GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

Congrats on your harvests GG7! Would like to see the black seeds of yours. If you don't have a macro camera, the microscope will do. They should be good to use as long as it's not light green/cream color or popped when pinch with the fingers. I usually leave them out a few days to dry the outside a bit before storing. Storing fresh seed just harvest will have mold growing on them. Good luck with the dispensaries. It's a good source to get your meds out to many people in short amount of time.

Thanks Twelve!

By the looks of the flower tops on most of the larger Urkles that were near the Male White Rhino, they appear to all have seeds in them, so I chopped them at the stalk and hung the entire plant intact upside down in a storage shed out back. I am going to let them dry out completely, until brown and then see if I can crumble the buds to get the seeds to fall out.

I harvested all the viable Urkle buds and am drying them now. I just chose the best of the lot, so I figure about 5-6 ounces of dense Urkle bud, and the rest is only good for possible seed extraction.

The seeds appear viable. I chopped through several seeds while I was manicuring some of the pollenated bud and they were solid and dense inside, with no sign on any mold on the ones I already put into a jar. Right now I have about 20 seeds from that first bud they first fell out of.

I also harvested the best colas from the Purple Northern Lights and have that hanging in the drying closet right now. Tiny buds, so I don't expect much more than perhaps an ounce total. About the same as the Purple Rhino which is now curing. No evidence that it or the female Purple Rhino got pollenated. Only the Urkles so far have produced seeds.

I will try to post a few photos of the seeds here in the next day or so time permitting. I think I can can get some shots with the microscope camera, so if there are any details to the seeds, we will see them! To the naked eye, they are jet black with a slight gloss to the outer husk, and slightly smaller than the store bought seeds I have planted in the past.

WoW, that had to take a lot of work.. Everything looks perfect :Namaste:

Hi KV5!

A lot of work is right! I am so burned out on this at this point, I am glad that I am finally done with everything. It is surely an impressive harvest when you view the entire lot as a whole. Right now I have have 36 quart jars filled 3/4 of the way to the top of each jar. This isn't counting the stuff I harvested back in August and early September.

I will be doing some dry bud weigh ins in the next week or so on each strain to see exactly how much I got from each crop of plants.

My journal is going to be quiet for awhile during the drying and curing process, so aside from a photo post of the Urkle seeds in a day or two, this will probably be my last entry for now.

Stay tuned in a week or two for the final photos and weigh ins! :cheer::Namaste:

Hey GG7, really great going there. Some really great looking bud. I just hope all of it has the characteristics that you are looking for!

:thumb: super job my friend!

I have been without power for 6 days now :( but I hope the girls make it through in the dark and cold.

:peace:

Hows the blue cheese? Looks great! I love that strain.

It smells HEAVENLY! I love the smell of Blue Cheese bud! Its just so unique!

Although it has only been curing for about a week now, I tried some today in a bong and my Vapor Brothers vaporizer and it is every bit as good as the last batch this fine plant produced on her first flowering! Only difference is that this time around I have about 5 ounces of the stuff instead of the 1.5 I got from the original harvest back in late May. :thumb:

Purple Urkle/White Rhino Seeds
Microscope Was Too Powerful • Had to Resort of Macro Camera Photos

Unfortunately, my lab scope's minimum magnification is still far too powerfull to resolve something as large as a Cannabis seed, so I was forced to use my Olympus C-2000 camera on Macro.

As you can see, the seeds have changed color from when they first dropped out of the buds. Originally they were jet black color but over the last few days in a mason jar, they have morphed into a mottled color pattern.

They appear to be average sized seeds after comparing them to some old Bag Weed seeds I have saved.

Here they are!

P1012428.JPG
P1012420.JPG
P1012418.JPG

Twelve... Do you see anything interesting in the color patterns or are these just typical in their appearance?

looks like MJ seeds to me!!
The colors vary so much so hard to go by that.
Indica dominant normally have lighter seeds whereas sativas norm is darker. But, that isn't always because the hybrid factor. Think of it like eye color. Two brown eyed parents could have children with blue eyes .
Buuuuuut....YOU GOT SEEDS!!!
As you know, I love to dabble with breeding and implementing certain traits into other strains.
Hope all else is well my friend, God bless.
GT

looks like MJ seeds to me!!
The colors vary so much so hard to go by that.
Indica dominant normally have lighter seeds whereas sativas norm is darker. But, that isn't always because the hybrid factor. Think of it like eye color. Two brown eyed parents could have children with blue eyes .
Buuuuuut....YOU GOT SEEDS!!!
As you know, I love to dabble with breeding and implementing certain traits into other strains.
Hope all else is well my friend, God bless.
GT

Hey GT!

Thanks for the info! I wasn't sure to what degree you dabbled in breeding with seeds or not. I knew that Twelve was currently heavy into it, so I directed my questions to him.

I am assuming that the father was that White Rhino since only the Urkles directly behind it and downwind got pollentated and nothing else out there did. The big question is whether or not the male carried that same PURPLE trait that the female WR ended up with?

I will have to grow at least four of these next season and see what pops up. I expect I will have at least 100 of these seeds when all the rest of the seeded bud gets processed in a few months. As I said before... I am just going to leave those plants hanging back there until they are brown and tinder dry, then I will get the seeds out of it all. :)

Hey GG7, thanks for the pics. The seeds are beautiful. The markings is very unique. Have not seen any seeds like it. I'm still studying the markings on the seeds for any early indicator of the strain, don't have much to go by right now. They do look healthy and ready to be planted.

Remember to stored them in optimal condition; dark cool dry place or in the fridge for the future. If these are mine I would grow out 1/2 and cross them and save the other 1/2. Cross them to get F2 and keep one best male and one best female (clone) to continue pump out more F2 seeds.

The next batch of F2 may not have what you're after so by having the parents plants (F1) alive you'll save time from growing out these seeds again. Although the seed itself is a new strain and already contain purple you can really help push the evolution of this strain with selective breeding to the next level.

Hey goose I was looking at a hand full of seeds that I have, some bag seed and some were my RB seeds. They all look like yours. Looks like you are going to have a blast next spring with these. Too bad you couldn't pop one over the winter to have a little fun with.

I am very happy for you! :thumb: and I would sure take those seeds being a WR x PU, should be really insteresting to see them pop and grow!

:peace:

Twelve is correct, I would only commit some of the seeds for the F2 cross, this will leave you with the originals if you like them better. I have the orginal all the way through to the
F5 gen of my Sugar Cane. Each is different in subtle ways. An examble of the F4 is in POTM. At F5 it started to revert back to the original hash plant, getting too leafy, with the taste not as pronounced and more like the original also, so I stopped the breeding there.
Check this out, I'm sure you will enjoy: Chapter 3 - Genetics and Breeding of Cannabis

GT

Honestly, your best chance of preserving that gene trait would be to breed the plant to itself, rare traits are just that, rare. So the chance of a male plant in that generation having the same is very slim.

Thanks for all the seed and breeding info guys! Much appreciated! :thumb:

I have them stored in a small mason jar stored in the broom closet where I dry my buds. It stays a pretty steady temp in there and of course it is pitch dark in there unless I turn on the utility light to see what I am doing in there which isn't often.

I purchased a couple of boxes of 1/2 gallon canning jars that I am going to start using to store the cured bud. They are much cheaper than the OXO Sure Grips containers I have been using. Just too much left to store and these larger glass jars look like they will be perfect.

Once they are fully dried and stable, I will drop a Humidipak into each jar to help maintain a steady RH to keep the buds at just the right moisture level.

Not sure what I will end up doing with the seeds next season. Right now I am just trying to finish up all the work from this season. I managed to get another couple of dozen seeds out of some of the latest dried Urkle bud. You pretty much have to destroy the buds by crumbling them up to get the seeds to fall out, but the buds are airy and not very marketable looking. No worries though since I still have plenty of Urkle from the smaller mini plants that were no where near the White Rhino and did not get pollenated so there will still be plenty of smokeable dense Urkle bud down the road.

The stuff sure has a strong PINE smell to it. Similar to the smell of a Cedar tree's green growth. We have Cedar and Doug Fir all over the place here, so I know the smell well. Never expected a Cannabis strain to have such a Conifer aroma to it!

P.S. We had our first snowfall of the season last night. Only a couple on inches but it got down to 28 F, so it is a good thing I got all the remaining plants either cut and hung, or chopped and hung to dry inside.

The 2011 growing season for us is officially OVER! :phew::thumb:

Nice season GG7, enjoy the long cold winter. Will be thinking of you, got some pepper seeds to start next week.

Nice season GG7, enjoy the long cold winter. Will be thinking of you, got some pepper seeds to start next week.

Thanks OG!

Got down to 26.7 degrees this morning with a hard freeze/frost after yesterday's snow. All my peppers plants are now officially history. Will just be a matter of bagging all the dead plant matter into bags in the next few days.

No room left to overwinter anything but the Cannabis clones, so I will grow all the peppers from seed in 2012 like I did this season. Worked out great now that we know that the red traits are passed to the next generation by seeds alone. Took three years worth of fiddling to get them to that point, but I am confident that the next crop will produce the same big RED fresno type peppers but with a much more impressive flavor profile than either a typical Fresno or green Jalapeno.

Definitely let us all know how those same seeds I sent you that I plan to use next year turn out for you! :)

Taking a Break from Posting

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be taking a break from my updates here for much of the remaining year. With all the outdoor plants now either harvested or composted, there really isn't much news to report on right now, which is totally normal for this time of year up here.

The indoor plants are doing great and I am starting to use some of the BPN nutes I got as part of my POTM prizes to feed them on an every 10 day schedule. So far so good.

All the dried bud is in various stages of curing in 1/2 gallon mason jars. Over the next 6-8 weeks, it will be time to start trying some of this stuff out and comparing them to each other, strain by strain.

My plan will be to post some SMOKE REPORTS on all of my various strains I grew over the summer, (with Photos) but will be posting them here in this journal rather than creating separate strain reviews. I figured it would make more sense to add them here, since technically, those buds came from the very same plants you watched grow up on these pages.

I figured that a "Sampling of the Wares" would be a good way to close out what will be the final chapter of my grow journal for 2011.

I'm still debating on whether to start a new journal for next season, or just keep adding to this one. What would you guys suggest on that subject?

Hope everyone is doing well out there! :) I will still be checking in from time to time to see whats going on, but aside from the future smoke reports over the next 4-8 weeks, personal business will be limiting the amount of participation I can manage on this forum through the remainder of the year.

Take care everyone and enjoy the last few days of the 2011 harvest season!

I've really enjoyed sharing my 2011 growing season activities with all of you here on 420!!!

:Namaste::circle-of-love:

:thanks::peace:

Goose! The pleasure was all ours! You have shared so much with us here, so a BIG :thanks: goes out to you! :thumb:

I finally have power back and they look good from I can tell, these are some truly resilient plants we love so much. :)

Thanks for everything and if you need anything you know how to find me!

My suggestion is to start new, but maybe keep this one open until then. just my 2 cents

:peace: my friend!

Back
Top Bottom