Growin' Gorilla Globally

I think you and I are pretty much on exactly the same schedules Preston, how many days do you figure you have left in your girl? I figured by next weekend I would be able to give this girl a flash, was kind of hoping shed stack up a little bit more but honestly to have her still alive and kicking after vacation is a bit of a godsend.
I'm projecting about 2 weeks left on mine. I'm trying to give her time to fatten up a bit more too. Couch lock won't bother me much with this one... kinda expected with The Glue. LoL

Man you guys are really putting together a portfolio on this GGa... Really good array of grow styles and results... I for one really appreciate a good comparison with peeps on here... I am hoping to get a new batch of Auto seeds very soon and would like to invite as many as I have extra seeds for to join another.. It will obviously be after Nov. 1 as I have just way too much to harvest out for the time being... I am thinking either DDa or a good ol' fashioned WWa for the next comparison.. Hope to garner some interest as it is a good way for others to see the strain, and different growing styles that may help them out all in one thread... That is the coolest thing to me about these, brings so many people together even if they are not growing the same way or the same strain... F IN Neat..

...Speaking of harvest, the GGa is now 7 days into dry/cure.. Hung for 36 hours, then trimmed and weighed... Weighed in at 31.4 grams at this time.. Then into a paper bag for 50 hours, sorry just kinda being precise.. I am anal when it comes to this time of year... And lastly into a jar weighing approximately 24 grams for a Short cure... I dont really smoke too much of the GG strains that dont include Strawberry... And yes Strawberry is a recurring theme for me... LOL.. But I really wanted to gift it to a few people who are short till harvest, or who have never had Auto cannabis at all... Hope I am representing its strength and taste/aroma right...
.... Initial smoke test was yesterday around lunchtime for me.. Noon... Peeled of a small piece about .4 grams at best, and loaded my bowl... I got a couple of hits as did my girl friend... The taste was not typical of GG for me as it did have the piney/metallic background, but it finished off kinda sweet.. Not fruity, just refreshing.. Immediate euphoria, and energetic response within about 5 minutes of finishing... Not really thoughtful, but talkative and task oriented.... Overall it lasted about 2 to 3 hours, with no real " coming down " feeling... Just all the sudden thought, " Hey you wanna smoke another bowl Girl." That was like 330 pm... LOL .. I want to thank you P, this was a decent Auto as compared to some of the others I have grown... Really dense and compact little buds... Sticky and Shiny, with a smooth smoke to it... Any way last couple of pics for this thread though I will follow till the end... Green days to all and Happy Heavy Harvest.

Final trim BS, 7 days dry and cure GGa 010.jpg
Final trim BS, 7 days dry and cure GGa 011.jpg
Final trim BS, 7 days dry and cure GGa 012.jpg

This is the crap that bugs me about "projected harvest times" for autos.

This is the description from the seedbank:
2018-08-24-07-51-10.jpg

And directly from Fast Buds:
2018-08-24-07-50-18.jpg

I'm sitting in the middle of this range but am certain my girl still has gas in her tank. I'm gonna follow that 8-9 weeks flowering timeline.

Am I interpreting this wrong or is this, in fact, confusing AF?

On a side note.... anyone heard from @TheDankBone ? Hope all is well...
:passitleft:

Keep em green!
-P

This is the crap that bugs me about "projected harvest times" for autos.

This is the description from the seedbank:
2018-08-24-07-51-10.jpg

And directly from Fast Buds:
2018-08-24-07-50-18.jpg

I'm sitting in the middle of this range but am certain my girl still has gas in her tank. I'm gonna follow that 8-9 weeks flowering timeline.

Am I interpreting this wrong or is this, in fact, confusing AF?

On a side note.... anyone heard from @TheDankBone ? Hope all is well...

Keep em green!
-P
Don't believe those times at all. Trust your eyes more than breeders.

Don't believe those times at all. Trust your eyes more than breeders.
I have learned that the hard way... lol

Way too many times!

I just let them do their thing now... the "2 more weeks" rule rings true here. LoL... whenever I think they are done (I'm a habitual early-chopper) I actually need to give em 2 more weeks.
I'm getting better about it now that I can recognize the signs my plants are putting out.

For me......when they slow down drastically on drinking, you know it's close.
My GGa is doing that right now... still drinking a bit, but definitely the heaviest pot in the garden on normal watering days. She's winding down now..

That should be your alarm clock.....start paying attention when they slow down drastically on drinking. My trichomes don't always change normally growing in LOS, so it's my main measuring tool (How much they drink).

That should be your alarm clock.....start paying attention when they slow down drastically on drinking. My trichomes don't always change normally growing in LOS, so it's my main measuring tool (How much they drink).
Gotcha! I'm gonna pull her out from under the hps today and look her over good with the loupe. I checked 2 days ago and trics were all still pretty clear. I've had autos that didnt really indicate ripeness though. They stayed clear/cloudy the whole time.

Shit, who knows.... this little heffer may be ready this week.

I don't get a lot of trichomes change growing in LOS.
I'm gun-shy lately... maybe, my last 5 plant, I was 100% certain they were done. Felt fat and dense but dried up in a day or two, leaving me with mounds of larf.

Needless to say, I'm really excited for this group of photos I'm running right now. I feel, at least, 75% in control. LoL

Well if u keep thinking they dry into larf, give them some more time, people tend to be quick to chop a lot when they don't have to be. I am only quick when I need the space. It's getting to be that time here. I want to get Ms Stank's gorilla glue into the flower tent under the Spydrx Plus but her Hindu is taking it's sweet time. We want her to be good night time meds so we are trying to wait for amber but it's really slow to change. Gotta go lift her in a bit and see how she feels.

Well if u keep thinking they dry into larf, give them some more time, people tend to be quick to chop a lot when they don't have to be. I am only quick when I need the space. It's getting to be that time here. I want to get Ms Stank's gorilla glue into the flower tent under the Spydrx Plus but her Hindu is taking it's sweet time. We want her to be good night time meds so we are trying to wait for amber but it's really slow to change. Gotta go lift her in a bit and see how she feels.
I've been watching for some leaves to start yellowing a bit too. I've noticed that being a common trend during that last oomph at the end of flower.
That coupled with (at least) a few cloudy trics and her drinking slowing down. No more fresh, "bright white" pistils.
Trying to brainstorm any other signs, but she's starting to show most signs already. Should be pretty soon for sure

I know it was very disappointing. But did anyone notice that one of the group harvested their GGa?
I think it has just been you & Hacker to chop so far... I'm right behind y'all though.

She's fattening up nice.... I can't wait to see the harvest total. This is one of the better autos I've grown.

Keep em green!

I am sorry brother, yes I did see that. No telling what makes a plant do what yours did but seeing the other plant harvested next to it......i don't think it was anything you did. A great grower can't beat shitty genetics. You got it to the finish line and that's saying something man! Congrats!!

Man you guys are really putting together a portfolio on this GGa... Really good array of grow styles and results... I for one really appreciate a good comparison with peeps on here... I am hoping to get a new batch of Auto seeds very soon and would like to invite as many as I have extra seeds for to join another.. It will obviously be after Nov. 1 as I have just way too much to harvest out for the time being... I am thinking either DDa or a good ol' fashioned WWa for the next comparison.. Hope to garner some interest as it is a good way for others to see the strain, and different growing styles that may help them out all in one thread... That is the coolest thing to me about these, brings so many people together even if they are not growing the same way or the same strain... F IN Neat..

...Speaking of harvest, the GGa is now 7 days into dry/cure.. Hung for 36 hours, then trimmed and weighed... Weighed in at 31.4 grams at this time.. Then into a paper bag for 50 hours, sorry just kinda being precise.. I am anal when it comes to this time of year... And lastly into a jar weighing approximately 24 grams for a Short cure... I dont really smoke too much of the GG strains that dont include Strawberry... And yes Strawberry is a recurring theme for me... LOL.. But I really wanted to gift it to a few people who are short till harvest, or who have never had Auto cannabis at all... Hope I am representing its strength and taste/aroma right...
.... Initial smoke test was yesterday around lunchtime for me.. Noon... Peeled of a small piece about .4 grams at best, and loaded my bowl... I got a couple of hits as did my girl friend... The taste was not typical of GG for me as it did have the piney/metallic background, but it finished off kinda sweet.. Not fruity, just refreshing.. Immediate euphoria, and energetic response within about 5 minutes of finishing... Not really thoughtful, but talkative and task oriented.... Overall it lasted about 2 to 3 hours, with no real " coming down " feeling... Just all the sudden thought, " Hey you wanna smoke another bowl Girl." That was like 330 pm... LOL .. I want to thank you P, this was a decent Auto as compared to some of the others I have grown... Really dense and compact little buds... Sticky and Shiny, with a smooth smoke to it... Any way last couple of pics for this thread though I will follow till the end... Green days to all and Happy Heavy Harvest.

Final trim BS, 7 days dry and cure GGa 010.jpg
Final trim BS, 7 days dry and cure GGa 011.jpg
Final trim BS, 7 days dry and cure GGa 012.jpg
Question..... where did you hang. And what were your temps... also where did you keep your paper bags for those 50 hours?

Back
Top Bottom