GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Hello grow gang.

Just in case someone hasn't seen a pic of my babies, here they are on Day 6. 🙂

New Trick babies 2-27-24 D6.jpg

Lemon Bubble then Blue Cindy then Cosmic Lights then Hash Lover.

I turned up the XS1500 Pro to 50% today, as it looked liked the little LB was ready to handle it. The light hangs 12 inches above.

-----------------------------

I got my coco today. It was the last mandatory item that I didn't have. I went with this one:

cocodelphia.jpg

Deciding on this one was easy. My grow shop only had two brands and the other one didn't have a cool name. 😛

----------------------

Thanks for peeking.

PEACE

Hey there GDB, I’m late, but I made it and all caught up now. Babies looking happy and healthy. I’m excited to see your results with the self watering base. I’ve got a set of those as well, but starting to use one later in veg. I’ll be nice to see how they work out from the beginning. :love:

Those little ladies are looking good for just 5 days old!✋😁

That trimmer is pretty cool- does it get gummed up with resin at all?

Hello all.

It's Day 10 for the New Trick babies and the Cosmic Lights has a minor issue.

She (3rd from left) looks over-watered.

New Trick babies 3-2-24 D10.JPG

She is the tallest of the 4 only because she was the first to emerge from soil. When I look at her roots, however, they lag in development compared to the other two larger plants. Her roots are only slightly more developed than those of the small Lemon Bubble on the left.

I'll slow down watering the CL and give her longer dry periods in an attempt to speed up her root development.

Last night, I also gave all the girls a small dose of Root Ruckus, a blend of organic humic acid, organic kelp and endo mycorrhizae fungi. This stuff works pretty well. The last time I used it I had roots exploding all over the place.

Root Ruckus.JPG

-------------------------------

When I up-pot these plants I'll be trying another amendment, Bios all natural plant fertilizer. The manufacturer says its "fermented wheat bran that has billions of healthy bacteria and fungi..."

This product was offered as free samples, for a $3 shipping charge.

Oddly, the dosing instructions give no amounts but merely say to sprinkle some of the Bios on the soil and water it in. It even has a little drawing of a hand sprinkling some out, as a chef would hand-sprinkle salt!

Bios.jpg

I'm banking on it being important to have a strong, healthy root structure in order to optimize the performance of the swick bases. So I'm throwing lots of goodies at the roots.

-----------------------

They're on the fast track Black!
They're on the track, Stone! I care not about fast or slow, as long as they're on the track! :Rasta:
Congrats on the fancy coco, and the plants look great for day 4! :)
I can always "count" on you to muck things up! :Rasta:
Those little ladies are looking good for just 5 days old!✋😁

That trimmer is pretty cool- does it get gummed up with resin at all?
And I can always "count" on you to muck things up further! :Rasta:

That trimmer might get gummy over time, but I think it would take a lot of use for that to happen. Wet trimming might also increase the chances of it getting dirty. However, I only use mine for dry-trimming.

Plus, I hardly ever use mine so there's no build-up of any kind.

Hey there GDB, I’m late, but I made it and all caught up now. Babies looking happy and healthy. I’m excited to see your results with the self watering base. I’ve got a set of those as well, but starting to use one later in veg. I’ll be nice to see how they work out from the beginning. :love:
Glad to have you here HH. I hope you see what you need to see!

GDB…probably going to learn a lot here following. Multi strain grows are always ambitious, I do respect. Cheers
Thanks for looking in cr8grow. You hedge your bets with multi-strain grows. You're bound to find at least one strain that you really like!
It is with differ strains and now trick tease is going to CoCoo this is going to be good ,But I will bee here until he runs me off or over LOL Good day GDB!
You're determined to see this through, huh, smoke?

Well I won't run you off or over and I hope not to disappoint! :Rasta:

------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE

Hello all.

It's Day 10 for the New Trick babies and the Cosmic Lights has a minor issue.

She (3rd from left) looks over-watered.

New Trick babies 3-2-24 D10.JPG

She is the tallest of the 4 only because she was the first to emerge from soil. When I look at her roots, however, they lag in development compared to the other two larger plants. Her roots are only slightly more developed than those of the small Lemon Bubble on the left.

I'll slow down watering the CL and give her longer dry periods in an attempt to speed up her root development.

Last night, I also gave all the girls a small dose of Root Ruckus, a blend of organic humic acid, organic kelp and endo mycorrhizae fungi. This stuff works pretty well. The last time I used it I had roots exploding all over the place.

Root Ruckus.JPG

-------------------------------

When I up-pot these plants I'll be trying another amendment, Bios all natural plant fertilizer. The manufacturer says its "fermented wheat bran that has billions of healthy bacteria and fungi..."

This product was offered as free samples, for a $3 shipping charge.

Oddly, the dosing instructions give no amounts but merely say to sprinkle some of the Bios on the soil and water it in. It even has a little drawing of a hand sprinkling some out, as a chef would hand-sprinkle salt!

Bios.jpg

I'm banking on it being important to have a strong, healthy root structure in order to optimize the performance of the swick bases. So I'm throwing lots of goodies at the roots.

-----------------------

They're on the track, Stone! I care not about fast or slow, as long as they're on the track! :Rasta:

I can always "count" on you to muck things up! :Rasta:

And I can always "count" of you to muck things up further! :Rasta:

That trimmer might get gummy over time, but I think it would take a lot of use for that to happen. Wet trimming might also increase the chances of it getting dirty. However, I only use mine for dry-trimming.

Plus, I hardly ever use mine so there's no build-up of any kind.

Glad to have you here HH. I hope you see what you need to see!

Thanks for looking in cr8grow. You hedge your bets with multi-strain grows. You're bound to find at least one strain that you really like!

You're determined to see this through, huh, smoke?

Well I won't run you off or over and I hope not to disappoint! :Rasta:

------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE
Sounds like a good concoction of microbes and food for em, maybe I'll give that a shot @ Some point GDB! Plants look good ✌️

From the site >>

How do I use Bios organic fertilizer?​

1. Sprinkle on top of your soil (1 tablespoon per 6" pot, 2 tablespoons per 12" pot, etc.) once per month for fast growing plants, and every other month for slow growing plants. If you are mixing soil for repotting, mix Bios directly into the soil at 1/4 cup per gallon of soil. *NOTE: If growing in a high humidity environment, mix Bios into top layer of soil or use as amendment only.
  2. Wait until plants need watering and then water thoroughly.
  3. 2-3 days after watering, you'll notice a white fuzz growing! This is healthy fungi 🍄. If you don't see the fuzz right away, it's still working! The microbes are activated by water and will find their way to your roots.
  4. Watch the magic happen 💫 Your soil is now alive and your plants will thank you with new growth in no time. 😵

From the site >>

How do I use Bios organic fertilizer?​

1. Sprinkle on top of your soil (1 tablespoon per 6" pot, 2 tablespoons per 12" pot, etc.) once per month for fast growing plants, and every other month for slow growing plants. If you are mixing soil for repotting, mix Bios directly into the soil at 1/4 cup per gallon of soil. *NOTE: If growing in a high humidity environment, mix Bios into top layer of soil or use as amendment only.
  2. Wait until plants need watering and then water thoroughly.
  3. 2-3 days after watering, you'll notice a white fuzz growing! This is healthy fungi 🍄. If you don't see the fuzz right away, it's still working! The microbes are activated by water and will find their way to your roots.
  4. Watch the magic happen 💫 Your soil is now alive and your plants will thank you with new growth in no time. 😵
Thanks for that Smoke! That info is included when you click the link for buying a bag of bios.

I missed it because I saw the word "Free" and only clicked on that link! 🙂

Thanks for that Smoke! That info is included when you click the link for buying a bag of bios.

I missed it because I saw the word "Free" and only clicked on that link! 🙂
Ha!

I went back to the site and clicked on the "Free" link again. Had I scrolled down, the same feeding instructions are on that page too.

Obviously, I didn't care about anything but the fact that it was "free!" 🙂

Had I scrolled down, the same feeding instructions are on that page too.
I'd figure the directions were printed on the package, so
I wouldn't of looked past "Free" either..😁..👍

Back
Top Bottom