GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Cheese

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

nice update man! this is a cool process to watch I have re-vegged two so far and it was cool to see the whole process go down. I re vegged mine outside and it was a slower process.

Hey Gitter!

I revegged the original BC mother plant outdoors and it did take a lot longer than I have seen indoors under 18/6.

I've never had a problem revegging anything I grow here. Just takes time and patience. I give them 18/6 and a stable temp of about 70 degrees and they do their thing on a pretty predictable schedule. GDP 1 and 2 are both on that schedule. GDP 2 is only behind because she was left to flowr 2 weeks longer than #1 and didn't get into the tub for that much longer a time.

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

What size air pots are those? Does a 7.5 take up alot of room in a 4x4 area, How many would you say can fit in that room size?

GDP #1 was grown in a 5 gallon Air Pot, yet GDP #2 which produced the biggest GDP yield of the season was grown in a 3.5 gallon Air Pot.

I had great results with some of the M.O.N. clones using only 1.5 gallon Air Pots! Size isn't as big a factor with these as conventional pots. You can get a solid 2-3 ounces of dried bud from a plant grown in a 2.5 gallon Air Pot! My M.O.N. Purple Diesel clone was grown in a 2.5, but the equally impressive Grand Tahoe clone was grown in a 1.5 gallon Air Pot.

What size air pots are those? Does a 7.5 take up alot of room in a 4x4 area, How many would you say can fit in that room size?

GDP #1 was grown in a 5 gallon Air Pot, yet GDP #2 which produced the biggest GDP yield of the season was grown in a 3.5 gallon Air Pot.

I had great results with some of the M.O.N. clones using only 1.5 gallon Air Pots! Size isn't as big a factor with these as conventional pots. You can get a solid 2-3 ounces of dried bud from a plant grown in a 2.5 gallon Air Pot! My M.O.N. Purple Diesel clone was grown in a 2.5, but the equally impressive Grand Tahoe clone was grown in a 1.5 gallon Air Pot.

I'd echo those thoughts exactly - great airpot insight, Goose. The nice thing about air-pots as Goose alludes too is that you can definitely grow larger plants in smaller containers. I'm using, I believe, a 7.5 liter to flower my Jack the Ripper right now with no issues (though it's not a huge plant per se' either). I've vegged pretty large, healthy plants in 1 liter airpots that never showed signs of distress despite their ridiculously crowded root home. Not that I'd recommend it real large veggers in those, lol, because they consume their water too fast when they are that large and in that small of container. :)

Great input XL! :thumb:

Anyone out there that still has any doubts regarding the benefits of Air Pots really needs to get a clue! ;)

Yea I like to veg for 2 months or more. Pretty much what im doing now. So I say Ideal a 3.L airpot is best to go with.? I will have to purchase me some of those. I think I have a link in my PM from what Fuzz sent me. Very incredible results with those air pots.:thumb:

What do you think of Voodoo juice? Or what would you recommend other than hygrozyme for more root production?

Learning alot from this journal!!! Does anyone know whats the difference to veg something 18/6 and something like 21/3?

Theoretically, you should get slightly faster growth using 21/3 vs. 18/6 which should result in a slightly shorter veg time.

yup im a recent convert to air and smart pots same basic concept my biggest yeilds have been in them :thumb:

Speaking of SmartPots, I just bought some for the first time for some of my outdoor garden plants. I was a little surprised to find that they hold about 1/2 their stated capacity in medium. For example, the 7 gallon SmartPot holds about 3.5 gallons of medium and the 45 gallon SmartPot holds about 22.5 gallons of medium, etc. Whats up with that? Are they implying that I can grow the same size plant that would normally go in a 7 gallon pot using their pot with only 3.5 gallons of medium? I'm pretty sure my 2L hempies hold right around 2L of medium and I can grow some pretty big plants in them! :)

Hey Mr. K!

The Air Pots hold close to their rated size of soil in my experience. Perhaps slightly under, but not by as large a margin as what you are saying. Not familiar with "Smart Pots".

What do you think of Voodoo juice? Or what would you recommend other than hygrozyme for more root production?

I don't go in for any of that kind of stuff. I just stick with the basics (FF Grow Big every 10 days) and get great results by doing that. The Air Pots alone produce huge root systems, so I see no need to bother with any kind of root growth promoting specific chemicals/products. ;)

Learning alot from this journal!!! Does anyone know whats the difference to veg something 18/6 and something like 21/3?

3 hours? :rofl:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't expect much difference all things considered. Both should work well. I've seen some people run comparisons that suggest 20/4 as the best combination of light/dark for vegging cannabis, but I've noticed very little difference between 20/4, 18/6 and even 24/0 (no dark period), truthfully. 21/3 would work great too. There's also a process called the 12-1 technique, aka "Gas Lantern Routine" that is very effective at vegging and uses less electricity. There are a few good forum topics here that explain Gas Lantern Routine process if you want to look into that one also.

Speaking of SmartPots, I just bought some for the first time for some of my outdoor garden plants. I was a little surprised to find that they hold about 1/2 their stated capacity in medium. For example, the 7 gallon SmartPot holds about 3.5 gallons of medium and the 45 gallon SmartPot holds about 22.5 gallons of medium, etc. Whats up with that? Are they implying that I can grow the same size plant that would normally go in a 7 gallon pot using their pot with only 3.5 gallons of medium? I'm pretty sure my 2L hempies hold right around 2L of medium and I can grow some pretty big plants in them! :)

I've noticed that too. Crazy huh? I don't think that's why they do it, but you can definitely grow larger plants in smaller pots with them. Hmmm... maybe that IS why they are like that...

Same principle in general as "Air Pots" and I've used them and like them both.

SC Labs Videos...

Have you guys checked out this lab's web site? They have a lot of very informative videos and such, including this latest one of Turpenes...(Bottom left of page)

This is the lab that I am going to be sending the MON Harlequin GDB for testing this week. Alexis at MON has already offered to cover the costs so they can compare their results with mine. Hows that for a great seed bank? ;)

P.S. Does anyone know how to EMBED a video into a post on this site? I used the usual code but it didn't work.

I don't go in for any of that kind of stuff. I just stick with the basics (FF Grow Big every 10 days) and get great results by doing that. The Air Pots alone produce huge root systems, so I see no need to bother with any kind of root growth promoting specific chemicals/products. ;)

Thanks this was a need to know. I read this before I bought it at the hydro store. lol. Nice save and who doesnt like saving money:thumb:

*Takes a seat in the back sheepishly and waves hello*
I've got a bunch of crosses from my last batch so want to fem them out... granny was a great place to start but I want to see ya do it live goose :)

Reveg Photo Update for 11/15/12

GDP #1 and 2 are progressing nicely, but the BC plant has still not shown any signs of new growth. Looks like the plant is dead, but as I said in my previous update, I will leave it in there until I need the space.

Here are the latest photos...

All three revegging plants...

P1010471.JPG

GDP #1

P1010465.JPG

P10104681.JPG
P10104701.JPG
P1010469.JPG
P10104612.JPG
P1010462.JPG

GDP #2

P1010466.JPG

BC

P10104671.JPG

Oh goody!! glad to see them recovering, at a good pace also.:goodjob::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom