Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

The Chems and Blues needed a drink. It used the last of the FN Nutes®. I'll need to make a new batch before the next feeding. I believe I proved that you can grow cannabis with as little as 20ppm of P, since that's what the NAA has thrived on since birth. That said, when I make the next batch of FN Nutes® I'm going to change the formula slightly to achieve 30ppm of P, just as a bit more of a buffer. 30ppm of P is still significantly less than most commercial blends. Did some leaf tucking on the younger plants. In a week or two I'll top them.

This is the current.
Are you feeding younger ones with this or the blooming one as well?

If that big juicer goes with the same formual Im amazed. o_O I’d think blooming plant would need lot more Mg, S(?)
I’d give at least doubled S & Mg (would have to bump up Ca then as well)

Otherwise the formula looks kinda same as my current reservoir mix for a vegging plant. Except mines more N sensitive and runnin low as 70ppm

I start seedlings at 20% of that mix and increase it 20‰ every 5-7 days until I reach the numbers in the table. They stay there until harvest. The last feeding of the newer plants finally reached 100% of the table.

The big girl has been eating that diet for months.

IMG_20211201_215031.jpg

IMG_20211201_214952.jpg

I start seedlings at 20% of that mix and increase it 20‰ every 5-7 days until I reach the numbers in the table. They stay there until harvest. The last feeding of the newer plants finally reached 100% of the table.

The big girl has been eating that diet for months.
Aight see you.

That diet indeed looks to be working quite well for the flowering ones as well. As you previosly mentioned about uppin P values by 10ppm - I’d maybe up the K values since youve got 150 N so you could go almost up to 300 of K. And extra Potassium definitely helps building budlets :)

I'd maybe up the K values since youve got 150 N so you could go almost up to 300 of K. And extra Potassium definitely helps building budlets :)

I've never seen a benefit of K over 200ppm, but I did see quite a few plants go into self destruct mode in the 300-320ppm range. Happened quite often in the old Megacrop thread when people added on Greanleaf's PK boosters.

Don't discount the matching tent chickens.

Shush, you're giving away all my secrets :rofl:

Never fear, the Tent Chicken® is here!

but I did see quite a few plants go into self destruct mode in the 300-320ppm range. Happened quite often in the old Megacrop thread when people added on Greanleaf's PK boosters.
Sound advice

Thanks!
Guess that means those photos were better than the previous under lights. Do you think those will help you convince others that high P (or K for that matter) is not necessary? Hoping she's worth of a POTM entry by the 14th. If not she'll go in January. Temps are 68-70 in the outer part of the lab that she's housed in. Hope she colors up some.

Only to those with open minds, but you're going up against years of myth-making that's all over the web.

Truth! Between old stoner logic, those that seek to fill their own pockets (aka non-ethical nute companies), or those that just make up their own "science", it's an up hill battle. At times I think "Screw it, I can grow good weed, Why buck the system? I could just fade away and do me and have less headaches."

We need pioneers even if hardly anyone sees them. Eventually things may change!

I kinda set myself up as an outlier from the beginning. I did almost a years worth of reading and research before I joined here and dropped my first seed. What I was finding, a lot on non-weed related edu sites, was counter culture to what was being posted on this and other weed forums. Between what I was reading, and my experience in my family's greenhouse, things weren't adding up, weed or no weed. Hell, I tried to make the title of this thread as controversial as I could to draw attention. I guess I can't bitch if an occasional squabble breaks out. Sometimes I enjoy a good debate, other times not so much. Along the way I've found a couple compatriots that have joined the frey and made some good friends. A couple of them have vanished either for health or other reasons. Most that have tried the "alternative" methods have had good success. My mission, although I may tire from time to time, is to 1) simplify the growing process, 2) dispell the myths, mostly pH and nutrition related, 3) teach others how to save money growing via DIY tutorials, and 4) expound the virtues of having a Tent Chicken® mascot. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom