GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Cheese

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

The GDP #1 is ready to roll.

Hey Wiz!

Technically yes... But I prefer cuttings that are about 6 inches long. I have just had better luck with a bit older growth. I also would prefer to wait for GDP #2 to catch up cause I really need to be able to clone BOTH of these plant's cuttings at the same time.

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

Oh goody!! glad to see them recovering, at a good pace also.:goodjob::thumb:

Hey Gitter!

Yes! :thumb:

I am pleased with how nicely both GDP plants are coming back. As for the BC... I am arranging to pick up some of what Alexis from M.O.N. calls "Collector Edition" Blue Cheese seeds! :yahoo:

They are pretty sure that this batch of seeds is from the same batch as my original planting.

I thought that was pretty cool that they took the time to trace their bank data back to find me the same seed batch! :)

I LOVE THAT BLUE CHEESE! :thumb:

Hey Gitter!

I am pleased with how nicely both GDP plants are coming back. As for the BC... I am arranging to pick up some of what Alexis from M.O.N. calls "Collector Edition" Blue Cheese seeds! :yahoo:

They are pretty sure that this batch of seeds is from the same batch as my original planting.

I thought that was pretty cool that they took the time to trace their bank data back to find me the same seed batch! :)

That's awesome! they did that for you. I hate you lost her. May be you will luck up and get a pheno that's close to her again or better!

I agree Gitter!

That was a great strain, and I got a ton of bud from that original plant since early 2011. I fully expected her to come back, but all the BC plants were a lot more effected by that light cycle debacle this last spring. The GDP turned around really fast, but all the BC plants took forever. Most of the growth I cut off the plant recently was all the old 50/50 growth from way back in May!

Oh well... I am hopeful that the new batch of seeds give me the same plant! Oteherwise, I am going to be really depressed! ;)

New Strain Review Posted!
Medicinal Organic Nursery • Grandpa Larry OG

Finally got this one cured enough for a taste.

What do I think?

:bravo:

Link to review is above in title section.

Hey Wiz!

Technically yes... But I prefer cuttings that are about 6 inches long. I have just had better luck with a bit older growth. I also would prefer to wait for GDP #2 to catch up cause I really need to be able to clone BOTH of these plant's cuttings at the same time.

I really do agree with you on the cutting size. I had way better luck with cuttings larger then smaller ones. They root faster and easier to keep them healthy. Or should I say less work!

Reveg Photo Update for 11/15/12

GDP #1 and 2 are progressing nicely, but the BC plant has still not shown any signs of new growth. Looks like the plant is dead, but as I said in my previous update, I will leave it in there until I need the space.

Here are the latest photos...

All three revegging plants...

P1010471.JPG

GDP #1

P1010465.JPG

P10104681.JPG
P10104701.JPG
P1010469.JPG
P10104612.JPG
P1010462.JPG

GDP #2

P1010466.JPG

BC

P10104671.JPG

Here's what I see. #1 is just about ready to start putting up clone worthy branches. #2 is finally starting to get there from flower but could benefit from what I will suggest in a moment. BC is struggling. I prescribe SuperTHRIVE mixed at 1.5ml per Gal. Put that in a spray bottle and soak the leaves that are there right before the lights come on. Same for #2, but not as heavily as a "soak" just a light misting. Anything left in the gallon jug after spray, pour directly on the rootball of BC. Alternatively, you could put it in a saucer and place that UNDER BC and let it soak up to the root zone, encouraging the roots to grow toward the vitamins. If BC struggles much longer necrosis will start to set in, and losses will begin.

Here's what I see. #1 is just about ready to start putting up clone worthy branches. #2 is finally starting to get there from flower but could benefit from what I will suggest in a moment. BC is struggling. I prescribe SuperTHRIVE mixed at 1.5ml per Gal. Put that in a spray bottle and soak the leaves that are there right before the lights come on. Same for #2, but not as heavily as a "soak" just a light misting. Anything left in the gallon jug after spray, pour directly on the rootball of BC. Alternatively, you could put it in a saucer and place that UNDER BC and let it soak up to the root zone, encouraging the roots to grow toward the vitamins. If BC struggles much longer necrosis will start to set in, and losses will begin.

Hi Jandre and thanks for the tips!

I did some digging and found that SuperThrive has 1-Naphthaleneacetic acid (NAA) in it. Thats a deal breaker for me.

From the link above...

"Extremely hazardous in case of skin contact (corrosive, irritant, permeator), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation. CARCINOGENIC EFFECTS: Not available. MUTAGENIC EFFECTS: Not available. TERATOGENIC EFFECTS: Not available. DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY: Not available. The substance is toxic to lungs, mucous membranes. Repeated or prolonged exposure to the substance can produce target organs damage. Repeated exposure of the eyes to a low level of dust can produce eye irritation. Repeated skin exposure can produce local skin destruction, or dermatitis. Repeated inhalation of dust"

I am reluctant to use a lot of these fast grow/growth controlling products because a good portion of them are actually banned for use with food crops because they remain in the plant tissues and are often highly toxic. I found that out about that stuff called "BushMaster", which I used once on my original Purple Urkles. I immediately stopped using it and destroyed those plants when I read that it had a HUGE amount of paclobutrazol in it.

Check this out regarding "Humbolt County's Own" plant growth promoting products! That should give anyone reading the following pause as to the continuing use of what I personally consider poisons you are adding to your buds and then ingesting those poisons when you consume the harvest!

"ODA (Oregon Department of Agriculture) has placed two products, both from the
California company Emerald Triangle– Humboldt County’s Own Bushmaster and Humboldt County’s Own Gravity Flower Hardener– on a statewide stop sale order after laboratory analysis showed the products contained significant amounts of a plant growth regulator, paclobutrazol, which requires registration with the US Environmental Protection Agency. Products containing paclobutrazol must be registered as pesticides, and may not be applied to crops used for food or animal feed. The two products offered by Emerald Triangle, a company specializing in hydroponic supplies, are not registered with EPA, and their labels do not include any statements to inform consumers of how to safely handle the product, or to warn consumers against applying the products to food or feed crops, as required by federal law.

As the products contain ingredients that may be potentially harmful if misapplied and do not contain adequate warnings or other information for the consumer, the Oregon Department of Agriculture considers the products to be adulterated. Any sale of these products in Oregon is a violation of Oregon law, with civil penalties of up to $10,000. In addition, as a possible violation of federal law, ODA’s test results have been forwarded to EPA.

“This is a case in which a company submitted a product for registration, stating it would have a particular set of effects on plants, and claiming those effects were entirely from a very small amount of kelp,” says Wolf. “Kelp does have some natural plant growth regulators, but as we learned more, we discovered that what the company claimed the kelp was doing isn’t something a little bit of kelp can do.”

The product’s results could only be achieved by plant growth regulators. Many plant growth regulators must be registered with EPA as a pesticide. Due to health concerns, EPA will not allow many of these products to be used on food crops. In order to legally use those growth regulators in a product, the label would have to include safety and use information for the consumer. None of that information is on the label of the Emerald Triangle “Humboldt County’s Own” products in question.

“Sampling of the product and our own lab testing confirmed the presence of a compound at the same concentration you would find in commercial plant growth regulator products,” says Wolf. “We believe it was put in there intentionally. It had potential hazards to humans that were not listed on the label. It didn’t have proper cautionary information. The product was mislabeled and adulterated.”

It's also been banned in all of Australia as well as several other countries.

In a word … BAD!

I won't touch any of that crap with a 10 foot pole! I don't care how good it works. What you end up with is an impressive looking crop of POISON BUD!

I think I am just going to let nature take its course with these. I have revegged dozens of times before and GDP #2 is two weeks behind #1 and was also not trimmed down as much which slows things down. I just wanted to see which method worked best and obviously, trimming down to the nub seems to kick start the plant into getting into regrowth mode better than leaving so many small airbuds still on there.

The BC plant is another story. It got hit hard with that 50/50 growth problem last spring and the bulk of the plant never produced any normal looking leaves since. All the buds came out of that single large branch. My mistake was in not leaving a few smaller buds on that branch since I think that was the only viable portion of this plant left.

Since I have some M.O.N. BC seeds sitting at their offices with my name of them, I am not worried about that loss. I actually like the idea of perhaps getting a BC male plant that I can use to pollenate some of my other strains with, not to mention growing a big jar of my own M.O.N. Blue Cheese seeds for next time. :)

What is in this "SuperThrive" stuff you speak of? Does it have paclobutrazol in it?I am reluctant to use a lot of these fast grow products because a good portion of them are actually banned for use with food crops because they remain in the plant tissues and are often highly toxic. I found that out about that stuff called "Bush Master", which I used once on my original Purple Urkles. I immediately stopped using it and destroyed those plants when I read about what that stuff has in it!

Check this out!

"ODA (Oregon Department of Agriculture) has placed two products, both from the California company Emerald Triangle– Humboldt County’s Own Bushmaster and Humboldt County’s Own Gravity Flower Hardener– on a statewide stop sale order after laboratory analysis showed the products contained significant amounts of a plant growth regulator, paclobutrazol, which requires registration with the US Environmental Protection Agency.

Products containing paclobutrazol must be registered as pesticides, and may not be applied to crops used for food or animal feed."

In a word … BAD!

I won't touch any of that crap with a 10 foot pole! I don't care how good it works. What you end up with is an impressive looking crop of POISON BUD!

I think I am just going to let nature take its course with these. I have revegged dozens of times before and GDP #2 is two weeks behind #1 and was also not trimmed down as much which slows things down. I just wanted to see which method worked best and obviously, trimming down to the nub seems to kick start the plant into getting into regrowth mode better than leaving so many small airbuds still on there.

The BC plant is another story. It got hit hard with that 50/50 growth problem last spring and the bulk of the plant never produced any normal looking leaves since. All the buds came out of that single large branch. My mistake was in not leaving a few smaller buds on that branch since I think that was the only viable portion of this plant left.

Since I have some M.O.N. BC seeds sitting at their offices with my name of them, I am not worried about that loss. I actually like the idea of perhaps getting a BC male plant that I can use to pollenate some of my other strains with. :)

Do you happen to know if they reformulated the gravity for food production again? because they are still selling it where I live (outside of cali)
All I ever hear of these products are mostly rumors, where did you get your info? I would love to show it to one of my friends that uses it a lot! It seams every body now days has got to have those hard little nuggets, patients complain if its the least bit fluffy regardless if its super frosty, tasty. I don't understand when it sells by weight not volume! Dang kids!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Do you happen to know if they reformulated the gravity for food production again? because they are still selling it where I live (outside of cali)
All I ever hear of these products are mostly rumors, where did you get your info? I would love to show it to one of my friends that uses it a lot! It seams every body now days has got to have those hard little nuggets, patients complain if its the least bit fluffy regardless if its super frosty, tasty. I don't understand when it sells by weight not volume! Dang kids!:cheesygrinsmiley:

That link above will take you to the Oregon Department of Agriculture web site which is a state run department and reports directly to the Federal Government (EPA) when they find issues like the one documented above.

This is all VERY disturbing to me! These companies are basically selling products that are not supposed to be used on food crops, but are targeting the cannabis market! I don't know about you, but inhaling toxins is a heck of a lot more dangerous than eating them! They go right to your blood stream with little or no filtering before they hit your brain and nervous system.

In my opinion, no bud is worth risking your health over! I get excellent results using the 100% organic methods I use, and everything I put on my plants these days are free of these dangerous chemicals which for the most part are classed as pesticides by the FDA.

If I was your friend, I would stop using Bushmaster immediately! Like I said, I wouldn't touch that poison with a 10 foot pole, and I bet my buds can still kick his bud's asses in a side by side comparison. ;)

Organic and Simple Baby! Only way to go! :thumb:

That link above will take you to the Oregon Department of Agriculture which is a state run department and reports directly to the Federal Government (EPA) when they find issues like the one documented above.

This is all VERY disturbing to me! These companies are basically selling products that are not supposed to be used on food crops, but are targeting the cannabis market! I don't know about you, but inhaling toxins is a heck of a lot more dangerous than eating them! They go right to your blood stream with little or no filtering before they hit your brain and nervous system.

In my opinion, no bud is worth risking your health over! I get excellent results using what I use, and it is free of these dangerous chemicals which for the most part are classed as pesticides by the FDA.

If I was your friend, I would stop using Bushmaster immediately! Like I said, I wouldn't touch that poison with a 10 foot pole, and I bet my buds can still kick his bud's asses in a side by side comparison. ;)

Organic and Simple Baby! Only way to go! :thumb:

Oh crap I over looked that link! Thanks man this is what I was looking for this might convince him but I don't know greed is a powerful vice sadly!

Oh crap I over looked that link! Thanks man this is what I was looking for this might convince him but I don't know greed is a powerful vice sadly!

If he keeps selling that stuff after reading that web page, then the guy as no conscience or character IMHO.

Hate to be so blunt, but this is part of the DARK side of the current MMJ industry. Trusting MMJ patients buying weed from growers who are using crap like that out of innocent ignorance, or more disturbing, having full knowledge of the dangers, but continuing to use these chemicals out of a sheer disregard for their customer's health and a lust for $$!

DISGUSTING!

Back to the revegging plants...

I decided to give GDP #2 and the BC plant a feeding of this SNS 604A stuff that I won in the NOTM contest. Looks to be all natural and is supposed to somewhat accomplish the same thing that Jandre was talking about. Going to stick with the Fox Farm Grow Big for GDP #1 since she is obviously doing great so far! :)

Hehehe... I thought you'd ask...

Here... click the pics...

I stand by this stuff with the life of all my plants.

WHY DO LEADERS CALL IT "GREATEST or BEST STUFF or PRODUCT in the WORLD?"FREE
TRIAL OFFER
RECOMMENDED BYNEARLY 1000 BOOKS, CONFERENCES,
MAGAZINES, NEWSPAPERS, TVs, RADIOS
USED BYFIVE U.S. DEPARTMENTS TO HELP WIN WORLD WAR II
THOUSANDSOF GOVERNMENTS, STATE UNIVERSITIES, LEADING
ARBORETUMS, BOTANICAL GARDENS, PARKS SYSTEMS
U.S., STATES and CITIES IN MULTIPLE-DRUMS LOTS

24 GROWERS ADDED SUPERthrive® TO (Not instead of) 24 FERTILIZERS
UNIQUE EXTRA LIFE - EXTRA GROWTH: "IMPOSSIBLES" MADE EASY.
(THE SMALL PLANTS IN EACH PHOTO BELOW ARE THE BEST THAT YOU OR 24 GROWERS CAN DO,
WITH 24 FERTILIZER BRANDS - WITHOUT ADDING SUPERthrive® 50 VITAMINS-HORMONES)
ADDED TO FERTILIZER - HEALTHIER, NORMALIZED, Potential-MAXIMIZED

k.gif
1. INDOOR PLANTS
To See MORE NEW FLOWERS, and LEAVES,
HEALTHIER, STRONGER - MORE BEAUTIFUL
2. OUTDOOR
PLANTS

3. BARE
ROOTS

TO START
NEW ROOT AND FOLIAGE
ACTION, SHOOTING DOWN, UP
and filling-in, sidewise
4. FLOWERING
And TO GET
MORE FLOWERS, LONGER
and MORE BEAUTIFUL
5. SEEDLINGS

TO PLANT THEM ALL SAFELY,
UNIFORMLY - and
GROWING MORE STRONGLY
6. TREES

TO GET "TWO or
MORE YEARS'
GROWTH
IN ONE"?
7. FRUITING

For
EARLIER,
HEAVIER,

BEARING?
8. BULBS

TO START THEM VIGOROUSLY
Beating Soil-rot, Hastening Better BLOOMING
9. SEEDS

To Help GERMINATION Percentage and SPEED
EARLIER, BETTER YIELDS, including Vegetables
10 LAWNS

To Make QUICKER, deeper, TOUGHER TURF
from SEED, SOD, Stolons, Sprigs, HYDRO-seeding
11 XMAS TREES
12 REFORESTATION
13 HYDROPONICS
14 FIELD CROPS
15 BONSAI
16 TISSUE CULTURE
17 HYDROSEEDING
18 LANDSCAPING
19 PROPAGATION
20 ANTI-EROSION
21 ENVIRONMENTAL
IMPROVEMENT
22 FLOWERING PLANT
COMPETITIONS
23 INTERIORSCAPING
24 CUT FLOWERS
25 WEATHER DAMAGE
26 WATER GARDENS
UNIVERSAL
PLANT
ACHIEVEMENT
OF ALL TIME

UNCHALLENGED 69 YEARS; Greatest Guarantee-Offer PROOF ever!
$5,000. GUARANTEED to be#1 Activator#1 Trans/#1 Extra
World CHAMPION#1 REVIVER,PLANTER,GROWER,
#1 Perfecter

BILLIONS-PROVEN EXTRA-LIFE-MAKER

LONG KNOWN BY EXPERTS ON EVERY CONTINENT AS
WORLD'S #1 TOP PLANT SUPPLY
50 VITAMINS, HORMONES. Economically saves waiting for plants to make these bio-organic complexes of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. NON-FERTILIZER. Dramatically healthier plants throughout the world, when SUPERthrive® ADDED to any fertilizing.
NOT AT ALL 'LIKE' claimed-alike substitutes.

CELEBRATE WITH DR. JOHN A. A. THOMSON'S VITAMIN INSTITUTE - 69 YEARS OF GUARANTEED FAR BEST
SUPERthrive's® creator, "great legendary genius" biochemist Dr. Thomson is in 33 different Who's Who directories, some with SUPERthrive's® unique efficacies unchallenged guarantee-proof. In 2006, Dr. Thomson became the first chemist to win the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Lawn and Garden Marketing and Distribution Association.
VITAMIN INSTITUTE 12610 Saticoy Street South NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA 91605
Phone (800) 441-VITA (8482) FAX (818) 766-VITA (8482) www.superthrive.com

If he keeps selling that stuff after reading that web page, then the guy as no conscience or character IMHO.

Hate to be so blunt, but this is part of the DARK side of the current MMJ industry. Trusting MMJ patients buying weed from growers who are using crap like that out of innocent ignorance, or more disturbing, having full knowledge of the dangers, but continuing to use these chemicals out of a sheer disregard for their customer's health and a lust for $$!

DISGUSTING!

Back to the revegging plants...

I decided to give GDP #2 and the BC plant a feeding of this SNS 604A stuff that I won in the NOTM contest. Looks to be all natural and is supposed to somewhat accomplish the same thing that Jandre was talking about. Going to stick with the Fox Farm Grow Big for GDP #1 since she is obviously doing great so far! :)

I totally agree. That's why I will do without smoke before I buy anything MM anywhere any more. I have used the gravity once and I had no Idea that it had pgr's in it. All its labeled to have is just sea weed extract and vitamin b1,b2,b3, phosphoric acid. It's hard to believe that California lets them get away with selling this product and Oregon doesn't. Crazy right?

Hehehe... I thought you'd ask...

Here... click the pics...

CELEBRATE WITH DR. JOHN A. A. THOMSON'S VITAMIN INSTITUTE - 69 YEARS OF GUARANTEED FAR BEST
SUPERthrive's® creator, "great legendary genius" biochemist Dr. Thomson is in 33 different Who's Who directories, some with SUPERthrive's® unique efficacies unchallenged guarantee-proof. In 2006, Dr. Thomson became the first chemist to win the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Lawn and Garden Marketing and Distribution Association.
VITAMIN INSTITUTE 12610 Saticoy Street South NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA 91605
Phone (800) 441-VITA (8482) FAX (818) 766-VITA (8482) www.superthrive.com

I hear where you are coming from, but anything that the FDA and EPA have a problem with on food crops is a HUGE red flag for me. I prefer to err on the side of caution when it comes to these additives. If I wasn't getting the spectacular results that I get from my organic efforts, I might reconsider, but since I have no problems with revegging or crop yields, I prefer to stick with what works for me using what I know to be totally safe for human consumption.

That stuff might be great for Roses and Tulips, but you don't dry and smoke those flowers! ;)

Hey Gitter!

Yea I hope mine is the same as yours. That would be cool. Ive pop them into soil 2 days ago. So hopefully they sprout by the 5th day.

I did some digging and found that SuperThrive has 1-Naphthaleneacetic acid (NAA) in it. Thats a deal breaker for me.

From the link above...

"Extremely hazardous in case of skin contact (corrosive, irritant, permeator), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation. CARCINOGENIC EFFECTS: Not available. MUTAGENIC EFFECTS: Not available. TERATOGENIC EFFECTS: Not available. DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY: Not available. The substance is toxic to lungs, mucous membranes. Repeated or prolonged exposure to the substance can produce target organs damage. Repeated exposure of the eyes to a low level of dust can produce eye irritation. Repeated skin exposure can produce local skin destruction, or dermatitis. Repeated inhalation of dust"

I am reluctant to use a lot of these fast grow/growth controlling products because a good portion of them are actually banned for use with food crops because they remain in the plant tissues and are often highly toxic. I found that out about that stuff called "BushMaster", which I used once on my original Purple Urkles. I immediately stopped using it and destroyed those plants when I read that it had a HUGE amount of paclobutrazol in it.

Check this out regarding "Humbolt County's Own" plant growth promoting products! That should give anyone reading the following pause as to the continuing use of what I personally consider poisons you are adding to your buds and then ingesting those poisons when you consume the harvest!

"ODA (Oregon Department of Agriculture) has placed two products, both from the
California company Emerald Triangle— Humboldt County's Own Bushmaster and Humboldt County's Own Gravity Flower Hardener— on a statewide stop sale order after laboratory analysis showed the products contained significant amounts of a plant growth regulator, paclobutrazol, which requires registration with the US Environmental Protection Agency. Products containing paclobutrazol must be registered as pesticides, and may not be applied to crops used for food or animal feed. The two products offered by Emerald Triangle, a company specializing in hydroponic supplies, are not registered with EPA, and their labels do not include any statements to inform consumers of how to safely handle the product, or to warn consumers against applying the products to food or feed crops, as required by federal law.

As the products contain ingredients that may be potentially harmful if misapplied and do not contain adequate warnings or other information for the consumer, the Oregon Department of Agriculture considers the products to be adulterated. Any sale of these products in Oregon is a violation of Oregon law, with civil penalties of up to $10,000. In addition, as a possible violation of federal law, ODA's test results have been forwarded to EPA.

"This is a case in which a company submitted a product for registration, stating it would have a particular set of effects on plants, and claiming those effects were entirely from a very small amount of kelp," says Wolf. "Kelp does have some natural plant growth regulators, but as we learned more, we discovered that what the company claimed the kelp was doing isn't something a little bit of kelp can do."

The product's results could only be achieved by plant growth regulators. Many plant growth regulators must be registered with EPA as a pesticide. Due to health concerns, EPA will not allow many of these products to be used on food crops. In order to legally use those growth regulators in a product, the label would have to include safety and use information for the consumer. None of that information is on the label of the Emerald Triangle "Humboldt County's Own" products in question.

"Sampling of the product and our own lab testing confirmed the presence of a compound at the same concentration you would find in commercial plant growth regulator products," says Wolf. "We believe it was put in there intentionally. It had potential hazards to humans that were not listed on the label. It didn't have proper cautionary information. The product was mislabeled and adulterated."

In a word ... BAD!

Since I have some M.O.N. BC seeds sitting at their offices with my name of them, I am not worried about that loss. I actually like the idea of perhaps getting a BC male plant that I can use to pollenate some of my other strains with, not to mention growing a big jar of my own M.O.N. Blue Cheese seeds for next time. :)

Damn I have a bunch of this stuff, now what do I do with it? Spending all of this money on products that can harm people and my self is not in the schedule. Great info. I will start researching alot of products before purchasing.

Root Enhancer Dangers
Good info Mr. Goose on the dangers of using some of the common root growth enhancers..
Who needs root enhancers when you can just use Airpots.. :)
My superthrive bottle just landed in my nearest garbage can.

Now on the topic of Airpots...
Can you tell me the sizes you are using in your picture below.
Is that the 3.5g on the left and the 2.5s on the right. I'm
just trying to get a visualization on which size will fit best in my shower grow
based on your photos below...

GDP1
Oh and by the way the GDP is coming along great.. good work.
I do agree with your 6 inch cutting preference. At 6 inches they
will more than likely take root quicker and be less likely to have problems.

Thanks

Root Enhancer Dangers
Good info Mr. Goose on the dangers of using some of the common root growth enhancers..
Who needs root enhancers when you can just use Airpots.. :)
My superthrive bottle just landed in my nearest garbage can.

Now on the topic of Airpots...
Can you tell me the sizes you are using in your picture below.
Is that the 3.5g on the left and the 2.5s on the right. I'm
just trying to get a visualization on which size will fit best in my shower grow
based on your photos below...

GDP1
Oh and by the way the GDP is coming along great.. good work.
I do agree with your 6 inch cutting preference. At 6 inches they
will more than likely take root quicker and be less likely to have problems.

Thanks

Hey Budman!

Good to see ya! I hated tossing out my $35.00 tiny bottle of BushMaster too, but poison is poison! SuperThrive isn't as nasty as that crap is, but you are right when you say that a good ol Air Pot can do far more for your plant's root ball than any brew of chemicals can! I've been growing peppers for 20 years, and this year's crop using the same seed as always produced a good 30% more fruit than any previous year! The only difference? I grew the lot in Air Pots! And you saw what my Cannabis crop looked like at harvest! ;)

As far as the sizes in that photo....

From left to right:

5 Gallon, 3.5 Gallon, 3.5 Gallon

As I have mentioned a few times before...I have found that the 3.5 Gallon is the best overall size for growing Cannabis. It is large enough to give you an 8 foot tall plant as is exactly what happened with my Harlequin 3 and 4. Same yields as the other two grown in the 5 gallon size! You save a bit on soil costs and of course, in an indoor grow situation where space is always at a premium, you can get more 3.5s into the same space.

2.5s will give you nearly the same results if you have additional space issues. I grew several of those M.O.N. clones in 2.5s without any problem at all including that impressive Purple Diesel! I even raised up several others in those tiny 1.5s! Those are great for a small indoor grow where you want to keep the plants under four feet tall, but without worrying about root binding and crap like that.

In fact...I am seriously considering using 1.5s for my GDP clones when they come out of the cloner! I think I am going to need the space to squeeze them all into the closet grow area.

This season was the most trouble free I have ever had in terms of soil issues. I basically didn't have any! LOL!

:yahoo:

Hope that helps! :)

Hey Goose,

Yes, sorry to keep probing you with questions about your airpot sizes.
It's just hard for me to process that you can grow up to 4foot plants in a 1.5 gallon pot without the plants going root bound.
This has not been the experience I have had with traditional pots at all. In fact the last outdoor I grew were in 15 gallon pots.
I guess for some reason I have always had that philosophy about many things that "Bigger is always better." haha.
I will go ahead and purchase (4) 3.5gallon and hope that will surfice for my shower grow. If like you say I run into any space issues than I will just order (4) 2.5's and drop down a notch for the next grow until I dial in the airpot size so it is just right for my space arrangement.

Lights
Is that a (4) bulb T5 you are using for veg?
Have you calculated how much a month you are spending
to run that light at 18x6? Just curious.
Do you need that much light output for veg?
I'm asking all these questions since as you know I am in
the process of creating my x-mas list and plan on purchasing some new lights.

Thanks for all the info my friend...

From left to right:

5 Gallon, 3.5 Gallon, 3.5 Gallon

As I have mentioned a few times before...I have found that the 3.5 Gallon is the best overall size for growing Cannabis. It is large enough to give you an 8 foot tall plant as is exactly what happened with my Harlequin 3 and 4. Same yields as the other two grown in the 5 gallon size! You save a bit on soil costs and of course, in an indoor grow situation where space is always at a premium, you can get more 3.5s into the same space.

2.5s will give you nearly the same results if you have additional space issues. I grew several of those M.O.N. clones in 2.5s without any problem at all including that impressive Purple Diesel! I even raised up several others in those tiny 1.5s! Those are great for a small indoor grow where you want to keep the plants under four feet tall, but without worrying about root binding and crap like that.

In fact...I am seriously considering using 1.5s for my GDP clones when they come out of the cloner! I think I am going to need the space to squeeze them all into the closet grow area.

This season was the most trouble free I have ever had in terms of soil issues. I basically didn't have any! LOL!

:yahoo:

Hope that helps! :)

Back
Top Bottom