GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

I am curious GDB. If I remember correctly your Blue Cindy was in soil with grow dots. Has it been any easier/harder to manage than the coco medium?
You remember incorrectly Crusher. The Blue Cindy and the other 3 Phase I plants are in coco. The BC and (now) remote Cosmic Lights were on grow dots. The Blue Cindy is now on Strive nutrients (her Dots expended) and the Cosmic Lights is going outdoors next week at a friend's place. She'll be fed Geoflora nutrients going forward.

All of the Phase II plants are in used soil and being feed General Hydroponics Maxi nutrients.

Great looking flower brother, looks like there holding some weight 💪 Hash Lover is loaded with white pistils she just getting started! She was supposed to be the fastest flowering 😁 Looking forward to the next few weeks.

As for the leaves it's funny how it's just the one lady? @seaofgreen18 is probably on the right path with flushing but with tap water high PH untill run off PH is in range but can only be confirmed with checking PH at the roots.

For me consistently checking run off it became evident that from week 3ish flower plants pick up the process of excretion and if not kept on top of it really pushed the PH down by week 5/6 but I'm surprised it's not HL showing signs first being the fastest flower.

Did your plants get any Mycorrhizae at any point? I'd be interested to know if topdressing some bokashi bran at this stage helps at all too.

I use the same calmag as you and I was feeding at 1.5ml/L which noticeably slowed the necrosis down and 2.0 stopped it.

But besides all of that whatever happens your end flower is going to be 🔥 💯 👊✌️
Sorry for the delayed response GV. I somehow lost your post in the shuffle.

Thanks for the kind words.

Since I am using swick bases there is no run-off to check. I often check the contents of the swick bases for pH drift. It was drifting substantially early on the grow but seemed to stabilize as the plants got older. Now, the swicks are empty or near empty on a daily basis so there's usually nothing in the reservoir to check. My coco is pH neutral and all feeds are pHed to 5.8ish before going into the res.

The girls were given mycos at transplant (sprinkled in the hole and on the roots). And they all got at least one additional top-feed of Bios (basically fermented wheat bran).

Last night I think I saw the beginnings of some improvement on the leaves of the Lemon Bubble. I think the top-feeds of calmag are having some effect!

Good morning gang!

It's Day 43 for the Phase II girls and with each passing day I'm getting a little bit more pleased with the way they're shaping up.

I always aim to grow a self-supporting plant that will need no bamboo, yoyos or any other type of support at the end. I fail at accomplishing that about 98% of the time. But when I look at the 2 Fat Kids's Cakes today, I see plants that could possibly be ones that will support themselves. And the Godberry is so short, I don't believe flopping will be part of her equation!

Thing is, I've felt this way about many plants before at this stage (before flip), only to be stymied at the end. It makes for some good flop pics but leaves me scratching my bald spot. :straightface:

Anyhow, here are the girls this morning:
NT P2 5-13-24 F43 tent.jpg

You may recall that I snapped off one of the top branches of the FKC#1(right). Well the node directly below the break took advantage of that mishap. One side shot up quickly, while the other side kinda' mutated and seems confused about what to do.
NT P2 5-12-24 D42 at break node.jpg

These plants have got my attention now. I hope they can sense my more positive outlook! :Rasta:

---------------------------

Thanks for your time.

PEACE

Good morning gang!

It's Day 43 for the Phase II girls and with each passing day I'm getting a little bit more pleased with the way they're shaping up.

I always aim to grow a self-supporting plant that will need no bamboo, yoyos or any other type of support at the end. I fail at accomplishing that about 98% of the time. But when I look at the 2 Fat Kids's Cakes today, I see plants that could possibly be ones that will support themselves. And the Godberry is so short, I don't believe flopping will be part of her equation!

Thing is, I've felt this way about many plants before at this stage (before flip), only to be stymied at the end. It makes for some good flop pics but leaves me scratching my bald spot. :straightface:

Anyhow, here are the girls this morning:
NT P2 5-13-24 F43 tent.jpg

You may recall that I snapped off one of the top branches of the FKC#1(right). Well the node directly below the break took advantage of that mishap. One side shot up quickly, while the other side kinda' mutated and seems confused about what to do.
NT P2 5-12-24 D42 at break node.jpg

These plants have got my attention now. I hope they can sense my more positive outlook! :Rasta:

---------------------------

Thanks for your time.

PEACE
Man, of course they sense your positive outlook!

Looking good GDP! :) Breaking limbs off in veg usually only results in more growth doesn't it.:oops::cheesygrinsmiley::bong:
That does seem to be the rule GW! :Rasta:

Detective Magoo

I feel like such an idiot. But what good is that unless you can share why with friends.

Now I will admit I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. However, my elevator still does go to the top floor. Sometimes when it gets there, the door get stuck and won't open. And then the Fire Department has to come and pry it open. But at least it reaches the top floor! :)

I've been in communication with @Herbies Seeds regarding my GJOTY prize. A few weeks back they wrote me asking if I had received the package and I told them I had not. I also told them that I had not received any tracking number or other indication that the seeds had been sent and were on the way. Without hesitation they asked me for a different shipping address they could use in order to resend the prize package.

Fast forward to about a week later and the package arrived at the second address.

I got it home and opened it and there was, let's call it an "electronic gizmo", inside the package and nothing else. (Mrs. GDB was sitting in the room with me as I opened it. Oh my. :straightface:)

I told the Mrs. this is the same stupid package I received several weeks ago, with nothing inside but that same gizmo. When the first package had arrived she was also in on it. She told me at that time, it must be inside the gizmo. I said, that was not likely, I doubt that any company would go that far in using stealth shipping methods. At the time, I had know idea that the first package had been sent from Herbies (again, no tracking number had been provided - and one usually is provided when items are shipped).

So now I've got two of these gizmos. Again, Mrs. GDB says it must be inside the gizmo. And again, I blew her off.

I write Herbies and tell them about what I got from them and asking what the problem might be. They write me back happy that I'd received the package and telling me to open the gizmo where I will find the seeds hidden inside. I foolishly read this message out loud to the Mrs. She jumps from her chair, throws her hands in the air and starts laughing like a hyena. "I told you! I told you, but you wouldn't listen!"

She absolutely lives for moments like this. :straightface:

I remove the 2 microscopic-sized screws from one of the gizmos and pry it open. The seeds are in plastic bags taped inside the gizmos. The bags are labeled "1" and "2."

I write Herbies again, apologizing and letting them know that I got both shipments. I asked if they could tell me which seeds I was sent. They said #1 are Apple Bettys and #2 are Grandmommy Purples.

Yes and Yes! :yahoo:

Det. Magoo has solved another one!

Much thanks to @Herbies Seeds, which, IMO, has taken stealth to a whole new level. Serious kudos to you for your generosity (they let me keep all the seeds) and patience! :thanks:

Detective Magoo

I feel like such an idiot. But what good is that unless you can share why with friends.

Now I will admit I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. However, my elevator still does go to the top floor. Sometimes when it gets there, the door get stuck and won't open. And then the Fire Department has to come and pry it open. But at least it reaches the top floor! :)

I've been in communication with @Herbies Seeds regarding my GJOTY prize. A few weeks back they wrote me asking if I had received the package and I told them I had not. I also told them that I had not received any tracking number or other indication that the seeds had been sent and were on the way. Without hesitation they asked me for a different shipping address they could use in order to resend the prize package.

Fast forward to about a week later and the package arrived at the second address.

I got it home and opened it and there was, let's call it an "electronic gizmo", inside the package and nothing else. (Mrs. GDB was sitting in the room with me as I opened it. Oh my. :straightface:)

I told the Mrs. this is the same stupid package I received several weeks ago, with nothing inside but that same gizmo. When the first package had arrived she was also in on it. She told me at that time, it must be inside the gizmo. I said, that was not likely, I doubt that any company would go that far in using stealth shipping methods. At the time, I had know idea that the first package had been sent from Herbies (again, no tracking number had been provided - and one usually is provided when items are shipped).

So now I've got two of these gizmos. Again, Mrs. GDB says it must be inside the gizmo. And again, I blew her off.

I write Herbies and tell them about what I got from them and asking what the problem might be. They write me back happy that I've received the package and telling me to open the gizmo where I will find the seeds hidden inside. I foolishly read this message out loud to the Mrs. She jumps from her chair, throws her hands in the air and starts laughing like a hyena. "I told you! I told you, but you wouldn't listen!"

I remove the 2 microscopic screw from the gizmo and pry it open. The seeds are in plastic bags taped inside the gizmos. The bags are labeled "1" and "2."

I write Herbies again, apologizing and letting them know that I got both shipments. I asked if they could tell me which seeds I was sent. They said #1 are Apple Bettys and #2 are Grandmommy Purples.

Much thanks to @Herbies Seeds, which, IMO, has taken stealth to a whole new level. Serious kudos to you for your generosity (they let me keep all the seeds) and patience! :thanks:
Awesome bonus GDB

Detective Magoo

I write Herbies and tell them about what I got from them and asking what the problem might be. They write me back happy that I've received the package and telling me to open the gizmo where I will find the seeds hidden inside. I foolishly read this message out loud to the Mrs. She jumps from her chair, throws her hands in the air and starts laughing like a hyena. "I told you! I told you, but you wouldn't listen!"

I remove the 2 microscopic-sized screws from the gizmo and pry it open. The seeds are in plastic bags taped inside the gizmos. The bags are labeled "1" and "2."

Dont feel BAD, it sounds like me GDB!
I DO the same STUPID SHIT! Moral of this story LISTEN to Mrs GDB she is ALWAYS RIGHT! 🤣🤣

Detective Magoo

I write Herbies and tell them about what I got from them and asking what the problem might be. They write me back happy that I'd received the package and telling me to open the gizmo where I will find the seeds hidden inside. I foolishly read this message out loud to the Mrs. She jumps from her chair, throws her hands in the air and starts laughing like a hyena. "I told you! I told you, but you wouldn't listen!"

I remove the 2 microscopic-sized screws from one of the gizmos and pry it open. The seeds are in plastic bags taped inside the gizmos. The bags are labeled "1" and "2."

I just can't pass up asking... What was the gizmo?

Back
Top Bottom