeral). I really miss having plants!

And again I would like to thank everyone who gave me the help and encouragement to get thru this first grow.:high-five::thanks:

FC, I think that it's awesome, almost a pound dry!!! I'm sorry to here about your ex, makes me wonder what my feelings would be if my ex-wife were under the same circumstances. I am sure you are taking it harder, you have much more compassion and a kinder heart than I do. I have hardened over the years unfortunately. :)

Flower my condolences :love: What was the total wet weight of your plants buds?????:peace::goodjob::high-five::thumb::bravo::cheer::circle-of-love:
Thank you Harley. The wet weight added up to 4.4 lbs but that included a whole lot of stem!
Im also hoping to get a few grams of hash cause I have a 4 oz bag of sugar leaves and a 3 oz bag of small fluffy buds in the freezer. The fluffy buds are all the lower stuff that got very little light- next time they will be picked off as soon as they appear, lesson learned!
FC, I think that it's awesome, almost a pound dry!!! I'm sorry to here about your ex, makes me wonder what my feelings would be if my ex-wife were under the same circumstances. I am sure you are taking it harder, you have much more compassion and a kinder heart than I do. I have hardened over the years unfortunately. :)
Thanks Dharma- I'm pretty sure that 13 jars will last the 3 of us till the next harvest is ready.:cheesygrinsmiley:
As far as the ex- I've felt my share of anger against him, but it's hard to carry resentment against someone for forever. Especially when you see a lot of his features and mannerisms in the child you share. I actually feel pity for him now. I'm sure I will need a kleenex at the funeral but most of the feelings will be sympathy for my daughter and his elderly mother (for whom he was caretaker).

Happy Skunkday Young Lady:circle-of-love:

Good morning Flower Child have a great Skunkday.

You gotta love it!!!!!! Great journal look forward to the next go round:peace::thumb::goodjob::high-five::bravo::roorrip::passitleft::bigtoke::ciao:
Thanks Harley, I have everything ready for the next grow- just waiting for the right time in a week or so.
Great grow sorry to hear of your lose FC
Thank you Carl!
will you start another journal for your next grow?
Absolutely- I love it here at 420.
Happy Skunkday Young Lady:circle-of-love:
Happy Skunkday to you fishy- I started my day off with some ice water hash I made last nite.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Good morning Flower Child have a great Skunkday.
And a Happy Skunkday to you Beemerbill!
Good mornin and good weed Flower just stopped by to invite you to new journal Titled From Seed to Harvest Under 2 ea 320W LED
See ya later:peace::circle-of-love:
Cool- I'll definitely be following along!:cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

Well this is the final harvest results from the bags of trim. I made ice hash last night and wound up with 2 gms of goldish and another 3 gms of greenish hash.:cheesygrinsmiley:

In summary,I'd just like to say that I made a lot of mistakes this first time and had some crowded messy girls with issues. But thanks to all the help from my imaginary friends here at :420:the plants rewarded me well anyway.:cheesygrinsmiley:
A few resolutions for the next grow:
Have fewer plants so there is room for lst.
When using lite warrior soil will feed early and overall I will feed more nutes throughout- I was too stingy.
Toppings and fimings will be done mutiple times at an early age.
Much more agressive supercropping and tying down will be done to keep the canopy level.
All light deprived lower buds will be removed- they use energy but stay small and fluffy.
Fan leaves will be gradually removed to facilitate light exposure.

I sure appreciate everyone who followed this journal and invite you to my as yet unnamed future journal that wil be starting in about a week. Thanks again everyone!:cheesygrinsmiley::ciao:

PS How do I let the mods know this journal can now be moved to the completed section?

Back
Top Bottom