Growing Virgin

Imananji

420 Member
Hello brand new grower here from canada. So far I've learned lots from this forum but still have many questions. So for my first grow I popped a fee seeds but not all for me.
Seeds were
Holy Grail by DNA Genetics
Blue widow by dinafem
WHite widow by canuk
GG#4
I popped them with moist paper towel in a shoe box for 3 days but 2 days would have been plenty.
After paper towel they went into peat pucks presoaked with distilled water and into humidity dome on a warming mat. The next day they were all an inch out of the dirt. Left them a few days until I saw roots then transplanted them into solo cups. Used azos and mykos when I transplanted them into Fox Farm ocean forest soil. The soil I flushed a lot because the EC was at 4 after first flush pH was pretty steady at around 6.5 . It's now day 16 (day 1 being when I put seeds into paper towel) and I think they are looking good except that I found 2 little white fluff looking thing on the stem of one of the girls.anyone have a guess as to what it might be .Humidity is actually kinda low where I keep them, it's at 20% and temp is at around 75F 80F. The girls haven't been in humidity dome since I transplanted them into solo cups. Also I will be putting a fan going on them in a few hours. I was going to mix coco coir with my FFOF for my transplant into 1gallon pots, feels like I need better drainage. Has anyone ever tried Cyco Coco Coir or have any recommendations for a good coco coir. Any one have any ideas or advice for me. Oh I plan on moving them outdoors when weather permits it and at the moment they are under 4 t8 fluorescent bulbs 2 of which are vegetable bulbs aND 2 are 6500k cool white bulbs .

Your in soil let it dry enough before water /feeding again .

I’ve never used fox farm Soil but there ar many growers here. Did you add any perlite or even coco to fox farm help it breath for roots?

Sounds like your got the idea anyways

First week once you plant a seed I call seedling phase then after usually around 7 days you can call it day one veg .

That rh is very low humidifier in tent ?

Good ventilation is key over the top of medium.

Coco I enjoy this on prime Amazon

Welcome @Imananji looking good! I think my youngsters really appreciated it and took off when I got my humidity up...you got plans for that?

Welcome to:420:Imananji !
Looks like you've got a good start there,doing it right so far!
How far away from the lights are they?
I ask because of the two you have propped up with toothpicks,and 2 others that look a bit stretchy-
You may need to move them closer to the lights.(or move the light closer to them)
Other than that,they're looking good.
Good luck with your grow!

Hello again just putting up an update and some questions. OK from the top . To be honest the Holy Grail kush is my best grower with the least problems. Also the fastest in germination . It had a 1 inch tap root in 2 days of being in the paper towel. Maybe it was the genetics?

When I transplanted from cups to 1 gallon pots I mixed up some soil. 50% coco 25% foxfarm soil 12.5% perlite and 12.5% vermiculite. What a difference in drainage. At the moment I'm watering 750ml every 3 days . The humidity is kinda low because it's a very crappy setup it's not fully sealed . Next year I will have a proper setup . I noticed a big difference when I out the fan on the girls . They perked up right away. Also when I transplanted them I buried that extra long stem . I figured out a good distance for the light to be at. But the girls will be going out side in hopefully 3 weeks where they can get proper light since they are only under T8 bulbs . So for the questions. How should I aclimate them to the sunlight?
Also I've noticed I'm getting yellowing leaves at the bottom of the girls so I started adding cal-mag which I think is helping since I haven't noticed any new leaves turning yellow.
My last question is I was washing some fresh coco for my next transplant and I was running 5.7ph water with 0.2 ec and my first run off was 1.0 ec and 7ph . I ran 10 gallons of water threw 1 gallon pot of coco and couldn't get any good readings from run off . I was able to get ec down to 0.2 but my pH was in the 7's so I ran 3.2 pH water threw the coco which brought my pH down but my EC sky rocketed again . So I gave up when I got pH to 6 and ec 0.4. What was I doing wrong ? Thank for all the help and here are some pics of the girls now . Guess which ones are Holy Grail lol

The ladies. also been low stress trainning them and that's what I use for nutrients oh I also used nematodes

Attachments

• 20190420_133735.jpg
    20190420_133735.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 20190423_142942.jpg
    20190423_142942.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 20190423_144912.jpg
    20190423_144912.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 142
Wow,they've come a long way,looking as happy as can be!...Good Job!
I can't answer the coco questions,but as for moving them outside-just sit them in the shade or indirect sun for a day before you put them in the direct sun-if the weather is real hot (in the 90's),maybe give them 2 days of indirect sun first.

Just posting an update of the ladies. First 2 pics are gg#4 canuck seeds and pic 3 and 4 are holy grail by DNA genetics

Attachments

• 20190627_102343.jpg
    20190627_102343.jpg
    701 KB · Views: 135
  • 20190627_102404.jpg
    20190627_102404.jpg
    660.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 20190627_102456.jpg
    20190627_102456.jpg
    747.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 20190627_102556.jpg
    20190627_102556.jpg
    789.4 KB · Views: 135
Once you pop you just can't stop. Great job.

Hello brand new grower here from canada. So far I've learned lots from this forum but still have many questions. So for my first grow I popped a fee seeds but not all for me.
Seeds were
Blue widow by dinafem
WHite widow by canuk
GG#4
I popped them with moist paper towel in a shoe box for 3 days but 2 days would have been plenty.
After paper towel they went into peat pucks presoaked with distilled water and into humidity dome on a warming mat. The next day they were all an inch out of the dirt. Left them a few days until I saw roots then transplanted them into solo cups. Used azos and mykos when I transplanted them into Fox Farm ocean forest soil. The soil I flushed a lot because the EC was at 4 after first flush pH was pretty steady at around 6.5 . It's now day 16 (day 1 being when I put seeds into paper towel) and I think they are looking good except that I found 2 little white fluff looking thing on the stem of one of the girls.anyone have a guess as to what it might be .Humidity is actually kinda low where I keep them, it's at 20% and temp is at around 75F 80F. The girls haven't been in humidity dome since I transplanted them into solo cups. Also I will be putting a fan going on them in a few hours. I was going to mix coco coir with my FFOF for my transplant into 1gallon pots, feels like I need better drainage. Has anyone ever tried Cyco Coco Coir or have any recommendations for a good coco coir. Any one have any ideas or advice for me. Oh I plan on moving them outdoors when weather permits it and at the moment they are under 4 t8 fluorescent bulbs 2 of which are vegetable bulbs aND 2 are 6500k cool white bulbs .

Hey there!

Looking pretty good. Though try adding any perlite or even coco to fox farm help it breath for the roots. It might really have a positive effect on the seeds.

I have them growing in coco for a while now . I made the mistake of putting some of the fox farm soil on top of the coco maybe a 2 inch or less lair . And now I can bring my PH down . I ran about 10gallons of water phed to 6 and always comes out at ph 7 . Also on one of my plant I noticed some leaf damage ( round circles on the leaves see threw) and saw a few clover mites .

Seeds were
Blue widow by dinafem
WHite widow by canuk
GG#4
Great start my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
Bill

Back
Top Bottom